What's new

B2 B1 combo ender

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Wanna apply pressure and bait wake up attacks ? Use this. After you ve done a combo finish it with B2 B1 instead of 22 TKP or F4. Let me hear your thoughts about this one :).

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
So you basically mix up b2 charge right next to the guy with b2 full charge, b2 cancel, b2 b114, b2 cancel block and stuff?

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
No, b2,b1 is supposed to be a part of the combo and in the end it leaves the opponent right under Ermac's feet with him having the advantage (I'm not sure if it is also untechable knd). I've noticed metzos using this in his last torunament (video on front page) and following up with u+4, which was nice, because the overhead hits if the opp decides to lay on the ground.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Why would you want to do b2 b1 as a combo ender when f4 keeps the opponent from doing a Wake-Up altogether? f4 seems a much better option, in my opinion.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
GamerBlake has a point. F4 mixup or F4 grab does more damage and puts the opponent at fullscreen. What advantage do you gain off of B2B1? The only thing i have noticed is that you are given more time before the opponent can stand up again.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
The answer is simple. You can bait wake up attack and punish them accordingly. The purpose of this thread was that Ermac has another way of pressuring his opponent except the F4 combo reset.

zaf

professor
This is nice. Been testing it since I seen it.
I did see you do that metzos.
this is pretty sick actually. I like it a lot lol. Should make a vid for this or get storms to do it

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

charlieonline

No, b2,b1 is supposed to be a part of the combo and in the end it leaves the opponent right under Ermac's feet with him having the advantage (I'm not sure if it is also untechable knd). I've noticed metzos using this in his last torunament (video on front page) and following up with u+4, which was nice, because the overhead hits if the opp decides to lay on the ground.
What is u4 on block? Frame data says +4 but I tested in lab and your opponent can jump before you.

zaf

professor
As an example:

31~TKS JK~Teleport Dash B2B1 = 26%
31~TKS JK~Teleport Dash 22 tkp = 33%

Boxy, linking a tkp off the b2b1 is not the point of using it.

The point of using this, is that the opponent lands weirdly, giving you time (actually giving you advantage) to dash in before they are able to do a wake up attack/respond to this. So you can bait wake up attacks or have fun with the opponent.

charlieonline

After b2 b1 the guy lands at a distance where you can dash throw, jip, bait waeke up and punish or whatever. It's pretty neat.

Edit: Didn't check about the adv part.. pretty cool that you are ad advantage. This setup loos real good man, nice alternative for f4 reset.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
After b2 b1 the guy lands at a distance where you can dash throw, jip, bait waeke up and punish or whatever. It's pretty neat.
But if he techrolls, sadly you are not gaining anything more than from average juggle ender (b2b1 knd is techable)

zaf

professor
So I tested and you can tech after being hit by this.

If this is the case I dont see it as being as effect as it is believed to be. Ill continue to use f4 then.

With this being said, can anyone see a reason to use b2b1 over f4?

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Maaaaaybe in the corner? Does the time it takes to techroll give you enough time for a JIP? If so, then I can see this as a use. It's funny, I tested this as well and realized it could be teched (computer will do it in practice mode) but you guys beat me to posting.

How do roll techs work in this game? Are you invulnerable during it, or are there actually tech traps where you can hit someone and punish them for rolling?

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
How do roll techs work in this game? Are you invulnerable during it, or are there actually tech traps where you can hit someone and punish them for rolling?
You're invincible as long as you're teching and holding block (if the opp tries to projectile you, you'll immiediately stand up blocking). Other moves seem to simply whiff/go through you.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Look, all in all, the b2 b1 ender just doesn't seem viable.

If it came down to a choice between using f4 to prevent Wake-Ups for good or using b2 b1 for a knockdown to gain "advantage" but risking a Wake-Up, which option would you go with? There's enough risk permeating this game as it is. If there are any options I can take to reduce the risk, then sure as Hell I'd take it.

You'd be denying yourself the advantage you're looking for by trying to find a replacement for f4. Having played Ermac a good amount of times myself, I speak from experience.

This isn't meant to slam your suggestion in any way, of course. It is good for discussions like these to happen, or the possibilities wouldn't be extended otherwise.

charlieonline

Wow so if you tech roll without blocking you could get hit by the same projectile? but if you are pressing block as you tech roll it would not hit you?

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
Yes, I can't tell if it's a vulnerability from the first frame (and I'm sure it isn't) but having a Cyrax player as a sparing partner I was caught off guard a few times into a net during techroll without holding block :)

zaf

professor
I agree with everything said by blake. Especially about discussion. Just because b2b1 isnt really a viable option doesnt make finding this or discussing this fruitless.

I would of mixed up with b2b1 and f4 if b2b1 did have an untechable knockdown. just because it is a different scenario. surely f4 doesnt make you deal with a wake up game and u get adv, but that doesnt mean you cant out think your opponent on their wake up.

But now that I tested it, I dont see a reason as you can tech away and be safe. Sure this too in itself is another scenario, but one that IMO has no true reward. They are too far to jump in on. If you want them far from you just 22tkp. depending on the mu, you either f4 them to keep them close or 22tkp to zone. This places them away from you with less damage

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
If Ermac wants to bait wakeup attacks he can use this: combo starter, TKS j.K~TP, j.K~TP and here's where fun begins, because the opp is closer than after b2b1 ender, plus double j.K~TP does more damage, so we're not sacrificing anything. From here you can wait for Wakeup, throw them if they just stand up immediately, u4 if they decide to lay down (or d3 to force them to crouch block from lying down); if they try to tech roll, j.P will perfectly stuff them, and it will jump over some WA (of course not KL's spin etc). It is a little forgotten, much better option than b2b1.