What's new

Balance Suggestions: Perfect Legend, M2Dave, Forever King, THTB and PLAYING TO W1N

M2Dave

Zoning Master
did you seriously just say a "handful of characters at tournaments" and make a post about imbalance and then brought up mmh as one of ur points? seriously?

my bad mmh is all over the tournament scene and has been stocking up on the top 8s

lex has armor, a 6f punisher that gives a hard knockdown and probes to allow him to maneuver in a little easier

do u even play any good lex?

mmh and lex are 100% not comparable at all

thats like saying shazam and bane are alike cause they have command grabs

its better 2 not post on characters u dont know extremely well passing off poor information
Relax, fool.

I was not arguing for your character to be normalized.

I think Martial Manhunter is a very balanced character in every facet.

Besides, you were the one who told me that Revolver's Lex Luthor was getting mopped up 30:1 by CD Jr.'s Superman.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
My suggestions for Superman nerfs -

-Make straight laser combos scale, making his best corner combo around the high 50%
-Make straight laser build less meter on block and/or whiff.
-Make his trait go away when you hit him and (maybe) if he blocks an attack. (Make his trait-losing properties similar to that of Reptile's invisibility).
-Make his ice breath clashable
-Make Rising Grab be slightly more disadvantageous on block.
-Make F23 have a lesser anti-air hitbox.

I think these are fair nerfs to a character that I will forever main without touching any and all recovery on his lasers, which I feel would be overkill.

REO

Undead
Relax, fool.

I was not arguing for your character to be normalized.

I think Martial Manhunter is a very balanced character in every facet.

Besides, you were the one who told me that Revolver's Lex Luthor was getting mopped up 30:1 by CD Jr.'s Superman.

thats lex worst mu

its more of a problem with superman than it is w/ lex

u have a set up char that relies on armor

superman who shuts down armor

it is what it is and thats how some matches go

itd be like buffing batman cause aquaman shuts him down

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Bitch please, it was like 10-1. And that was literally the first time I've played vs Superman outside like 2 ranked matches haha. I've been fine against guys like KDZ , Frantastic, and Gridman that I've played since then.

Blown up for late night casuals at Rapzilla's house ;_;

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
My suggestions for Superman nerfs -

-Make straight laser build less meter on block and/or whiff. This can be ducked, if you block it your punishment should be him building more meter

-Make F23 have a lesser anti-air hitbox. This would be the one thing I would like, I at least wanna be able to jump over him and have him wiff the string, shit even be able to Neutral jump and have it wiff, this would stop 90% of people from just hitting F23 all day.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
itd be like buffing batman cause aquaman shuts him down.
But Aquaman's trait shuts down many other characters (i.e., Catwoman, Batgirl, Grundy, etc.) and affects others (i.e., Scorpion, Zod, etc.)

Imagine if a character could block grounded combos in MK...

Kabal might have a challenge. LOL.

REO

Undead
But Aquaman's trait shuts down many other characters (i.e., Catwoman, Batgirl, Grundy, etc.) and affects others (i.e., Scorpion, Zod, etc.)

Imagine if a character could block grounded combos in MK...

Kabal might have a challenge. LOL.

and supermans trait shuts down many others characters (bane, grundy, etc.)

what is your point? lol

Also nerf batman and supes into the ground kthanks. I hate those fucking characters on more than just a gameplay level.
Your personal vendetta against a comic book hero is no grounds for nerfs. We already have some options to balance them. If you're not contributing constructive suggestions, then it's pointless.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
wait you guys wanna nerf green lantern? noooooooo why?
If they want to give him his true mids fine, if they keep them as highs fine, if they increase cooldown for trait.. Fine. But if they decrease the duration of his trait I'm going to be so fucking salty. That would destroy him entirely.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
Your personal vendetta against a comic book hero is no grounds for nerfs. We already have some options to balance them. If you're not contributing constructive suggestions, then it's pointless.
BUT I HATE THEM. I'm only half-serious. Just tired of lasers, f23's, upper cutting ji2's and having bats negate my footies all god damn day

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
If they want to give him his true mids fine, if they keep them as highs fine, if they increase cooldown for trait.. Fine. But if they decrease the duration of his trait I'm going to be so fucking salty. That would destroy him entirely.
i agree im all for fixing the mids but extra trait cooldown why? and if they make it any shorter it will ruin it
making minigun pushblock-able would suck too because MB version creates distance and if he was pushblocked after it he would be at like 70% screen away and would have to work his way back in, it would just make it easier to zone a character whos the easiest to zone in the game. those suggestion would destroy GL

BUT I HATE THEM. I'm only half-serious. Just tired of lasers, f23's, upper cutting ji2's and having bats negate my footies all god damn day
I made a series of suggestions that would encourage the use of other strings. Feel free to comment on them.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Hawkgirl
S - Allow clash of MB mace charge
R- ... allow clash, its multi hitting
I'd rather not have it being clashable, her B3 and F3 moves suck ass, mc mb and mt mb are the only options outside of raw moves like we3 to make sure the opponent doesn't clash. And it's not like HG is gonna have infinite meter at the end of a match anyway.
I'm pretty sure that (first hit) MC is clashable too during a combo so outside of b3, f3 and the impossible to land in a match mt mb shoulder, b3, f3 combo, she can't guarentee unclashable damages.

If you get hit by raw MC, either you pressed buttons or tried to backdash, and if you block the first hit of mc mb, you can easily block the second one. Just stand immediately after you block the first hit, it's not like she has any other option if she wants to keep the pressure.

The Hawkgirl community has been AND is still discussing the changes she needs HERE so check it out. Note that the first post of that thread is still incomplete.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
i agree im all for fixing the mids but extra trait cooldown why? and if they make it any shorter it will ruin it
making minigun pushblock-able would suck too because MB version creates distance and if he was pushblocked after it he would be at like 70% screen away and would have to work his way back in, it would just make it easier to zone a character whos the easiest to zone in the game. those suggestion would destroy GL
I'm fine with longer time in between traits because it doesn't affect specific setups (ex lift setups in particular). less trait duration does.

take this for example:
b1 3 xx trait xx lift, 223 xx mb lift, (slight step forward) crossup Ji3, 223 lift, [223 lift]

the section in brackets would no longer be possible because trait would be inactive. it's only possible because trait is still BARELY active. Sure for this specific setup its not the BIGGEST deal in the world but it does hurt his damage and it does fuck over some setups that are already gimmicky to begin with.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I'm fine with longer time in between traits because it doesn't affect specific setups (ex lift setups in particular). less trait duration does.

take this for example:
b1 3 xx trait xx lift, 223 xx mb lift, (slight step forward) crossup Ji3, 223 lift, [223 lift]

the section in brackets would no longer be possible because trait would be inactive. it's only possible because trait is still BARELY active. Sure for this specific setup its not the BIGGEST deal in the world but it does hurt his damage and it does fuck over some setups that are already gimmicky to begin with.
longer time between traits wouldnt destroy the character or anything i just dont think its necessary at all
now making his trait shorter would be a huge deal, it would take away some combo opportunities, force you to shorten others and hurts his damage.....again i dont see why anyone thinks GL should be nerfed, he isnt even top 8

the most part of these changes are good points like superman's f2 hitting in air i mean being so fast and having hit box thats anti airs to is ridiculous
the wonder woman balance suggestions are unreasonable.
wonder woman lasso grab is a high and full combo punishable on whiff does not need to be touched.
her dive punch is useless outside of the corner.
and the set up only works in the corner,i really dont know why people think wonder woman needs nerfs.
shes is so over rated its hurts.
the amount of work wonder woman has to put in for a win compared to most of the cast is crazy.
the funny thing is how people that dont know much about the characters can feel their in a position to suggest changes for wonder woman.
i mean foxy is one of the more known wonder woman players was he even contacted to get his opinion no dont think he was.
wonder woman is the most fair character in this game and doesn't need any nerfs.