What's new

Tech Bane Grab Setups/Resets

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Try again 0_O

edit: RYX Haven't messed with sweep. It's pretty negative on block so I don't really use it a lot. I'd rather d1, d1~body press people.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Try again 0_O

edit: RYX Haven't messed with sweep. It's pretty negative on block so I don't really use it a lot. I'd rather d1, d1~body press people.
It's got some decent reach to it and since it's a hard knockdown they can't tech toll out. Lot of advantage on hit, I think you get free pressure.

PND_Mustard Can you confirm if he gets any free checks without fear of most wake ups?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
depends what you mean by free checks, wakeups are hugely character specific, against People like Doomsday pressuring on their wakeup is always a risk, but then you have characters like Ares who are free as fuck on wakeup, and therefore more vunerable to followups from a d3.

Reactions: RYX
Characters that I've seen with wakeups that can't be stuffed even with Venom:

Flash
Nightwing
Deathstroke (I think - The standing spin one)
Batman

I'm sure there are more.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I can punish Stroke's with Venom and the Flash will get raped on block.

What about the other two?

You can get through that standing spin w/ the sword? I guess my timing is off.

Batman's slide goes through attacks. Nightwing does the ground pound overhead kick thing. You can hit him in mid air with normals, but you have to let him get up and into the animation.

Yea, I wasn't talking about block. Some characters you can just never let people off the ground. Those guys can get up with those wakeups though.

SUPARNOVAX

Oh yeah, the Deathstroke spinny, punish with b2,3, b2,1, dash up and body press free. But the requirement to get the right follow up off B2,1 is kinda strict. The victim will sometimes drop down and slide fully or slide partially depending on the height at which you do it.

I think it might be slight invincible off wake up reversal properties.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Nice Vid OP! I enjoyed it. I've been working on nailing some of those very set ups. Also saw a couple i haven't tried yet, thanks.

You can get through that standing spin w/ the sword? I guess my timing is off.

Batman's slide goes through attacks. Nightwing does the ground pound overhead kick thing. You can hit him in mid air with normals, but you have to let him get up and into the animation.
I have stuffed batmans slide on wake up. The timing is weird. You have to delay it I think. So venom eats the armor and your throw catches him in recovery.

yo bane nation!! can any of you write out the setups for me or at least some... i only have internet access via xbox and it doesnt allow me to view video media at all ..but i can use xboxs youtube if it was posted there ..this would be a huge help as bane is my fav character and if i dont give him a nice dose of tech he tends to get ...violent lol thnx

If anyone didn't know, you can buffer inputs while your dashing. So you can basically dash and have any attack come off the end of it almost immediately.

If you get someone backing up, they are in trouble. If you have venom up, there isn't much to stop you. That gets them on their back foot. Dashing into double punch is really good and has huge range. This gets them blocking and then you can hit with the b21 or command grab. It happens really fast.

I'm not a high level player so this might get blown up by the really good guys.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Not bad. We definately need to look more into this, since theres quite a few strings that can end with b.21. To my knowledge, j.d.3 b.23 d.2 b.21 into dash grab might take up quite a bit of time.

SUPARNOVAX

so i can see the vid but wat i gathered is ..using b21 during juggles to set up dash fwrd meaty c grab ?is this correct?!
Yes, they're all meaty setups with a few options being shut down or pretty narrowly escaped. Basically they have to eat the damage or need some special trait/reversal to get out if their wake up timings aren't wonky.

thats so sick i meant ti write i CANT see the vid but is b21 the only setup in the vid? wish i could see it instead of having to ask you after you alredy posted..really srry man but im very curious as to wat setups are in it...

SUPARNOVAX

thats so sick i meant ti write i CANT see the vid but is b21 the only setup in the vid? wish i could see it instead of having to ask you after you alredy posted..really srry man but im very curious as to wat setups are in it...
There's a few setups, midscreen and corner.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Yo good stuff, ive been looking into picking up Bane as a secondary, so its cool seeing some tech for the guy.

And s/o to seeing another SRK member on TYM.