What's new

Breakthrough - Piercing Ball roll is not functioning properly

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
The reason this happens is because of the way High attacks are implemented. High attacks straight up can't hit crouching opponents no matter how big the hitbox is. The easiest way to see this is Sindel's air scream ball if you mess with the pc version files. It goes diagonally down but no matter how you aim it, it won't hit a crouching opponent. Ball Roll is not a crouching attack so high attacks with low enough hitboxes will hit her. The only ways to "fix" this would be to make Ball Roll count as crouching, nerf the hitbox of that scorpion normal, or specifically make Ball Roll immune to that normal. The first 2 options are not very good choices and the last one is weird. This should probably just be left alone.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
You joki g but I would take a hard to nerf to mileena with no questions asked if the same got done to scorpion.
I joked there, because I noticed that some of those dudes were arguing about nerfing each other mains, so I thought of this middle solution. If you guys don't like nerfing, then how about you suggest some fixes to make them more balanced and fair to anyone?

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Mileena needs to be normalized. I demand that she gets B12 in all of her variations, and her Sais are pink in both Ethereal and Ravenous. It's the least NRS can do for this C-Tier character!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
The reason this happens is because of the way High attacks are implemented. High attacks straight up can't hit crouching opponents no matter how big the hitbox is. The easiest way to see this is Sindel's air scream ball if you mess with the pc version files. It goes diagonally down but no matter how you aim it, it won't hit a crouching opponent. Ball Roll is not a crouching attack so high attacks with low enough hitboxes will hit her. The only ways to "fix" this would be to make Ball Roll count as crouching, nerf the hitbox of that scorpion normal, or specifically make Ball Roll immune to that normal. The first 2 options are not very good choices and the last one is weird. This should probably just be left alone.
Just pointing out for the record this post is pretty much on the money. NRS never actually said anywhere that roll is mechanically a true high crush.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Lying bastard
Where I come from we call those people "shit chatters".

except I showed you guys I'm not a shit chatter init

you're a shit chatter so

chat shit

get banged

and that's exactly what Scorpion did to Mileena.