What's new

Tech Bane Grab Setups/Resets

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
No, you should always be able to jump to escape a command grab (unless it's in a combo).

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Not necessarily true, chief. Cgrab has air catching properties so certain knockdowns are indeed inescapable because you can buffer out the grab to come in the first few frames of wake-up, meaning jumps will be low enough to catch.

KingKuma

Noob
Thanks for the responses. Anyone know what the timing is to escape the command grab after MB Double Punch in the corner with a wake-up attack? I recorded the dummy doing that set-up and for the life of me I could not get a wake-up attack out before the command grab hit me. However, I tried the same set-up with the dummy on no tech roll, wake-up Double Punch and it got me every time XD

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Not necessarily true, chief. Cgrab has air catching properties so certain knockdowns are indeed inescapable because you can buffer out the grab to come in the first few frames of wake-up, meaning jumps will be low enough to catch.
Oh wow; I figured it would only catch an airborne opponent if they're in a juggle state. Damn, that's incredibly fucked up, then lol. Bane is so sick.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Oh wow; I figured it would only catch an airborne opponent if they're in a juggle state. Damn, that's incredibly fucked up, then lol. Bane is so sick.
According to the community he's low tier lol. I hope they continue to think that

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
To my knowledge, b.21 needs a dash buffered d.b.f.3 to work but really theres quite a few set-ups for it. Doing a juggle sweep will cause the same situation with a different timing (b.23 d.2 d.3 for example), ending it with f.1 at max height will let it happen, EX venom upper in the corner is the most famous example... Hell, if you read my normal throw vs command throw I list a few examples there to make use out of.

You can command grab them perfectly from the distance after a throw and they have next to no buffer time against you, can't roll away, and the like. So you can technically chain trap throws into command grabs for positional resets and whatnot, like doing j.d.3 b.1 f.grab on block into command grab and going from there. His normal toss is only 10 frames of start up, so imagine a command throw type deal that's twice as fast but not comb0-able. Not bad imo.

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
To my knowledge, b.21 needs a dash buffered d.b.f.3 to work but really theres quite a few set-ups for it. Doing a juggle sweep will cause the same situation with a different timing (b.23 d.2 d.3 for example), ending it with f.1 at max height will let it happen, EX venom upper in the corner is the most famous example... Hell, if you read my normal throw vs command throw I list a few examples there to make use out of.

You can command grab them perfectly from the distance after a throw and they have next to no buffer time against you, can't roll away, and the like. So you can technically chain trap throws into command grabs for positional resets and whatnot, like doing j.d.3 b.1 f.grab on block into command grab and going from there. His normal toss is only 10 frames of start up, so imagine a command throw type deal that's twice as fast but not comb0-able. Not bad imo.
I agree, it really isn't bad at all. Bane has the tools as you mentioned, but it's up to us to really make him a very viable and scary character.