What's new

Avoiding the puddle podcast (featuring Tom Brady, JOP, and EddyPistons)

I understand that the vast majority of this community says what they do about me which is why the public perception of me based on this community is that I am this over rated fraud of a player and why am i on anything. I was not on this as any kind of legend, just someone talking about TTT2.

anyway.. i'm not here to even have that discussion...

after watching the reo vs jop match. you can see mileena is long in the air already before jop did that superman. so if jop didnt do the ex version reo probably would have just kicked him out of the superman. I mean back when I used to play scorpion I used to standing 1 jab raiden out of his superman (not on purpose)because I did it early even though my move was 12 frames.

after watching the reo vs jop match. you can see mileena is long in the air already before jop did that superman. so if jop didnt do the ex version reo probably would have just kicked him out of the superman. I mean back when I used to play scorpion I used to standing 1 jab raiden out of his superman (not on purpose)because I did it early even though my move was 12 frames.
EX superman has super armor so you cant hit him out of it. the ex superman was done in response to the jump in and should have connected but did not because of collision issues. lots of, if not every game, has this especially tekken. REO didnt win because of it, he won because he made good reads.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
I understand that the vast majority of this community says what they do about me which is why the public perception of me based on this community is that I am this over rated fraud of a player and why am i on anything. I was not on this as any kind of legend, just someone talking about TTT2.

anyway.. i'm not here to even have that discussion...

Yo Brady, good to see you back on the boards.
Alot of people in this community[myself included] think that you are an integral part of the community. Always happy to hear your opinions and your commentary is godlike along with what you do with Sub-Zero.
So please stop letting the trolls affect you. It's below you. Your an important part of the community and when you drop out of sight and assume that most of the community thinks your a fraud, well, we all lose then.
Please stop letting the community affect you.
Start making more videos where you walk around neighborhoods speaking your mind on MK.
C'mon Brady I would never expect someone like you would be manipulated by a bunch of trolls...

B Pryme

Noob
Brady is a Mk legend; always has been, always will be! Tekken fanboys will always come onto this MK forum and bitch and complain, nothing new. Nobody signed up for MLG because that game is trash, not because some bullshit like "tekken community doesn't care about mlg" or "tekken community resides in Asia" lolololol what kind of dumb shit is that....

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Brady is a Mk legend; always has been, always will be! Tekken fanboys will always come onto this MK forum and bitch and complain, nothing new. Nobody signed up for MLG because that game is trash, not because some bullshit like "tekken community doesn't care about mlg" or "tekken community resides in Asia" lolololol what kind of dumb shit is that....
ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Jop has the right to say whatever he wants about mk9 imo the man was best raiden of all time, and probably still is. He also got top 3 at evo 2011 he is able to form an opinion on the game and have it carry some validity. Eddie pistons on the other hand dosen't I have not heard of him ever competeting in mk9 beisde evo 2012 and I dont know what he placed. Tom Brady is mk9 G.O.A.T enuff said,

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I definitely enjoyed hearing Aris say he "missed playing the game"

Seeing him at MLG would be hype but Idk how serious he is into TTT2.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The only thing I disagree with is judging Injustice prematurely. I understand the skepticism, but It's still a new game. People should withhold judgement until the game is on the shelves.
JOP will never actually like a new game until it plays a lot like the older games...in other words, actually favors playing good consistently.

Flagg

Noob
JOP will never actually like a new game until it plays a lot like the older games...in other words, actually favors playing good consistently.
I can relate to that. I mean as technically superior the games of today are, there was something about playing Tekken, MK and Street Fighter in the 90's that was a thousand times more enjoyable and fun compared to today. Fighting games now try too hard to be different and end up introducing ridiculous, broken crap and gimmicks. I love the meter management of MK 9, but I hate the armour distribution of the cast which is a huge factor in this game. Aw well.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I can relate to that. I mean as technically superior the games of today are, there was something about playing Tekken, MK and Street Fighter in the 90's that was a thousand times more enjoyable and fun compared to today. Fighting games now try too hard to be different and end up introducing ridiculous, broken crap and gimmicks. I love the meter management of MK 9, but I hate the armour distribution of the cast which is a huge factor in this game. Aw well.
It's not that they try to be different, it's that they are nowadays trying too hard to be accessible to newer players. The problem with fighting games is, for starters, it's impossible to make a fighting game so accessible that everyone and their mother will wanna learn to get good at it. Fighting games, by nature, are impossible to pick up and play with any particular sense of what to do to play well...so the accessibility thing does nothing more than cause extra issues to arise (Perfect example is some of the things present in SFIV). Secondly, the accessibility they apply is usually just things that allow lower level players to mount comebacks even against better players, which ends up making all levels of play really inconsistent (See Dieminion's blog entry about SFIV in Japan...or just watch Marvel).

MK9, ironically enough, is one of the few games made in current gen that can't be won by doing herp derp shit. Others actually include SFxT. TTT2 is possibly another one...only reason I don't list it without a doubt is because it does have a lot of screwy things that make you go wtf. However, herpy play doesn't get you very far if you don't have the skill otherwise to back it up.

Games being enjoyable back then, however, only partially had to do with that. It's also that arcades existed. Back then, arcade games were usually way better than the console versions, and the arcades usually existed everywhere. But now, because consoles are so powerful and online play is so much more viable, there's not much point to going to arcades other than the social atmosphere, which you can obviously see, people don't really think about when it comes to them. Tbh, arcades are much more dead than they are moreso because it's too expensive to keep playing at them. The way arcades were designed worked back then...it doesn't work now. And a lot of arcades don't bother to really change that format at all. GGA is one of the few arcades that actually gets it when it comes to the expenses problem.

Flagg

Noob
It's not that they try to be different, it's that they are nowadays trying too hard to be accessible to newer players. The problem with fighting games is, for starters, it's impossible to make a fighting game so accessible that everyone and their mother will wanna learn to get good at it. Fighting games, by nature, are impossible to pick up and play with any particular sense of what to do to play well...so the accessibility thing does nothing more than cause extra issues to arise (Perfect example is some of the things present in SFIV). Secondly, the accessibility they apply is usually just things that allow lower level players to mount comebacks even against better players, which ends up making all levels of play really inconsistent (See Dieminion's blog entry about SFIV in Japan...or just watch Marvel).

MK9, ironically enough, is one of the few games made in current gen that can't be won by doing herp derp shit. Others actually include SFxT. TTT2 is possibly another one...only reason I don't list it without a doubt is because it does have a lot of screwy things that make you go wtf. However, herpy play doesn't get you very far if you don't have the skill otherwise to back it up.

Games being enjoyable back then, however, only partially had to do with that. It's also that arcades existed. Back then, arcade games were usually way better than the console versions, and the arcades usually existed everywhere. But now, because consoles are so powerful and online play is so much more viable, there's not much point to going to arcades other than the social atmosphere, which you can obviously see, people don't really think about when it comes to them. Tbh, arcades are much more dead than they are moreso because it's too expensive to keep playing at them. The way arcades were designed worked back then...it doesn't work now. And a lot of arcades don't bother to really change that format at all. GGA is one of the few arcades that actually gets it when it comes to the expenses problem.
I'm starting to lose faith in TT2. Its just that I havent played a tekken game in so long, im practically a noob at it again. I mean Paul Phoenix DP does around 90% if you get hit by it twice. People say "dont get hit by it", well duh...no one wants to get by one of those things, or a Kabal nomad dash or a KL spin or Ryu's dragon punch, but it will happen, i dont get why a move like that does that much damage. Leo in Tekken is like a female version of Paul. I think because its been so long since I played Tekken, my mind just cant shake 2D fundamentals which you cant apply to Tekken, and im not sure I want to invest the time needed for Tekken as I feel a lot is required. Plus the 360 scene is sparse and the players there all seem to be major douchebags, that's one thing ive noticed, people in the MK and SF scenes are more apt to help over the Tekken scenes. And yeah, arcades back in the 90's were the "offline scene" before "online scenes" existed. There was more respect in Arcades back then. Now you just get mouthy kids saying appalling crap to you because they are separated by thousands of miles.

I also agree with the simplicity factor, which Capcom have been really guilty of. I mean, MVC3 had, 3 attack buttons? Just so they can shift more copies? RIP 6 button days...

I think the only fighting game that could get me hype right now is if Capcom announced a new Dark Stalkers game. WITH 6 button attacks!

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
Found it interesting how many time's I have heard people say the Aris hates Mk9, when I always thought he gave it more support than alot of the fanboi's. Then to hear him give his true thought's on it and the fact he actually misses playing it....

Mk9 is a great game for other reasons than being a super air tight balanced and bug free experience. I still consider it to be tournament worthy despite these problems but I can understand being a very old school tekken player myself why they were hating on it.
I would still be playing it seriously if the netcode wasn't shitty or I had an offline scene here in NZ.

I love tekken I think the fighting system is perfect but I also wish it had the coolness factor of Mk9 which it will likely never have especially now with how much of a joke they are making the storyline.

I really hope NRS sort's there shit out and the next entry in the series is more solid from a consistency perspective because let's be honest no other fighting game has quite the style and wow factor as MK.

Tang94

Confirmed Seeker
This has probably already been discussed in great detail somewhere else, but I have to ask: Why did Tom seemingly give up MK9? He's said in this thread that he won't be entering any tournaments until Injustice comes out next year and we haven't heard from him very much lately. Did I miss something? It really sucks if he's decided to leave. The guy is the reason I started playing Mortal Kombat seriously in the first place.

coolwhip

Noob
I really hope NRS sort's there shit out and the next entry in the series is more solid from a consistency perspective because let's be honest no other fighting game has quite the style and wow factor as MK.
This.

While things like input bug and player 1 advantage are inexcusable and should rightly be criticized, MK9 is still an awesome, awesome game, exactly for the thing you have mentioned above. I know some players want to act like a game being "cool" doesn't influence them, you can't possibly tell me that MK9 is not 1000 times cooler than Tekken (or any other fighting game), and that it is a huge part of its appeal. Cool characters, cool fighting animations, cool moves, cool story, etc... You can't tell me that using an ice clone as a footsie tool is not fucking badass.

Now do those factors alone make it tournament viable? No. Do they mean we should ignore its flaws? No. But it is still a tournament viable game, and the proof is the fact that it's still going strong. Despite the fact that the game can be unbalanced, I for one, love the in-depth match-up knowledge it takes to be really good at this game. It just has so many nuances. And while some will claim that this is not exclusive to Mk9, and other games have them as well, the fact that you'd mention MK9 in the same breath with those other games speaks volumes as to how good it is.

It bothers me that a year and a half into this game's life, and we still have to make arguments as to why it's good. It just fucking is.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Tom shouldn't stress it,, doesn't know how right you are,
once ya have the room arguing against you, and laughing at each others shot at it,, its best to not say nothing man, fair play for fighting back man

on a positive note ya man is funny as fuck