What's new

Auto-Building Meter - A Step Backwards?

KRYS9984

Noob
actually the first time nrs had meterburn moves was in mk vs dc and they were triggered by a button combination just like in mk11. they also required quite strict timing (there were just-frames). i always wondered why they got rid of that in mk9, even though it would have been enough to tone down the strictness. need i say though that anything with timing was impossible in mk vs dc online :D? maybe the better netcode ist the reason for the reintroduction of that input mechanic.
I never played MK vs DC but I was initially referring to the method of enhancing special attacks from Mortal Kombat 9 onward. Whether it's pressing R2 in combination with a button (like MK9), pressing R2 after a special attack is initiated (like INJ) or a combination or both (like MKX), the R2 or "block button" is typically the way to enhance your special attacks in recent games.

Personally, I prefer this method but if they choose to stick with the current build, that's fine as well. We can voice our opinions and sometimes developers will absolutely listen if it's reasonable / a general consensus, but ultimately they will create the game how they envision it and it's up to us (as the players) to learn, adapt and apply it to our game play.