What's new

Awesome characters that deserve a second chance

Who do you think needs to have a second chance as a playable character?

• Ashrah

Votes: 28 19.9%
  • Blaze

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Bo Rai Cho

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Chameleon

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Daegon

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Dairou

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Darrius

• Drahmin

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Frost

Votes: 33 23.4%
  • Fujin

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • Havik

Votes: 55 39.0%
  • Hotaru

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Hsu Hao

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Jarek

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Kai

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Khameleon

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Kintaro

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • Kira

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Kobra

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Li Mei

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Mavado

• Meat

• Moloch

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Motaro

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Nitara

• Onaga

• Reiko

Votes: 41 29.1%
  • Sareena

Votes: 34 24.1%
  • Skarlet

Votes: 56 39.7%
  • Taven

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters

ErMac333

Noob
Ashrah - she's one of my favorite kharacters, and definetely has potential as far as her backstory go, easily expandable and her concept of light powers is also pretty awesome.

Bo'Rai Cho - he's a very good kharacter, a master all his own way, and also has potential, no wonder he made it to the story mode as NPC at least.

Fujin - well, pretty obvious. When you think about kharacters, many share traits, fire power, ice power, power, whatever, but he's the base wind guy.

Havik - having all that spotlight on him in the komics, this should definetely be considered, not to mention his overall design and ways of chaos is pretty unique, he's a lot lacking in moveset, but it can be fixed.

Li Mei - great kharacter, used to love her special moves, those spinning kicks and all. But they need to get rid of that dumb flying punch thingy.

Onaga - well he's the Dragon King, and a big part of Shao Kahn's story as a servant, and in his origins too, always great to have backstory crossing in the titles.

Reiko - a very solid kharacter, could be developed full of weaponry for each variation, much like a faster Ares, can easily imagine it!

Sareena - well the Brotherhood needs someone that can show their style, and Sareena has a good koncept. Her variations could even include moves from Jataaka and Kia, changing weapons.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Frost and give her the Takeda treatment. Trained by the current leader of the clan. One fighting style that emulates their master with two others that show their own indivdual styles. Show case more of the brash and arrogant cryomancer that Frost is. Hell pair her up with Takeda and have them learn from each other.

Fujin because he's the wind version of raiden. Visually that would be cool to see since I don't think we've ever had a true repsresentation of a wind fighter. I mean there's Kitana but not really. Plus I think the Elemental God could be better explored then just our Thunder God has showed.

I didn't play enough of the 3D MK games to really get attached to any other characters than these two. And most of what I know of these two is from X and me reading the wiki. The others that I liked were fleshed out.

Error

DF2+R2
1. Drahmin - I'm dumbfounded that Ed Boon hates Drahmin yet likes fucking Scorpion, probably the lamest of MK's iconic characters. Drahmin is just all around badass design, one of the only characters in MK that are actually scary, while also being extremely interesting for the era he was designed in. He embodies the spirit of MK.

2. Havik - embodiment of how it feels to chew 5 Gum™

3. Skarlet - She's like a pseudo Ares who gets more powerful with more bloodshed, Ermac also needs a waifu.

4. Meat - he was MKs first naked wrestling corpse, what else needs to be said?

5. Hotaru - I feel like he's a perfect fit as a "lawful evil" type character who wouldn't hesitate to execute you for talking too loud in the library, and he kind of needs to come with Havik.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I believe many of these characters had the curse of first appearing in the 3D era, a time when the games were not that popular and the gameplay was shit. I mean, I loved Ashrah, but her specials were ridiculously bad, same story with Drahmin. I strongly believe Kira would've been far better received had she not had a mix of Kano's and Sonya's moves, as well as I think Fujin, Tanya and Reiko greatly benefited from a good redesing in MKD/A while Jarek and Kai (and Striker) had a shitty one that hurt them even more. Chances are, if any of this characters had been born in this game they would have a much bigger following than they do, based on having a better way to show their personality, having more detailed/better costumes and, most importantly, a better gameplay. I could be wrong, but I think most characters on this list could be redeemed. Having said that, here is my list:

Sareena: having ties with Bi-Han, Kuai Liang, Quan Chi, probably Ashrah, and now the special forces, it's not hard to find her a spot in the story. Her desing is cool, and had a cool gameplay, and both of them could be greatly improved with the use of her demon form. I knew it was a far chance, but I expected her to be playable in this game. There is a little hope if they make a second DLC pack.

Havik: As others pointed out, Havik is the ultimate MK wildcard. Because of his nature he can be added to any story as a enemy or temporal ally, always as a puppet master trying to create chaos. And as well, because of his nature, his gameplay could be anything really. If there is a second combat pack, I feel he has a high chance of being in it.

Fujin: The wind god. I don't have much to say about him that other people haven't said already. I think he could be added as DLC even if there is not another Kombat Pack, just because there is a high demand for him.

Ashrah: While her gamplay should be completely reworked (horizontal spin? Really?), the idea of light powers do sound cool, and mixed with her design, her magic sword (which is actually kinda manipulating her), and the fact she is a demon hunter who used to be one of Quan Chi's assasins, well... I think all that begs for a revisit. She was one of the few cool additions of the 3D era, I strongly believe she should return.

Hotaru: I feel he's a natural ally to Kotal in MKX, and should've had a cameo or at least a mention to show that. He is that kind of villain who is not actually bad. He had the single best costume concept of the entire 3D era, his armour is a piece of art. Sadly, the gameplay was not on that level, it would need to be reworked, but he I believe he should be reintroduced.

PD: I always was curios as to why people think Hotaru and Havik belong together, as a "we can't have one without the other" kinda thing. Yes, they serve opposite realm and forces, but their stories were independent of each other, hell, Havik is being a mayor player in the comic and Hotaru is nowhere to be found. If NRS made them N1 enemies between each other as a Sonya/Kano thing it would make both of them quite dull to me. Please keep them independent of each other.

Kai: Only if they base him more in MK4 than MKA. His fireballs were amazing, his handstance was a cool concept and his design was unique. The sad part is he would be old as fuck by now, but hell, so is Kung Lao and he look better than ever, so why not give Kai a chance? I would love a proper take on that stance, maybe even give him different ones. I never understood why people disliked him so much.

Kira: She is a bad-ass, a real one. I'll repeat it, had NRS given her a unique moveset she would've been much better received. The only cool Black Dragon member besides Kano.

Blaze: Yeah, I went there, but I speak only of his small form. Even with the generic moveset he was a really interesting character back when he was that mysterious fire elemental with an unknown mission to carry. Yes, he is the less likely to return as it would also mean to revive the Armaggedon storyline in some way, but giving him a small change, making him a "strong warriors hunter" kinda thing instead of just making him monitor the realms... I think it might work.