What's new

Strategy Bad Matchups - Making them winnable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Kabal isn't a bad matchup. I'll take Kabal any day of the week over Raiden and Quan Chi (I don't know if the Quan Chi thing is just me, but I really do feel that matchup is torturous at the best of times). I know most will probably criticise me for saying Quan Chi but I am just going by personal experience. I have always thought Quan Chi is ridiculously good despite all the comments that say otherwise. Shang Tsung isn't a bad matchup for me.

My bad matchups:

Raiden first and foremost, Quan Chi, Kitana, Mileena, Kung Lao (probably as bad as Raiden, or worse), Skarlett, Smoke and maybe Scorpion.

I don't know how to make those matchups more favourable - they wouldn't be unfavourable matchups if I knew how. My approach is to see what I can get away with, to be brutally honest.
Quan chi sucks man. I feel you on that. For me it Basically comes down to blocking low and baiting/ punishing sky drops. You kinda have to get in his head first and force breakers cause, between skulls and blocked mixups he builds meter like crazy. Fuckin bastard with his koolaid and shenanigans. >.<
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Jade is a bad matchup for Subby too.
I've only ever been beaten by one or two subbies that learned how to rush me down and once I get their game, I'm at advantage again.
But the game is simple vs Jade.
Don't stay away and trick her into the ice.
Also subby gets that ridiculous infinite combo where you get to push me from one corner of the map to the next without me ever getting a chance to block, break or anything.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Also subby gets that ridiculous infinite combo where you get to push me from one corner of the map to the next without me ever getting a chance to block, break or anything.
Lol wha? Anyway, I HATE fighting a good jade lol. It's partly my lack of exp in the match up. I usually try to just rush the hell out of her. Perhaps you can shed some light? I literally have no idea what of hers is safe/unsafe. Specifically her wake ups..

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I've only ever been beaten by one or two subbies that learned how to rush me down and once I get their game, I'm at advantage again.
But the game is simple vs Jade.
Don't stay away and trick her into the ice.
hahahaha. seriously? Get outta here. an Infinite? Unless you are talking about the ice puddle (which you should never get caught in period) then I think we are playing different games.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I kid you not, a guy did that to me all day and I wasn't able to block.
Yeah, if youre talking about b121 into f4xxfreeze, then yeah, don't block low. But watch for the throw/d4/slide mix up. From a sub players perspective, i like to.check them with a slide or sweep after b121 to set up throws later on. Some guys start with the throw or f4, but its pretty expected now so I see alot of stand blocking naked crouches. So I usually start with slide or sweep to get the blocking low, I find this sets up f4 or throw pretty well. The best advice I can give you is to stand with out blocking so you can tech the throw or hit block on reaction if you see f4 coming.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Does fuzz work on this or do I have to guess right? (And why the hell don't Jade have one of these :(
Not really, its a mix up :) you just need to know subs options off of,b121. Which are, throw, block string pressure, d4/slide or f4 overhead. So yeah you have to guess, but so does sub.....keep that in mind.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
@Completly Jaded small World hahaha i was one of the Subs on PSN, against you "Irishmantis" (PSN)

ha i know what ya talking about it, the back 2.1.2, its not an infinite its more like a 50/50 plus theres a small window to escape it before hand, or land an X-ray,
but i always catch people with that string

a bad match up for Sub would be other than Lao or Katina, would be a good Raiden, if he Teleports, pokes, his pokes reaches you before you can Poke him, quite mind fuzziling

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i must have an evil laugh at this.

lets play a few games,my sub is rusty but you'll learn his options.

IrishMantis

Just noticed alot of good people i play i always find on this site, i remember paying UsedforGlue before he almost made me considering quitting MK, but cant do that, Fuck Cyrax hahaha

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
i must have an evil laugh at this.

lets play a few games,my sub is rusty but you'll learn his options.
the quarkzero is amazing <3

Irish: your subby is also fun but it wasn't you that kept doing that pseudo-infinite nonsense. I'll have to ex overhead it I guess. We'll see.

IrishMantis

the quarkzero is amazing <3

Irish: your subby is also fun but it wasn't you that kept doing that pseudo-infinite nonsense. I'll have to ex overhead it I guess. We'll see.
yeah i think now i know what your on about the back 2,1,2 in the corner but he keeps doing it repeatedly so its like a chain, block high, and shadow kick straight away after where it usually staggers, you should see a throw coming if he has you in the corner, cause hes just chaining the hits together so any stoppage in his pattern you know to kick him, then ya free

ill try with cha next time ya on
but even if its the back 2,1,2 xx f4 freeze combo, block high always, taking a throw or slide is better than a full 30% combo (or something around that)
as i said when i was playing ya, your the first Sick Jade player ive seen and theres not many

at the pollish dude yeah man send me a pm on my PSN and ill fight you when im back on

Status
Not open for further replies.