Balance Patch Speculation

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I’d like to see the following + hitbox fixes:

Erron:

F4 now -12 and amplified -15.
B222 now mid mid overhead.
B222 now -20 on block.
Amplified Slide hit advantage reduced to 5.
21212 string no -22 on block.
Reduced hitbox on jump kicks.
D4 now -10 on block.
D1 now 7 frames and -7 on block.
Man, you must really hate Erron Black. These changes would crater him. Honestly, I'd be fine with him if F4 was more punishable, and he couldn't machine gun his D4. The rest feels like overkill.

I guess I also kinda think his rifle stance shots shouldn't do so much god damn chip...but meh...

Ed Boon predicted Shao Kahn would win Evo... that to me says there might be something done before August. But again, who knows until it happens.
At the time, though, Shao Khan was a preorder bonus, so hyping him up drummed up sales for the game by people wanting to get him. If Jax had been the preorder bonus, Boon would have picked Jax as the guy who'd win Evo. It would have been a weird marketing strategy for him to have said anything else.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
At the time, though, Shao Khan was a preorder bonus, so hyping him up drummed up sales for the game by people wanting to get him. If Jax had been the preorder bonus, Boon would have picked Jax as the guy who'd win Evo. It would have been a weird marketing strategy for him to have said anything else.
Dammit... that makes a lot of sense actually. Lol

jmt

Noob
and except the suggestion to remove geras' "low sand move" (..which one?). I would never agree with removing a tool from a character, just nerf frames and/or damage here and there for geras
Yea that is pure insanity. Those guys are out there.

Methysan

Noob
Purely from watching Summit of Time, I have 2 predictions:

Geras' sand trap will be nerfed. Perhaps its startup. Watching him block and full screen punish all of Noob's projectiles was gross.

Erron's acid puddle will be nerfed. Either its duration, or it won't do damage while Erron is performing a throw on top of it.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter

Geras' sand trap will be nerfed. Perhaps its startup. Watching him block and full screen punish all of Noob's projectiles was gross.

Erron's acid puddle will be nerfed. Either its duration, or it won't do damage while Erron is performing a throw on top of it.
All S tier will be nerfed

Gunnxr

Apprentice
In my eyes, I don't think there is any need for nerfs. Don't nerf anyone, just give buffs to characters who are on the lower end of the tier list.
My biggest suggestion would be:
Add another pop up string and special (amplified or not) to every character to provide for more variety in combos.

That's what you want based on Summit of Time? Geras players lost to Cassie, Cetrion, Jacqui and Baraka. There was no Geras in the semis and finals neither on winners side nor on loser side. Buff Geras! Nah, I'm kidding.

Sand Trap is not the problem, Noob should be buffed instead. Noob's projectiles are bad but if Sand Trap gets nerfed what should a Geras player do against Sonya's Rings or Baraka Sparks, Kang Fireballs, etc? That move is designed to punish projectile zoning and you want to get it nerfed becaused it does what it is designed for? It should be adjusted to the fastest projectiles not to the slowest ones.

Geras should get damage nerf on all of his Krushing Blows but Summit clearly showed that he's not that OP. I've won against Geras players, Erron players but the Chick Squad (Cassie, Jacqui, Sonya) is a nightmare to play against, especially Jacqui. And how many characters are slept on at this moment? A skilled Cage player can give you a run for your money anytime. DJT's Baraka was amazing so he can be played on a high level but only a few can play him like DJT. Buff or nerf then or fine as it is? I played against amazing Kotal players who can mix your shit to death if you're not blocking correctly and can kill you even if you're blocking with 80% accuracy.

So it's still early. If Combo Breaker and EVO are taken by Geras players who abuse Sand Trap we can return to it but as of right now I think the move works as it should be.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I'm just expecting Scorpion to get nerfed into complete uselessness with all of the nerd-rage about him. I'm hoping it won't be too too bad but with every site and forum full of idiots who can't block a spammed teleport and what it to be MORE unsafe or hit high (which they only want because then with the amount of telegraphed reactable SLOWNESS of his startup animation he will be FREE to uppercut KBs as well as easily defended simply by crouching without blocking... that shit was so stupid in mk9 it needs to stay mid). If you nerf his cancel or amp on block slightly, ok whatever, but he'd better get some better frames on normals and strings out of it. The spear getting buffed to be meterless like every other stun move in the game is a lost cause.

And for the love of god make Kitana's fans + on hit again! why are they - on hit???

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
Just curious if anyone’s heard news on an ETA.

Wishlist is: Geras and Erron nerfs.

Hitbox bug fixes so we can use high attacks without getting nuked.

Some slight fatal blow nerfs.

Some minor buffs for a small handful of characters.

Afumba

Noob
It has been said alot but the hit/hurtbox issues should be the fiestvthings to be addressed together with KBs.
KBs are such a big part of the game that they need to balance them properly. Meaning that every character/variation should have enough pratical ones. Some having 5 and while others have 1 is totally unbalanced.

Also they should double check some Variations, as they dont make sense.

This maybe a really dumb topic but I'm bored at work.

Thoughts timing/content of a balance patch?

I am pretty anti-nerf but in my dream scenario:

Patch comes out this week (again, the dream)
D'vorah gets a whole bunch of fixes
Shao Kahn gets a few minor buffs
Erron Black... makes it so you don't need the hands of a god child to hit 21212 (I know people will cry for nerfs and that there are short cuts for the string.. but this is my list so /shrug)
-Also, Erron needs a 2nd variation
Johnny Cage gets actual krushing blows (imo thats all he needs)
Frost gets some buffs
Johnny Cage needs to have his entire second variation reworked, and F3 has to be changed to a mid attack.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Geras - reduce kb's damage.
Erron - reduce acid damage.
Sonya - reduce overall damage.
Shao - reduce string gaps, buffs start-up and fix camera glitch.
D'vorah - remove from game, add Takeda.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Two general game fixes I'd like to see are:

1. throws should have less range than d2s. I makes no sense that I neutral duck a throw, make a read, and get whiff punished for it.

2. moves that low profile mids need to go. I had enough with Johnny's MKX d4.