What's new

Video/Tutorial BABALITY: A Mortal Kombat Documentary surrounding the VSM vs Midwest Rivalry 5v5

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
This was fucking godlike!!! I've never seen this before and even tho it happened years ago i was praying for Detroitballin to not lose lol to Senior.

I do miss watching competitive MK9, i started watching it near the beginning of 2013. Even tho watching Cyrax and Kabal was cancer the rest of the cast was so fun to watch.

Whatever happened to CD Senior? I know of his little bro but not him.
He's a family man now.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
MK9 was without a doubt the "Attitude Era" of the NRS community. As much as I hope I'm wrong, I don't see another NRS game coming close to recreating the 'magic' of that time. Makes me sad.
I honestly don't, either...but I will be happy to be proven wrong.

piemaster

mortal hater
Fantastic job @piemaster! I remember this well, along with the Brady/DJT mirror, other regional matches, KTP, and the PL story line. It was a hype time that seems to be missing nowadays. Injustice 1 had similar hype, but it kind of died off during MKX. Taking a look at these boards and how less active they are compared to 4-6 years ago is telling. Hoping there is a massive bounce back with MK11.
Thanks man!!!

piemaster

mortal hater
@piemaster what made you decide to make this documentary?
So right now im in film school and we are encouraged to go out and shoot things that they can critique or that we can use on a reel. So ive shot a few interviews as an exorcise but nothing interesting.

I also hope to be a documentary film maker some day and everything ive ever learned about making documentaries is basically knowing your source material. So this was sort of an exorcise in that to see if i could tell a story using just an interview and b roll footage i could find. like not using narration or titles to give information to the audience. Like in a sense visual story telling (with the aid of slips obviously).

So for those reasons plus im the only one in the school currently who has made a full project just on their own so im curious to see what comes of that. also i just sorta love Mk9 and the story of the 5v5 cuz i watched it live and never forgot it lol

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
So right now im in film school and we are encouraged to go out and shoot things that they can critique or that we can use on a reel. So ive shot a few interviews as an exorcise but nothing interesting.

I also hope to be a documentary film maker some day and everything ive ever learned about making documentaries is basically knowing your source material. So this was sort of an exorcise in that to see if i could tell a story using just an interview and b roll footage i could find. like not using narration or titles to give information to the audience. Like in a sense visual story telling (with the aid of slips obviously).

So for those reasons plus im the only one in the school currently who has made a full project just on their own so im curious to see what comes of that. also i just sorta love Mk9 and the story of the 5v5 cuz i watched it live and never forgot it lol
That's pretty awesome. Good luck in school.

Linkuei82

Looking back at that seems like a totally different time and era for the scene that I don't think we will ever get back.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I think the region rivalries and representation was the best: you had
Vsm
Midwest
SoCal
Canada
Europe
Texas
Florida
NorCal
Arizona
Vegas

All repin their scenes hard

Linkuei82

Dink vs Jr rivalry was pretty big too. I think the PL and Reo story was probably the biggest next to PL vs New York.

Goldy beating Wong was hype.

Tom Brady vs the Subzero mains. If you guys want to go back and see all the was going on pretty much KPT podcast will take you down the memory lane lol.

mk9 remaster for ps4 pls!!!

MK9 WILL NEVER DIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

piemaster

mortal hater
It has been recently. @piemaster I read your post about school and as an viewer, this was awesome and you're on the right track. Good luck with school.
Thats so nice of you to say! As far as trying to tell a story through video this is my first project. Its amazing to hear that this is going over as well as it is. its very very heart warming <3333

Parasurama

Dragon

This was good man. I did not know the competetive scene during MK9, so it was good to watch.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
See me in the top right of the FFXV 5v5 room? <3

I talked a LOT of shit about the Noob vs Kitana matchup and was ready to money match everyone in it. After pools I actually went to Maxter's room to MM him and it turned out that Pools 3 and 4 were starting so we didn't play.

Final Round XV was soooooooo gdlk and a real eye opener about my lack of matchup experience outside of Kung Lao, Kano, and Noob.

<3 Great video.

MK9 is the BEST.

Fantastic video! Always good to hear from you Slips, especially when it's concerning MK9. I remember watching this live and it being hype as fuck but I was also stunned, the following KTP with IKizzle was the best shit ever.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
That's awesome, there's just something special about MK 9 that grabbed people all kinds of gamers that MK X didn't do.

Slip's seems like a cool guy, and Steve is totally someone I'd get along with with geeking out on MK lore.