What's new

Match-up Discussion Bad Matchups: How to Deal with them

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Vs Raiden(4-6):

Starting the Match
I find either dashing forward and blocking or walking forward and blocking is the best way to go. This way you can try to elicit a reaction and punish accordingly. This is the safest way to start the match in my opinion.

At Fullscreen:
At fullscreen one of Raiden's options is to spam lightning balls at you. All you have to do is walk forward and block when they are about to hit. You will most likely be midscreen by the time they get two lightning balls off. This will build him some meter, and maybe chip you some. The only other thing you need to respect here is the teleport and the superman when he is in range. If you are walking forward you will be able to react to the superman and block it for a full combo punished. The teleport may be used to get in, if it is just spin immediately to punish. I will say that this matchup will not be played at fullscreen most of the time, and technically he does have a slight advantage vs. Baraka(although it is trivial). Also as always you can EX blade charge the lightning on reaction.

At Midscreen:
Once you are midscreen you need to start playing your footsie game. Using your sweep and canceling into blade charge will fake out most people one or two times. After that you can block to try and stop any superman attempt, and punish when blocked. If they try to teleport to punish, you can spin to punish. If you are in D4 range it can check Raiden. One of Raiden's best footsie tools is his B3. If he tries to do this and you block it, he is at -7. You can then d3 and backdash to try and whiff punish, or start pressure. If he uses his F2 he is neutral at block, so you can either guess he is going to poke and block low, poke yourself, or take his next blockstring and punish accordingly. He could also teleport after the F2, which is why poking may not be the best idea for the F2. His D4 is not really effective in the matchup due to ours having a much larger range.

Up Close:
You need to always respect his teleport, it will get him out of a lot of situations. You need to know how to punish his strings if the Raiden decides not to teleport. For instance, if he tries to do his b312 string he is -3 on block. What you can do on this is d3 the first time it is blocked. After you block another b312, he will most likely teleport, which you can spin. Also after he b312s you can F44 to get him away from you. It is 6 frames so Raiden cannot do much but teleport to avoid it, but even then he only has like 2 frames to punish. If he does his 3,3,4 string he is 0 on block, so the best option here is to throw. Throwing will get you out of most of his pressure game. However he can always cancel into the teleport, which means you can either spin if you expect it or just block and try and guess the next string right. He is also 0 on block after he uses f2,4. Again throwing or trying to bait the teleport is your best option for punishing his strings on block. As for your pressure game, you can still cancel things into slices. For instance, say he is dashing in, once he does you can 4 slices which is something around 12 frames. They usually will not expect it so they will either get hit for damage or dash block and get hit by it for meter build. If he is about to dash in you can also use either F2,4 to push him towards the corner or F2 slices for meter build/damage. If he is within dashing range, you can also use b3,2 slices for meter build, or b3,2 2 for the overhead which will hit unless he knows Baraka's string ends in the overhead and blocks the last hit high(it is -14 on block, so you have to evaluate how well your opponent knows the character).

Footsies
Playing Footsies with Raiden is not so easy considering some of the footsie tools he has at his disposal. Your sweep can be used very well here, because if you are within sweep range and it actually hits, you get a knockdown. If it gets blocked, you are +11 frames on block and have enough time to F4 to stuff any punish he tries to do(he may have like a 1 frame window to teleport, but I cant think of him doing that unless you get predictable with it. Even then I dont think he can punish the whiffed F4 in time). If that 1 frame window scares you, just slices after the sweep to be 0 on block. You can also use D4 to check Raiden from sweep range, and you can use it to bait a teleport for a punish. You can also use slices as a footsie tool, as it has good range and put you at neutral on block. Once here you can poke into pressure or bait a teleport.

The other part of this is respecting Raiden's footsies. His B3 is used a lot as a footsie tool, so when they do this they are -7 on block. This means you can d3 punish, and once again you must either commit to some sort of pressure, wait for him to react with a string, or wait for a teleport. You can also use the d3 to start up your footsies again. Just backdash after the d3 and start your footsies again. Another tool Raiden uses for footsies is his f2. On block his f2 is neutral, so you can either d3 and either hit or get a clash with his 6f d1(p1 advantage, blah blah) or just wait and see what he does after. If they decide to end the f2 into f2,4 it is the same thing, he is neutral. The one good thing about this matchup is you do render his d4 useless with your d4. His d4s range makes it to where he cannot d4 unless he is close to you, and if he does hit it you will at the very least probably be crouching(try and react when he pokes to at least duck, because then he will only be at +8 and at the most he can poke instead of 15 which gives him a plethora of options). If you manage to see it and block it he is still neutral on block. So while it can be useful to him when you are in its range, if you stay out of it's range and check him with d4, you can make him use the move less.

Oki
Honestly any oki is going to be a risk. The best thing imo is to sweep, because it will lower his hitbox to stop most of Raiden's wakeups. Obviously he could just wakeup teleport, but the beauty of sweep is it is special cancelable so you can cancel it into the spin to punish. Otherwise you can try to D4 or something else to lower the hitbox. If they get smart and start just blocking low to try and block and punish, you can f2,4 to get them in the corner or f2 slices to get some damage.

Wakeup
If he keeps trying to pressure you can spin or charge to armor through it. I really cannot think of much to put here, other than blade charge if he tries to throw a projectile and watch what he does. Make sure if you do the blade charge it is punishing something, dont just throw out the blade charge or else you will be punished. Standing up and blocking may be your best option here.

In the Corner(Baraka)
When you finally get him cornered, you wont keep him there for long. Let's face it, his teleport will kill your corner game. There are a few ways around this, like using b31 b31 f4 instead of b31 b31 b31 f4. The first combo will leave you at +16 frame advantage, which allows you to f3,2 slices or f3,2 2. If he blocks the slices you are neutral and can d3 into more pressure. If you get the knockdown, see oki. Anything else like f2, slices he can teleport before they hit, so in the corner it is best to not leave him a huge opportunity to punish if something whiffs because of the teleport.

In the Corner(Raiden)
To start this off I am going to list some common Raiden corner combo starters, and how to punish them if you manage to block them:

F4(0 on block): When he does this you can go for the d3(especially if you have p1 advantage) otherwise you have to wait for his next blockstring.

B312(-3 on block): You can throw here to corner him. If nothing else d3 to make him counterpoke and maybe blade spin to get him off of you.

3,3,4(-1 on block): D3 or throw. See above.

F2,4(0 on block): See above

Once he gets you in the corner you need to punish when you can. You should probably save your breaker here because he can get 40-43% in the corner. Any throw opportunity you can get is crucial, because it reverses the situation. after a b312 is the safest time to throw. Otherwise just know when you can poke into either spin or slices to get out of the situation. Yes Raiden can teleport out of the d3 slices but if he does you are still out of the corner.

Meter Usage
Like I said before I usually save the meter for breaker in this matchup. EX blade charging through lightning is pointless in my opinion, because you can dash in very easily instead of wasting a bar. Plus you still get hit by the lightning, and once you get in he can teleport out very easily. the F2 EX slices in the corner is kind of risky in this matchup, because you technically will ever have an opportunity where he can't just teleport before the F2 hits. So save the meter for breaker, EX blade charge if you really need some damage to end a round or something.

Meter building
This is very hard in this matchup. Off of any string cancel into slices. Whenever you can stop his dashes with F2 end in slices. If you can b3,2 slices it will build a lot of meter as well. If you want to take a risk and Jip into 2,2 1+2 into slices you can build a lot of meter as well. Trying to bait teleports will work well, as even if he blocks the spin builds a lot of meter. you have to be careful to time the punish right though, or he can neutral duck and full combo punish it.

Keys to the matchup
  • Punishing Teleport with throw or spin
  • Saving meter for breakers
  • Playing proper footsies and reacting to his
  • Using sweep as an oki tool
  • Ending combos with F4(Like b31 b31 F4 which leaves you at +16)
That is all I can think of for this one. Johnny Cage coming soon.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Yea I said the 213 string is a 50/50 when he has meter for a low EX fireball, I didn't say it was fuzziable. And what you're baiting is jump-ins and fireballs. I said earlier you should space yourself just outside jumping distance so you can react to a fireball or jump-in. As long as he's not in your face baraka is in control.
read back over your posts you said ex fireball mixups are only good against people who are bad at fuzzying.

1man3letters

Zoidberg747 re;radien

since you said it in two of the last chars you done just wanted to let you know, b4 is NOT special cancelable,it just recovers fast.
also whiffed b4 to charge shouldnt be used all the time,especially vs radien,use it maybe once a match

using spin against a smart radiens tele will get you fullcombo punished,same with throw if u use to many, the radien player knows you cant frame trap him bar 22 1+2,d1/d3so they know throws are koming,all he has to do is duck

d3 on hit will never give baraka enough adv for a uninterupted backdash,its only +2

sweep on"oki" will get blow up by superman on sweeps active frames unless after 212 or f24 knockdowns and the only way your gettin f4 off a blocked b4 is at extreme touching distance and at 26 frames,radien has plenty of time to avoid

tele does hamper rakas corner game but doesnt sht it down,crossover if u read a tee and he'll tele himself back into corner unless it ex tele

only cause i didnt see it mentioned but the different push backs from a blocked superman can be a pain in the dick sometimes for baraka.
also radien pretty much shuts down alot(but not all) of baraka footsies, you wont win this MUwith having better footsies than your opp..sadly

Zoidberg747

Zoidberg747 re;radien

since you said it in two of the last chars you done just wanted to let you know, b4 is NOT special cancelable,it just recovers fast.
also whiffed b4 to charge shouldnt be used all the time,especially vs radien,use it maybe once a match

using spin against a smart radiens tele will get you fullcombo punished,same with throw if u use to many, the radien player knows you cant frame trap him bar 22 1+2,d1/d3so they know throws are koming,all he has to do is duck

d3 on hit will never give baraka enough adv for a uninterupted backdash,its only +2

sweep on"oki" will get blow up by superman on sweeps active frames unless after 212 or f24 knockdowns and the only way your gettin f4 off a blocked b4 is at extreme touching distance and at 26 frames,radien has plenty of time to avoid

tele does hamper rakas corner game but doesnt sht it down,crossover if u read a tee and he'll tele himself back into corner unless it ex tele

only cause i didnt see it mentioned but the different push backs from a blocked superman can be a pain in the dick sometimes for baraka.
also radien pretty much shuts down alot(but not all) of baraka footsies, you wont win this MUwith having better footsies than your opp..sadly
The whiffed B4 to blade charge actually works a lot for me, so it is one of those things I have to be punished for me to stop doing it. And I didnt really mean special cancelable, but it recovers so fast that the spin can hit. If they duck you can do the poke. If they keep neutral ducking you can do b3 and they may not be able to block in time, or you can poke.

D3 wont give an uninterrupted backdash no, but you can still do one as long as Raiden doesnt use a fast attack or poke.

B4 on sweep could still be a good tool against Raidens that like to tele on wakeup, if they superman it then you have to stop doing it and just block and wait for him.

As for Superman's pushback, you just have to know the range. If you can spin it, spin it. If you can blade charge it, blade charge it. If you can get the b3 launcher off, obviously that works as well. Raiden really does not shut down Baraka's footsies. D4 is still a very good tool in the matchup, because the only way he can get out of your d4 range is to teleport. When he does you can either throw or spin if he likes to attack after, or poke or b31 if he likes to neutral duck. Whiffing sweep can also be used as a good footsie tool. He cant superman or else it will be blocked because it has fast recovery. If he tries to do anything to punish you can stuff him with the blade charge. If he teleports you can punish that as well.

Did not know about the crossover thing, thank you for that. I understand it is a bad matchup, and agree it is up there with KL, Kenshi, Kabal, but I dont think it is any worse than 4-6.

1man3letters

I think he means he could neutral duck then punish. But then again I have always been able to spin it, so idk, I think you and I may be right on this one.
how are u sure the radien wasnt trying to do something when you spined though?
spin can punish tele but only if you are waiting it for, people saying you can punish on reaction to a straight blocking radien in real game is bullshit.

like i said i dont care about numbers anymore so if you want to say your right go right ahead,i honestly dont mind, what i do mind is false information and theory fighting

1man3letters

Zoidberg747 SomeCubanGuy

im going to take another stab a bit more calmly this time at trying to explain my view on baraka vs punishing radiens tele, please note that im not trying to say if match is 3.5-6.5/4-6/3-7 etc or not, we all agree its bad so thats not important

what i was trying to get at is while baraka can punish the tele with spin,its not a sure fire thing,
while at fullscreen when raiden when has little other options besides fireball,whiffed VB or tele, the tele is dealt with but at times were say your dashing blocking,during your startup/active frames of a move or a delayed tele off a blockstring its not so cut and dry, and thats not even taking into the account the ex tele mixup which is a pretty big deal depending on what punish you try because radien 100% can duck spin 100% of the time after ex tele, leading to a big whiff punish

if a 7 frame move shut down radiens tele,he wouldnt be able to tele vs any char in the game, while certain things are possible we should take into account the success rate of such things and the variables in them

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Zoidberg747 SomeCubanGuy

im going to take another stab a bit more calmly this time at trying to explain my view on baraka vs punishing radiens tele, please note that im not trying to say if match is 3.5-6.5/4-6 or not, we all agree its bad so thats not important

what i was trying to get at is while baraka can punish the tele with spin,its not a sure fire thing,
while at fullscreen when raiden when has little other options besides fireball,whiffed VB or tele, the tele is dealt with but at times were say your dashing blocking,during your startup/active frames of a move or a delayed tele off a blockstring its not so cut and dry, and thats not even taking into the account the ex tele mixup which is a pretty big deal depending on what punish you try because radien 100% can duck spin 100% of the time after ex tele, leading to a big whiff punish

if a 7 frame move shut down radiens tele,he wouldnt be able to tele vs any char in the game, while certain things are possible we should take into account the success rate of such things and the variables in them
Agreed. Basically, Spin punishes the Teleport, BUT Teleport pretty much has to be scouted. It's incredibly difficult to punish on reaction. On top of that, EX Teleport is pretty much unpunishable, so you always have to take Raiden's meter into consideration when you're scouting Teleports.

Zoidberg747

Zoidberg747 SomeCubanGuy

im going to take another stab a bit more calmly this time at trying to explain my view on baraka vs punishing radiens tele, please note that im not trying to say if match is 3.5-6.5/4-6 or not, we all agree its bad so thats not important

Let me explain my point of view better, I dont think I was clear the last time. When I am talking about punishing Raiden's spin, I am talking about when you EXPECT it. If he catches you off guard with it you cannot punish it. However say you are using Baraka's frame traps and know he is about to tele. When you see him do it and input the spin it will punish him. If he finishes the B3 blockstring and teleports, most people expect it. At MLG most people were punishing Perfect Legend's Teleports with fast attacks, because they knew that he was going to do it. Then he started mixing it up and they stopped punishing it, because they did not expect it. I am not saying you can punish it 100% of the time, only that you can always punish it when it is expected. As for EX tele again if you expect a regular tele and you hear and see the EX tele you can just not spin, although I do see your point as if your late you will be full combo punished. If he teles while you are in the middle of a blockstring of course you cant punish it, I never said that. You just have to know when to punish it, and when to respect the EX tele.

quote="SomeCubanGuy, post: 406740, member: 2440"]Agreed. Basically, Spin punishes the Teleport, BUT Teleport pretty much has to be scouted. It's incredibly difficult to punish on reaction. On top of that, EX Teleport is pretty much unpunishable, so you always have to take Raiden's meter into consideration when you're scouting Teleports.[/quote]

This is a much better explanation than mine. Thank you lol

If I have offline casuals today I will try to get the JC matchup done tonight. I am sure there will be discussion on that one.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
I still don't understand how they can think it's 3-7. Cage can't mindlessly spam F+3 because of Spin, armor, and D+3. Blade Charge is more useful than Shadow Kick, and can easily punish whiffed F+3s or D+4s. It's definitely not 5-5, but he doesn't have a major advantage.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Zoidberg747

I still don't understand how they can think it's 3-7. Cage can't mindlessly spam F+3 because of Spin, armor, and D+3. Blade Charge is more useful than Shadow Kick, and can easily punish whiffed F+3s or D+4s. It's definitely not 5-5, but he doesn't have a major advantage.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Because they dont know anything about Baraka?

Zoidberg747

Just letting you guys know I am going to start doing this again sometime this week. If anyone has any recommendations on who they need help on, just post here and let me know and I will do them first(unless I dont feel confident enough in that matchup, which is possible). Otherwise I will just do whoever I think of at the time.

1man3letters

Just letting you guys know I am going to start doing this again sometime this week. If anyone has any recommendations on who they need help on, just post here and let me know and I will do them first(unless I dont feel confident enough in that matchup, which is possible). Otherwise I will just do whoever I think of at the time.
i said id write a right up one or two char MU breakdowns for this thread but then didnt because off a varied number of reasons i wont get into now.ill do up ones for cage and kang,ive alot exp with those so ill start there...

Zoidberg747

i said id write a right up one or two char MU breakdowns for this thread but then didnt because off a varied number of reasons i wont get into now.ill do up ones for cage and kang,ive alot exp with those so ill start there...
Oh yeah my Cage guide got erased in the crash, didnt it? :(

Yeah you can do both of those, I might do Cyrax or Reptile.

Zoidberg747

Vs. Cyrax:

Beginning of the match
Walk back and wait. 90% of the time they will throw out a bomb or a net to check you. If it's a bomb instant blade charge punish. If it is a net you can jump over it for a free blade charge.

Fullscreen
You need to make your way back to mid range. At fullscreen you can throw out sparks with no worry, because nets won trade at that range. It will probably do nothing but maybe chip, so no real point in being there. At fullscreen it is easy to dodge bombs and nets. If he teleports know that you can pretty much do anything while he appears, although I usually just do 4 slices to be safe. Thetetraspirit also does f44 4 charge, which is good damage.

At Midscreen
Blade charge is a very powerful tool in this matchup. If he tries to bomb you, blade charge. If he tries to net you, jump over net and blade charge. If he starts trying to get in close you can D4 and back away to maintain the spacing. I like to be midscreen as much as possible with cyrax. The only risk you take is making one mistake and losing like all of your health. But aggressive never works against cyrax anyway. The key to this matchup is keeping him here and making him make mistakes. However, you MUST be on point with your spacing. If you blade charge and whiff, you will be full combo punished(aka killed). This is why jumping over nets and blade charging can sometimes be risky, because if you do it too far you might whiff.

String Breakdown
Although you don't want Cyrax to be up close to you, if he is here is a breakdown of his strings and what to do if you block them.

1/1,1- Both neutral on block, you could go for a poke or blade spin but his poke could beat yours
1,1,1- -8 on block, punish with 4 slices for pressure, or if you are a robot, the string does have a 6 frame gap that you could try and spin them out of it. But that probably wont work so just block it and do 4 slices
1,2- Neutral on block, if you poke you risk the danger of them doing 1,2,1
1,2,1- If blocked is -10, punish with 4 slices for pressure
1,2,3- Never seen it used but it is neutral
2/2,1/2,2- These strings are very good. All our neutral on block and some have good pushback. You can poke but again it comes with a risk.
2,1,2- This string is interesting. On block it is actually neutral, however it has an 8 frame gap between the last two hits. So if you block the first 2 hits you might as well spin because unless he pokes you will spin him out of pressure or the last hit. Be careful becaus eif they get wise and know Baraka they will just duck and full combo punish.
3/3,3- Both give you a guaranteed d3 but he could block and counterpoke. He is at -6 and -4, so don't let him bully you with these strings.
3,3,4- He is at +5. Take whatever he throws at you after. Might want to duck to block a poke. Really good string.
4- He is at -3 so poke.
Pokes- If he pokes you with anything but d4 and you block it, counterpoke.
B2- He is +2. You can poke if you think he will do anything but poke, but that is risky.
B3- Never used but if he does it 4 slices for pressure
B4- He is -7 after his sweep. Since you are already ducking when you block it a poke is your best option
F2- Bad startup so you should be able to spin it on reaction. But if it hits he is at +11 so you are at his mercy.
U4- He is -5, poke or use a fast attack.

Command Grab Shenanigans
Someone may have to correct me on this. First off if he grabs you once and does nothing, he is neutral. However no one will ever do that, they will do b1,2,1,2. Now after this he is at +34, so he may do a variety of things:
  • Jump in- According to Somberness the forward jump animation has a 40 frame duration, so if you input the spin as soon as you are thrown you can spin him out of the air. I THINK you could do it if you waited until he jumped, but I am not 100%. Obviously the risk of doing it when you are thrown is he could not jump and then he gets a full combo on you(@1man3letters, TheTetraSpirit if there is any way you guys could test if you can spin as soon as you see cyrax jump after b1 2,1,2 that would be helpful).
  • Dash for more pressure- Since a forward dash is 23 frames for cyrax that means he is still +11 up close, so you just kind of are at his mercy here.
  • Throw out a bomb or net- Only if he wants to space you out or something. Neither guarantees anything and are easy to block/avoid
That is mostly it. If he times it right he can dash forward and command grab you again, but that isnt guaranteed and you can spin that.
Oki
Cyrax has very limited wakeup options:
Teleport: Can full combo punish
Bomb: Can blade charge if in range
Net: Can either block if up close and punish or jump over and blade charge
Ragdoll kick: Safe but also very little damage.
Buzzsaw: Is -10 so block it and you have free pressure.
Anti Air jump- Can Spin it on reaction, just make sure to input spin the direction you are facing(i.e df3 instead of db3) and it will autocorrect to spin the anti air everytime.

Wakeup game
It really depends on what the Cyrax player does. If he tries to net or bomb, blade charge will blow through it. Other than that you can roll back to get in midscreen range. If you get knocked down in the corner and they try the bomb trap, the spin will knock him away and you wont get hit by the bomb. More on that in corner section
In the corner
Cyrax really doesnt have options. He can't teleport out, he cant anti air out(see oki). His only option is his EX Ragdoll which will switch the position. However since it is not armored, as long as you dont leave holes in your corner game he can only hope to counterpoke. All strings work on hiws hitbox so you can bully him. The key here is to reset him every time. You do not want him to switch the position or possibly get out. Plus you need the damage when you can get it. Also, dont use meter in your corner game like EX slices. More on that later. Pretty much you just have to watch out for EX Ragdoll, or anti-air jump. Other than that you can pretty much do whatever you want.
When cornered
Cyrax has some dirty little tricks in the corner that you should be aware of. The first is his bomb trap. After a combo if he ends it in u4 and does a close bomb, you are forced to wakeup or get launched. However with Baraka you can just wakeup spin and you will avoid the bomb and get out of the trap. This "splat can also be achieved with the last hit of 2,1,2, Buzzsaw, njp and b2. B2 is the only one that with the bomb leaves him at +19, so at that point you want to spin and hope he blocks it to stay at neutral. Keep in mind that he does not have to bomb and could be at at least +28(a lot more for everything other than buzzsaw).
The best way to get out of the corner is to spin when he tries to do the bomb trap. You can go for a throw to switch up the position, but if you whiff you get 80% comboed.

Meter Usage
I am going to lay out one simple rule. DO NOT USE METER FOR ANYTHING BUT BREAKER. I break this rule all the time but really you shouldnt use meter for anything else. Unless an EX blade charge will win you the round/game after he throws a projectile. It is also good to study up his combos to know his unbreakerable ones and if it is worth it to break at certain times.

Meter Building
A max ranged blade charge cannot be punished by Cyrax. Just make sure not to whiff. If at fullscreen you can throw out sparks with no threat, until he gets smart and dashes under them. Of course slices pressure and resets when you can get them help too.

Anti Airing
Blade spin imo. Even if he does his anti-air jump, you can still spin it on reaction..

Keys to the matchup

• Save meter for breaker
  • Keep him in blade charge range
  • Be very careful
  • Abuse his lack of wakeup options
  • Corner him
  • Do not get hit by nets
  • Do not whiff anything

Looks pretty good. One little thing is, I like to punish teleport with F44, 4xxCharge. Safe, easy, decent damage.
And I like that bit about spinning for an AA after a grab. Unfortunately, can't really try to test that myself since the Cyrax's I'm relegated to fighting can't do much more than fish for nets and resets, but I'd be very excited to hear if this is possible or not.

Zoidberg747

Looks pretty good. One little thing is, I like to punish teleport with F44, 4xxCharge. Safe, easy, decent damage.
And I like that bit about spinning for an AA after a grab. Unfortunately, can't really try to test that myself since the Cyrax's I'm relegated to fighting can't do much more than fish for nets and resets, but I'd be very excited to hear if this is possible or not.
Yeah I know you can do it if you spin as soon as he grabs you, but that is hella risky. I did it against my brother once but Im not sure he input the jip fast enough.

The best way to deal with bad matchups in this game is to just go Kabal so you don't have any.

Then when you lose matches as Kabal you can know it's because you got out-played in some capacity and work on it from there.