What's new

Match Footage Bane gameplay from PND Mustard

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"

Some gameplay from the Norwich event of the Injustice UK tour.

Mustard and I finally had the chance to sit down and play the game for about 10 minutes before we had to pack up and ship the cabinets to Wales the next day.

At this point we were just running with what we knew, we didn't have the demo, as we were on the road. And the set was fun, even though it looks like an asshole of a matchup for bane.

That said, Mustard found some really cool Bane stuff a few days after which made the match way more manageable, but obviously that was after this video was shot.

This video was brought to you by The Kombat Tabloid, who were there to get footage from the event for their Facebook page/youtube channel.

Enjoy!

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Nice gameplay!
The match up looks pretty bad but Bane was putting in work.
One thing did Bane's character trait ever get used? If it was I didn't notice it.

Doesn't look that great honestly.

Bane is very slow in terms of his normals. Doesn't look like he has much in the way of big juggle combos, though his anti air throw is great.

His trait has potential but ultimately, the downsides are huge.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

Bane is very slow in terms of his normals. Doesn't look like he has much in the way of big juggle combos, though his anti air throw is great.

He's not even that slow. Doesn't need big juggles when he hits like a truck anyway(especially with that third level venom which grants armor and projectile immunity y'know)

Don't sleep on this guy. ;)

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"

Bane has easy 40% meterless combos, can combo into venom for huge damage. has frame traps up close and has a dirty crossup fierce attack.

This was all found after the video was recorded. Bane is good.

He's not even that slow. Doesn't need big juggles when he hits like a truck anyway(especially with that third level venom which grants armor and projectile immunity y'know)

Don't sleep on this guy. ;)
Well, it only gives him armor and immunity on specials. And hes slow, in regards to his normals. His dash is fast, but whos isnt?

Which leaves only one special to use to get in, and that's the full screen charge. Jump it? Banes ded. Block it? Punish with a fast starter.

And hit like a truck? If you can't juggle, you can't hit like a truck. He just seems like a badly designed guy. If they removed the penalties from using venom, I'd be on board, but it seems to hardly be worth it.

Bane has easy 40% meterless combos, can combo into venom for huge damage. has frame traps up close and has a dirty crossup fierce attack.

This was all found after the video was recorded. Bane is good.
Frame traps don't mean much if your attacks are unsafe on block and slow on startup. You'll get pushblocked or simple just punished.

And what is his combo 'extender'. Is it the venom uppercut? I'm not sure how it works.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Well, it only gives him armor and immunity on specials. And hes slow, in regards to his normals. His dash is fast, but whos isnt?

Which leaves only one special to use to get in, and that's the full screen charge. Jump it? Banes ded. Block it? Punish with a fast starter.

And hit like a truck? If you can't juggle, you can't hit like a truck. He just seems like a badly designed guy. If they removed the penalties from using venom, I'd be on board, but it seems to hardly be worth it.
You can hit like a truck if you do high damage without long juggles.

Trait has no activation time, so he can trait and then tank through anything. Your imagination is very limited, all things considered.

His dash both forward and back look great, which means he could potentially be a solid spacing character. Gotta think about the meta more than the frame data.

You can hit like a truck if you do high damage without long juggles.

Trait has no activation time, so he can trait and then tank through anything. Your imagination is very limited, all things considered.

His dash both forward and back look great, which means he could potentially be a solid spacing character. Gotta think about the meta more than the frame data.
What's the point of activating your trait mid combo aside from use of the extra damage? It only works on specials remember, he has only one advancing special and its not safe.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
What's the point of activating your trait mid combo aside from use of the extra damage? It only works on specials remember, he has only one advancing special and its not safe.
Activating his trait full screen into charge to go through projectiles.

I didn't explain that clearly, apologies, but he's far from a sitting duck.

Activating his trait full screen into charge to go through projectiles.

I didn't explain that clearly, apologies, but he's far from a sitting duck.
Indeed, I know that. That's a very obvious and clear strategy that NRS wanted people to adopt. But unless its at light speed, someone like green arrow who has fast projectiles can just block it. His charge ain't unblockable.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Good stuff Jake. Still kinda bamboozled as to how much of this shit you've found so quickly :confused:

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
i wanna know which console uk top players use like mustard ketchup and foxy grandpa and if they using controllers or sticks

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Foxy, Ketchup, Mustard and Glue all use 360. Pretty sure all pad.
I just switched to stick 5 days ago, I won a regional at the weekend with it, and il be at a tournament next weekend for IGAU again, so I feel pretty confident in keeping it that way for this game :)

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Foxy, Ketchup, Mustard and Glue all use 360. Pretty sure all pad.
thx my reptile colleague :) i am selling my ps3 now to buy 360 now already because i just discovered that on psn i can't even play with US players :( that's really suck because mk is US game and there are much more people . But i can't play with xbox controller in fighting games :( trying to get controller converter pro to play with ps3 controller :) THTB man can u say me which console are u using and guys like cd jr, perfect legend,reo,tom brady plz