What's new

Guide Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos -- Raven General Discussion Thread

Owerbart

I miss you
Disclaimer: this is not a "no don't go"/"stay"/"Y U NO PLAY?" attention seeking post.

Just letting the 5 posters in these forums know that I am dropping Injustice and probably fighting games as a whole. This was the first fighting game I've gone fully serious with but sadly the complete lack of offline in my area (for any fighting game, not just Injustice) is hindering pretty much any chance I have of a) getting better and b) getting an enjoyable game.

Online is fucking horrific, especially when I'm constantly being paired against transatlantic opponents and the couple of matches I've managed to get against someone in the same timezone were lagfests (and my connection is fine before anyone comments :p). Even if I could compensate for the lag, it doesn't change the fact that fighting online doesn't make me a better offline player, especially when it comes to reacting to the opponent's mix-ups and the like.

Practice mode and frame data can only do so much. I actually want to play other people regularly offline, train with them and level up, but that simply isn't going to happen. The few people I was playing with all dropped Injustice, and while I could get some matches with them I would be fighting people with no interest or up-to-date skill with the game.

Apologies for the rather emo post, but I'm rather emo over this :(. Good luck, thanks for all the advice, and never EVER stop downplaying!

P.S. Any PMs/posts I've made about match-ups and projects recently can and should be ignored.

Where you from dude? It sucks to hear that. Here in Argentina we are a little community as well :(

regulas

Your Emporer
Having tried to learn Raven I have to say I have so much sympathy for you guys, I've never had a more frustrating experience in my life. The tiny hitbox's on her moves, the erratic precise timings... loosing because I'm doing everything correctly but it just misses anyway...

She's like the opposite of Superman....

gdf

Noob
I don't really understand Raven's soul crush, so it is a grab from everywhere but fullscreen-5 steps from full screen?

since discussing possible raven changes or not-changes in the announced patch is not allowed in its own dedicated thread :rolleyes:, while every other character can have one, ill say it here.

Please dont touch Raven in the new patch. shes fine as she is. opinions?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
since discussing possible raven changes or not-changes in the announced patch is not allowed in its own dedicated thread :rolleyes:, while every other character can have one, ill say it here.

I want them to change something just to smite all you guys who keep begging them not to touch her.

If anything though I think she might get nerfed. I dont care either way, ill keep playing her.

Event Horizon needs a range buff.

Actually a "buff" that I would honestly like is being able to cancel d1 into Event Horizon. Not being able to do that really makes me not want to go into demon stance. MB Soul Crush is really awkward to combo off of at that range.

Ah crap - too many start-up frames on db2 (or not enough stun on d1)?

Yeah I think db2 just has a long start-up, which is understandable. I guess they couldn't change either d1 or db2's frames for balance reasons. I wish Raven at least still had Singularity (non-DS db2) in DS. :/