What's new

Strategy - Sorcerer Back 3,2,4 is a problem.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
yeah another reason i suppose sorcerer and warlock struggle :(
Actually I wouldn´t go that far. The point wasn´t to say that this makes him struggle. It´s more to show that his 50/50 isn´t as much of a focus in sorcerer as it is in summoner. And that constantly using the low is gonna get you killed, and there are other great options to be using to compensate.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Thanks. Yeah this was listed at the top. "- B32 is armorable at certain collision points due to it's funky hitbox causing holes."
Sorry I just meant it's funky per se, it's strange that it happens but consistent in happening. Tanya has a string like it too, can't remember which it is off the top of my head though.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@Under_The_Mayo thanks for the explanation. Makes a lot more sense now. So to stay safer can you just do B3~EX Rune when in 50/50 situations or is that leaving too much damage on the table?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
@Under_The_Mayo thanks for the explanation. Makes a lot more sense now. So to stay safer can you just do B3~EX Rune when in 50/50 situations or is that leaving too much damage on the table?
That's still interruptable, but that option will be less expected and harder to react to. You are losing some damage but at least you'll be keeping yourself safe. The issue is that once you're at that point where you HAVE to do B3 Rune any time you go low, you're increasing the meter you're using in general, while building less, and taking less damage. Which consequently makes his other attack methods rise in importance, hence this thread.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
That option will be less expected and harder to react to, but you are losing some damage. But at least you'll be keeping yourself safe. The issue is that once you're at that point where you HAVE to do B3 Rune any time you go low, you're increasing the meter you're using in general, while building less, and taking less damage. Which consequently makes his other attack methods rise in importance, hence this thread.
Ah I see. Quan peaks my interest but I can't get around to him for some reason. Thanks for the explanation, I understand much better now.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Can't they just have a bat out and do the string and release bat whenever they think the opponent is gonna do something?

I'm gonna talk about why I think Quan Chi's low string is going to be used far less, and why consequently F212 will be used more. I'm not saying B324 should be changed, I'm not complaining about it. Just laying out the flaws and how to play around them.

Starting with the good about our low string B324:
- 9 frames....
Don't want to be that guy but b3 is actually 10 frames)

jokey77

Character Loyalist
actually you can mix b3~rune and b32~rune up, can't you? gaps are an issue, but i am not too concerned about this one.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
actually you can mix b3~rune and b32~rune up, can't you? gaps are an issue, but i am not too concerned about this one.
Yes, this was discussed in the original post. The problem with that is that now you´ve completely taken away your possibility of using B3 into a hit confirmable meterless combo. And while b3 Rune will be fine, now you´re burning your meter faster, building less of it, and sorcerer builds less meter than summoner unless you have an armor spell down.

This isn´t just about the fact that you CAN be armor interrupted. It´s about what that means in the big picture of meter management and overall gameplay approach.