What's new

Strategy B2 Corner Reset

Thead

Noob
Fiddling about in the lab, I found a new way to incorporate Jades B2 reset in the corner. For those who don't know, after B2 sucessfully hits, Jade can force the opponent into a standing position by following up with any hit that will connect with the opponent as they touch the ground, negating wakeup attacks.

Corner Reset
B32~Shadow Kick, 12, B2, D1~Shadow Kick. - 21% + reset.

The D1 causes the reset, and has slightly different properties when used like this: D1~Shadow Kick WILL connect on a neutral crouch from this setup, usually the Shadow Kick whiffs.
EDIT D1 ~ Shadow Kick will NOT connect on neutral crouch, ignore above paragraph

This Shadow Kick can immediately be followed up on hit by four repetitions of 12 to boot!

(Ending in Shadow Kick is not most damaging nor best setup)

The reset will work with other starters in the corner, such as 341, 12, B2, D1~Special. However B32 is by far much more practical, as it has a lot of corner carry and therefor can be started further from the corner.

If they respect that they lose Wakeup options and must block D1, you can follow the B2 with Staff Overhead to be sneaky.

Play around with it and tell me what you find.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I like them both.

34 is -3 on block, while shadow kick is 0. Hard to choose.

You could always hit confirm a blocked 34 into :ex overhead much better, can't really hit confirm from d1.

But Shadow like will allow another corner combo on hit.

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Wait, you mean if you do that and the guy doesn't block low, he's fucked? In which case he blocks low and you overhead and he's fucked again? Jade just went up a tier I think...

Thead

Noob
Yeah that looks sweet. He's got the timing on the 3 reset down. I haven't :( For me I get the chance to B32 into the corner a whole lot more than I do with standing 3.

Jaded the D1 can be blocked high. But you've given me the idea to try D1~Throw.

I'll put out a video when I'm back from work.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Yeah that looks sweet. He's got the timing on the 3 reset down. I haven't :( For me I get the chance to B32 into the corner a whole lot more than I do with standing 3.

Jaded the D1 can be blocked high. But you've given me the idea to try D1~Throw.

I'll put out a video when I'm back from work.
Actually, it depends on the timing of b2. If b2 is landed right, the second 34 is easy to follow. I only managed 3 times in a row, but, man, is it hard.

Wait, you mean if you do that and the guy doesn't block low, he's fucked? In which case he blocks low and you overhead and he's fucked again? Jade just went up a tier I think...
i thought you knew about the b2 reset.

i got the 3 reset maybe 5/300 times, midscreen anyway. the timing is ridiculous for it, idk about the corner though

i wish ex rangs were fast enough to lock someone down lol, that would be fun to burn bars on.

Jades ex overhead is 32 frames... scorpions b2 is 18 frames... see the difference? I think even helen keller could react to that.
Jade's overhead has more range than scorpions and is neutral on block. It's not meant to be used as a rushdown/mixup tool.

It's way more comparable to the Raiden and JC F4 overhead than scorpions. I don't think how many frames her overhead is, is an issue.. it's more like, how many frames her only viable midscreen launcher is. Raiden and cage share the slow/safe overhead, still with less range than jade, but at least they have some actual launching strings.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Another good way to use the reset in the corner is after a shadow kick juggle: SK, 12, b2, d1/d3. Unfortunately the SK should be connected from distance to pass into the reset, but from close 4,SK does work, so after a distanced SK, 12, b2, d1/d3 (reset) into 4, SK, 12, b2, d1/d3 works. This loop [4, SK, 12, b2, d1/d3] can be done infinitely in the corner if they don't block. Of course damage is sacrificed 26 (from 4,SK) against 20 (reset), but it's good to use once in a while.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Of course they do, but you can always go for a throw/cancel d1/d3 into df2/db2/df4 after the reset. 12 becomes 6 frames if d3 hits, 4 becomes 9 etc.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I believe every character has this kind of resets, not sure if they're guaranteed ones. (have not seen enough testing on wether the opponent can WKA or roll)
For example, deep jump kicks after the opponent airborne and about to touch the ground, it causes the damage scaling to reset. (not sure on gravity and amount of movements left to use, though*)
STORMS made a thread about this on the kabal forums (asking particularly REO if it was a true reset or not, he said yes but that there are better ones).

This is probably the same concept under which the Smoke's ex smoke ball reset works. (hits an opponent that's not really airborne or grounded, easier on the corner a lot of times)