What's new

Aw, C'mon Puddin' -- Harley Quinn General Discussion Thread

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Forgot one of the jump 2 mixups: Jump 2, Forward 2, spend 2 bars for a tricky overhead cancel... overhead overhead overhead, especially when opponents are completely expecting forward 2+ tantrum stance.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Forgot one of the jump 2 mixups: Jump 2, Forward 2, spend 2 bars for a tricky overhead cancel... overhead overhead overhead, especially when opponents are completely expecting forward 2+ tantrum stance.
All those mixups are possible because Harley's mixup isn't derived off of pure 50/50s but it involves training your opponent on defense to block a certain way & then capitalize on it.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I use Harley for 90% of my MU. But I have 0 patience so for MUs like Raven Martian and zod( even though I think its 5-5) I use Catwoman. Ugh aquaman that basically game over for me

Plop

Noob
What's my best option after ending a combo with play doctor in the corner? Is Harley at any advantage at all? Seems like everything i do gets beat out, even d1's

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
What's my best option after ending a combo with play doctor in the corner? Is Harley at any advantage at all? Seems like everything i do gets beat out, even d1's
It's a huge mix up.
After play doctor you are at neutral
You opponent can:
Grab
Jump
D1
Armor out

To counter you can
Grab: this tech throws and beats ducking
Ij2: avoids grabs beats jumps and you get a reset
D2: breaks armor beats jumps but it's unsafe and hits high
D1: safe and hits mid.
Iagunshot: beats some d1 and it's overhead

Last edited:

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
Hello! I pretty much just play Shazam. But I was messing with Harley in training mode and holy crap she is fun to use. My question is do you use guys use Play Doctor? Or whatever the command grab name is? Raw whiffs on crouching and Shazam's does that too... haha I don't know why they do that. But it seems like such a great combo ender, you completely negate wakeup moves go back to weird neutral game she has... What is the general consensus on the move? It does seems kind of slow however. Harley's jump and various normal also seem slow as well. But this is just my opinion. Either way she seems so much fun to use.

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!

It's a huge mix up.
After play doctor you are at neutral
You opponent can:
Grab
Jump
D1
Armor out

To counter you can
Grab: this tech throws and beats ducking
Ij2: avoids grabs beats jumps and you get a reset
D2: breaks armor beats jumps but it's unsafe and hits high
D1: safe and hits mid.
Iagunshot: beats some d1 and it's overhead
What about back B2? Hell, I've won a tournament match by inputting MB Play Doctor for a second time after i just finished a combo ending with Play Doctor in the corner.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
What about back B2? Hell, I've won a tournament match by inputting MB Play Doctor for a second time after i just finished a combo ending with Play Doctor in the corner.
You can do this because it can avoid d1s but since you are so close most d1 will hit. But can walk back like one step and b2

Alakai

Noob
I'm not sure if this is known (I'm new to Harely) but if you mb play doctor and the extra damage would finish off the game if the opponent clashes your next combo the damage will kill them even if they spent 4 bars for health. This is small and pretty useless but I found it funny.

Last edited:

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Do you guys think we missed out asking for buffs when we had the chance? As time goes on I feel we should've asked for more considering the buffs we got we're secret nerfs. :/

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Do you guys think we missed out asking for buffs when we had the chance? As time goes on I feel we should've asked for more considering the buffs we got we're secret nerfs. :/
I do, a mb silly slide would be nice to deal with getting in on characters like Sinestro. Also maybe make TS~1 an overhead? gives her another mix up after TS with 1 for and overhead and 2 for a low