What's new

B2 B1 combo ender

zaf

professor
Actually i think the there is an even safer option then this one Qjonpl.

If you end a combo in 22tkp and whiff a teleport, you land behind them. From here all wake ups are not invincible.
This was explained by tom brady. Wake ups in front of people and from behind them.

With the whiff teleport, you should be more safe. This isn't something new, its really old but still underused.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Actually i think the there is an even safer option then this one Qjonpl.

If you end a combo in 22tkp and whiff a teleport, you land behind them. From here all wake ups are not invincible.
This was explained by tom brady. Wake ups in front of people and from behind them.

With the whiff teleport, you should be more safe. This isn't something new, its really old but still underused.
Is this truly an option? I was testing it out this morning in practice mode. I set the computer to ROLL and AUTO BLOCK. I'd do a combo and end in TKP, then teleport as fast as I could. You can roll after a TKP, and the computer would block my teleport every time. I couldn't get it fast enough to land and get in... I can only seem to do that if they stay laying down and dont roll out.

I also did a bunch of testing with using B+2,B+1 as the combo ender - it does have one use where it beats out the F+4 reset, and thats in a corner. Even when the opponent techrolls, you are at a huge advantage and have enough time to start up a string, begin a B+2 mindgame, or land a crossup JIP. I think that in the corner it could be better than a F+4 reset, since it gives you a knockdown instead of just frame advantage.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
The purpose of teleporting after 22~TKP os not hitting an enemy, but switching sides and wake up pressure (same like Smoke's).
Even when the opponent techrolls, you are at a huge advantage and have enough time to start up a string, begin a B+2 mindgame, or land a crossup JIP
...or eat wake up attack. On the wall f+4 is also much better option because it gives +13 with no pushback, so we get uninterruptable string of choice (except b114, which is 21f, but not everyone has to know this :D ), throw etc.

zaf

professor
In the corner id still go with the f4 as you have more advantage then you would have with b2b1

Opponent should not be able to tech out and block in time for the whiff teleport. You should be able to do this fast enough to not have it blocked.

Like qjon mentions:

The purpose of teleporting after 22~TKP os not hitting an enemy, but switching sides and wake up pressure (same like Smoke's)

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
Is this truly an option? I was testing it out this morning in practice mode. I set the computer to ROLL and AUTO BLOCK. I'd do a combo and end in TKP, then teleport as fast as I could. You can roll after a TKP, and the computer would block my teleport every time. I couldn't get it fast enough to land and get in... I can only seem to do that if they stay laying down and dont roll out.

I also did a bunch of testing with using B+2,B+1 as the combo ender - it does have one use where it beats out the F+4 reset, and thats in a corner. Even when the opponent techrolls, you are at a huge advantage and have enough time to start up a string, begin a B+2 mindgame, or land a crossup JIP. I think that in the corner it could be better than a F+4 reset, since it gives you a knockdown instead of just frame advantage.
ex telepush is untechable btw

Skkra

Opponent should not be able to tech out and block in time for the whiff teleport. You should be able to do this fast enough to not have it blocked.

Like qjon mentions:

The purpose of teleporting after 22~TKP os not hitting an enemy, but switching sides and wake up pressure (same like Smoke's)
I knew that part. I was just having trouble teleporting fast enough after a TKP for some reason. The practice dummy always seemed to be able to roll out and block before I could position myself for more pressure. I'll mess around more in practice mode today. Does it have to be an instant air one, or can you just time it from the ground after a TKP completes?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
This isn't meant to slam your suggestion in any way, of course. It is good for discussions like these to happen, or the possibilities wouldn't be extended otherwise.

Ofc. That was the point of this thread :). To talk about alternative options of pressure except F4 ender. But i still think there is more that meets the eye with B2 B1 ender. I guess i ll just have to search it more thoroughly.

zaf

professor
In the corner it would work metzos, if they tech their not going anywhere

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

Skkra

I continue to have trouble teleporting to continue pressure after a TKP. After an EX TKP its no problem, but otherwise, I can't nail it.

Against a human opponent who doesn't react instantly (or isn't trained to react a certain way) its no problem. But setting the computer dummy to tech roll and block has made it so I can never land to continue pressure. Is someone able to definitively show me a video of this done in practice mode with the dummy settings like I mentioned? I dont care if its a crappy vid of you recording your TV itself, I just want to see it.

The frame data says the Force Push is +34 on hit, and that iaTeleport is 26 minimum. That gives you an 8 frame window to perfectly execute this. Grounded teleport is 33 frames, which means you have 1 frame to execute it, making it a just-frame for it not to be blocked.

Does that +34 on hit take into account the fact that they can tech it, and that during that tech roll they can't be hurt, and can block? Again, I have no problem using this technique against humans, since often they're trained to stay down and delay their wakeup so they don't eat a fireball on block. Against the dummy with certain settings though, I cannot pull it off.

zaf

professor
About tele whiff after tkp ender combo.
I can set the dummy to tech and block and be safe. Tele goes over the tech roll so it wont stand up the opponent by the time you land they can block. So you wont hit them and go into the air roll animation and get punished. Against players I also never have a problem. Just get the timing down. Have nothing to film but can try

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
About tele whiff after tkp ender combo.
I can set the dummy to tech and block and be safe. Tele goes over the tech roll so it wont stand up the opponent by the time you land they can block. So you wont hit them and go into the air roll animation and get punished. Against players I also never have a problem. Just get the timing down. Have nothing to film but can try

Are you sure they cant punish it with with a WU attack ?

Skkra

I have a camera, I can just tape my TV. I'll try this: TKP ender with dummy set to roll, wakeup, autoblock. I'll try a few different variants and see what I can show.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I have a camera, I can just tape my TV. I'll try this: TKP ender with dummy set to roll, wakeup, autoblock. I'll try a few different variants and see what I can show.
Try if the opponent can also punish the whiffed teleport with a WU attack too. Cause i have a feeling he can. Not 100% sure though.

zaf

professor
If the opponent just does the wake up attack with no roll you are safe and can block because it takes longer for it to come out this way. Its the same reason smoke can do it. Except we know hes safe since his whiff tele is so fast.The thing is you are behind them and they lose invincibility frames so you can usually just poke at them. But I would need to test reptile. It might be character specific. He might sti be able to get dash out.

If they tech roll and do a wu attack during the roll, im not sure about I would need to test. Full tech roll you can be safr and block. You do ideally lose the pressure if they roll away but if they act after the roll you can tkp pressure

zaf

professor
i have tech for the b2b1 combo ender in the corner. ill make a vid tonight with my phone and post it

zaf

professor
This Game is fucking retarded when it comes to training.
I "record" some things, and when i went back yesterday, ermac was doing random shit and it was nothing like what I was recorded. I do not know why the game does this. It makes no sense. I have found ways to replicate the stupidity of the training mode recording, which in it self deserves a video.

But for the new "tech". My phone is being dumb and wont let me upload. Ill still try another camera to get the vid up today or tomorrow, but ill release the info.

basically, like I was telling metzos, this b2b1 combo ender would work great in the corner.
however I found a way to make it even better.

After you do this combo ender to someone in the corner, time a d3.
This will keep them from dropping to the ground. It keeps them standing, its basically a reset.
If you time it to early, you knock them to the ground.
If you time this to late, you whiff and they go to the ground.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
It's just added flash really. Best use is in a jump-in punch cancelled into Force Lift, that's what i like anyway.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
Excellent finding zaf, but after which juggle you'd want to finish with b2b1? I tried it with b114_b[2]b1, TKS b12f1 b12f1 and my conclusions are, that instead of doing b2b1, d3 you can finish with f+2, f+4 for more damage and frame advantage (+13 instead of -2, d3 is minus on hit). I tried it with 3x b12f1 and I couldn't connect d3 at all; again f+2 f+4 (hard, strict timing and opp height) or only f+4 does the job better IMO.

zaf

professor
Well, this is in no way meant to be the NEW only use this reset.
Just another option to do in the corner.

Just end the combo in the corner, (no mater which combo), with b2b1 and hit them with d3 as they touch the ground.
I haven't compared this damage to other combos. Nothing wrong with being -2 after this. Doesn't mean they can punish you. You still have options. People still poke with ermacs d3 even though it is -2 on hit. That isn't stopping them or myself.

People really need to stop looking at this game on paper, and just fucking play it and test this shit out in matches.

If you compare this to f4, then yes this sucks. but stop comparing his options to each other. If you keep doing this to your self you become the same repetitive player, who only does "A", instead of "a" "b" and "c".
Your opponent might not know how to react to this, but they an react to f4. So you can use this as an alternative.

Again, i had a video, but mk recording is stupid and messed up my recording, ill gladly make a new one and try to post it up.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Here guys, here is the video I made.

This includes Storms new teleport tech, along with my new reset.

If i could i would have pressed the like button more than once. Great find zaf. Have you tried it midscreen to see if you cut off their WU options too ? Or is it too far away ?

zaf

professor
This does not work mid screen. The corner is what allows for this to work.
If you do it mid screen they are too far away to hit with d3