What's new

Guide Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos -- Raven General Discussion Thread

Other than MUs, I feel like I don't know how to take control if I'm being zoned from full screen. Supes, Martian, and DS all give me problems with zoning (Supes the least, I'm probably just bad with my timing), but how can I take control of zoners from full screen?

Also, what the fuck do I do against Batman's jump arc? I can read that shit all day and I fail to punish correctly. What are the best options for punishing characters with good jumps?
Superman - db3 can be absorbed on reaction; it just takes a little practice. Don't try to absorb db1 though - if they MB it the second part will still hit you! Instead, jump over it - I like to use the opportunity to activate Demon Stance. :D

MMH - don't really know lol. I've scarcely touched this MU.

DS - Get inside Soul Crush range. If you're at fullscreen and can't quite reach, a blocked/whiffed gunshot grants you one free dash forwards. As soon as you're within range, any gunshot can easily be punished by Soul Crush. If you're in Demon Stance, life gets easier, because low gunshots can be punished by Event Horizon on block! :D

As for Batman's jump... it's basically a guessing game. Singularity, d2 or j2 all work well, but only if they can't predict your response.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Other than MUs, I feel like I don't know how to take control if I'm being zoned from full screen. Supes, Martian, and DS all give me problems with zoning (Supes the least, I'm probably just bad with my timing), but how can I take control of zoners from full screen?

Also, what the fuck do I do against Batman's jump arc? I can read that shit all day and I fail to punish correctly. What are the best options for punishing characters with good jumps?
Supermans zoning shouldn't be an issue because of reflect and Raven zones him out badly. I'm still figuring Martian out. For DS, just play footsies, that's basically what the match up is. If you think batman will jump, then do fwd jump 2.

Blind_Ducky

Superman - db3 can be absorbed on reaction; it just takes a little practice. Don't try to absorb db1 though - if they MB it the second part will still hit you! Instead, jump over it - I like to use the opportunity to activate Demon Stance. :D

MMH - don't really know lol. I've scarcely touched this MU.

DS - Get inside Soul Crush range. If you're at fullscreen and can't quite reach, a blocked/whiffed gunshot grants you one free dash forwards. As soon as you're within range, any gunshot can easily be punished by Soul Crush. If you're in Demon Stance, life gets easier, because low gunshots can be punished by Event Horizon on block! :D

As for Batman's jump... it's basically a guessing game. Singularity, d2 or j2 all work well, but only if they can't predict your response.
The mb part of his laser won't hit Raven through the reflect. During it's active frames, any amount of projectiles can be absorbed.

VGMtheVagabond

Salt Mine CEO
Singularity doesn't always hit. I don't know why. When I see it miss him, I stop playing and go cry in the corner while spiders knit me a quilt and get me hot cocoa.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I would tag Ducky but I dunno how to tag people. (How do you tag people?)

In the Batgirl breakdown he gave he should how to shut down BG Cartwheel wake up with B3. I can do it 9/10 in practice mode, but in the actual match maybe 40% of the time, if that much. Is it just lack of exp doing it or is the pace of battle making this too difficult to use consistently?

Blind_Ducky

I would tag Ducky but I dunno how to tag people. (How do you tag people?)

In the Batgirl breakdown he gave he should how to shut down BG Cartwheel wake up with B3. I can do it 9/10 in practice mode, but in the actual match maybe 40% of the time, if that much. Is it just lack of exp doing it or is the pace of battle making this too difficult to use consistently?
Yeah doing shit mid match is harder than in practice mode. Just keep doing it mid match. You'll get the hang of it.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
You can do the same thing to Zods wakeup charge and push as batgirls cartwheel stuff.

The window for stuffing wakeup charge is a lot tighter than BGs cartwheel and Zods push

ending in f2 lift, then b3 I mean

Hello everyone.

I used to be a huge Raven fan (in fact I have many Titans comics from the 80's) and a few months back I got injustice and started learning her and a big issue I have is landing the b3 after MB db2 I always either hit it too early or too late. What can I do to hit it more consistently? I appreciate your help.

Hello everyone.

I used to be a huge Raven fan (in fact I have many Titans comics from the 80's) and a few months back I got injustice and started learning her and a big issue I have is landing the b3 after MB db2 I always either hit it too early or too late. What can I do to hit it more consistently? I appreciate your help.
move a tiny bit forward before the b3