What's new

Australian Only Unofficial Online Tournament

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Ok guys, this is pretty cool... seams we are getting some interest here... I am going to start listing the players. I haven't worked out times yet, though I am thinking a Saturday afternoon would most likely be the best time. Also, I have word that ps3US and ps3HK versions of the game can in fact play together. This is great news and means everything will be able to go as planned. As in I can run a SD Steam and Record HD for YouTube. I have been practicing my casting on some KoTH but I might want to get another good player on Skype to co-cast... we will look into this latter.

For you 360 players, I still need a event admin to help me out who wants to run the 360 version, as I can't. If you have a way to capture the footage, that would be perfect. If no one steps up I will have to work out something else.. most likely a "report win on forum" style event similar to gamebattles, that has no YouTube records or stream.. you just play then report your win.

For Ps3 players though, it looks more and more feasible that this will happen!

Ok lets see the Ps3 Kombatants (in no order) - 9 Total

Jynks - HK (Sydney)
Nudge - US (Sydney)
-M- - UK - (Queensland)
Gilbangz - US (Sydney)
Tomo009 - US (Undisclosed)
Beyond_Death - US - (Sydney)
PHNmnl - UK - (Sydney)
NoMad - HK - (Sydney)
Jinko - US - (Sydney)

Ok lets see the 360 Kombatants (in no order) - 8 Total

CabJoy - UK - Woolongong
Ultras - US - Brisbane
AllHail Lelouch - US - Melbourne
chrisisnice - Asian (HK?JAP?) - Melbourne
PapZY - US - Melbourne
TheOtherGuy - UK - (NSW - Can we get a city?)
Mathman - US - Sydney
OG Frost Haze - UK - Adelaide

Maybe if we all devoted 3 preset chats to the event and dump it in the Aussie channel (do not spam, but once when you come in channel and when you come out of a game) we can reach non-forum members.

Line 1 - Aussie Online Competition
Line 2 - testyourmight or trmk
Line 3 - Tournament Forum 4 info

Gilbagz

Joker here~
I already signed up on the TRMK site but here are my details anyway:

PS3
PSN: M_Kanine
Sydney
US Version

I'm from Carlingford/near Parramatta. Close enough I think :p

Though I've been having heaps of trouble getting online lately, with the please check your connection always popping up preventing me from getting in the lobby and the connecting to opponent screen seemingly going in an endless loop. Lets hope things run smoothly for me when this is on.
Yeah same, i havent been able to play for like the last 3 weeks
thats partly cu my ps3 ylod but even still
i havent been able to get online
same problem you having

anyways we need more people for casuals!
and where would we hold it? lol
there was some article on ign about some gaming place in australia
they had mortal kombat casuals there like last month apparently

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Hi, I am new here and pretty new to MK9 as I'm an Australian and was scared to import it for so long. Anyway, I only found this site recently and have been hanging on TRMK and we have been talking about trying to organize an event for Australian Online players.

The idea is that we are a smallish community of players, as we have to get around the ban here, we are split between consoles AND there are, at least on the ps3 I know little of the 360, connection issues between the US, UK and HK versions of the game, these seam to be the 3 version people tend to have.

The idea of this comp is to try and build some community with these players. Instead of sitting for hours in the Aussie chat room and playing the one guy a 1000 times, try and make new friends and see where we can go from there.

The 1st thing we need to do is try and work out what consoles people are on and what version of the game they have and work up.

Here is my original post....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

There has been some talk in the Australian Banning thread about trying to organize an online tournament for Aussie TRMK Players as a way for the small Australian community to meet up and get on each others friends lists and the like. I have some experience running online comps though GameReplays.org with rts games... so I thought I would give it a go. If we can get a decent turn out maybe we can orginse some live events, and that would be awesome.... still if we can not get people on a online event then there is little luck of a live event getting organized.

For starters lets run down how I plan to organize this thing...

1) I will be using BINARYBEAST. This is a very cool website I have been using for events for a while now, and it is mainly designed for the RTS scene but it works with everyone. It will handle the brackets, the advancement and auto create the losser brackets. There is even functions for players to enter their wins and losses themselves, though unless the event is huge I prefer to have a admin run the event.

Here is an example of the website system. - http://binarybeast.com/xDoW21107100/full

2) Get a list of players that are interested and there consoles AND the region of there game version. This is the big problem... if there isn't enough people interersted then we can not do this, and as far as i know, the game only really performs well with same region games on the ps3... I have no knowledge of the 360.

3) A basic rule list. The rules will be simple. Each game is best of 3, finals best of 5 and grand final best of 7. All characters including dlc are permitted. Also, MK3 costumes MUST be used by PLAYER 2 if possible, as many of the outfits are near impossible for spectators to see who is who... I'll go though the roster latter and find teh exact matchups that are impossible to tell the difference between the toons.. like reptile for example.

4) A Goal Event. The way we do events at GR is that we award points based on placement, these points are for the end of year invitation event, all winners of each smaller event get a invite. The idea is that at the end there is a "goal event" witch should consolidate the best players of the year... again, this is all subject to how many people are interested. And I agree it is to early to plan the invitational, but we may as well start collecting points from the start.

5) Broadcasting. As many of you know.. streaming in Australia is extremely hard. I can stream fine but at a lower resolution, nothing like the 720p that we expect but it will still look pretty good. That way we can all sit in chat watch the games and make a day out of it, at the same time I'll be high res recording it and post it on YouTube. Of course I can only do this for ps3 games.. and possibly only hong kong versions few the game. Any games that i can not cast will need to be reported to a event admin though a PM, a PM from each player. If there is a conflict then the judges will step in and make a ruling. If anyone with a 360 that can do this let me know.

The idea of this event is to unify the Australian online community. By making the event a live irc play in turn event rather than play when you can and fill the form, it will force many players to all hang out at the same time and with luck get them to be friends and see what is what... While this is a TMK event, I would like to post the event on TYM and Shyro and any other MK sites people think might have an Australian base.

1st things first...

Who is interested? Do we have enough, should we run events 360 and Ps3... if so eventually we might be able to organize a 360 vs ps3 players somehow...

Please state your FORUM NAME, LOCATION, the REGION VERSION of your game and your PLATFORM. If this is something you would like to try out. Remember the idea is to get numbers and build the Australian scene a little... so even if you suck, still enter, and join in the fun.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ok lets see the Ps3 Kombatants (in no order) - 9 Total

Jynks - HK (Sydney)
Nudge - US (Sydney)
-M- - UK - (Queensland)
Gilbangz - US (Sydney)
Tomo009 - US (Undisclosed)
PHNmnl - UK - (Sydney)
NoMad - HK - (Sydney)
Jinko - US - (Sydney)

Ok lets see the 360 Kombatants (in no order) - 8 Total

CabJoy - UK - Woolongong
Ultras - US - Brisbane
PapZY - US - Melbourne
Mathman - US - Sydney

--== Rules ==--

Each Match = Best of 3 Games, @ Best of 3 rounds.
Each Finals Match = Best of 5 Games, @ Best of 3 rounds.
Each Grand Final = Best of 7 Games, @ Best of 3 rounds.

1) Winner can not change fighter, only looser can change fighters.
2) The following Stages are BANNED: Subway, Street, Kratos' Stage
3) Player 1 must always use costume 1, Player 2 must use MK3 costume if there is a problem in telling toons apart (I'll ge tthat list to you soon)
i dont wanna be a nuisance
but my psn is T2:confused:blivion
not gilbagz
sorry ):

crap sorry for double posting

Jynks

i dont wanna be a nuisance
but my psn is T2:confused:blivion
not gilbagz
sorry ):
this is FORUM names not psn names.... though I'll add them soon when I get a chance... I wanted forum names as some people might not be comfortable with publicly revealing their psn nick, also when it comes to contacting everyone, i will most likely do it though a PM on the forums, as therefor need the forum names over the nicks online... though of course I will need them at some point as well. Still I can post them as well, so people can start meeting up

I'm in.. I'm brand new and will have my ass handed to me.. but whatever :)

System: X360
GamerTag: chemNova
Version: I think its US? I bought it from play-asia.com.

chem

Jynks

2) The following Stages are BANNED: Subway, Street, Kratos' Stage
Any particular reason for this?
I just took this rule directly from WNF @ the Levelup stream. The idea behind these bannings is that these levels have fast moving background object like flaming cars and trains and these can be distracting to players. I am happy not to have this rule, but like WNF I thought may as well do it then no one has anything to complain about.

RaZoR

Noob
XBOX 360
GT: IIxRAZ0RxII <------ it's capital i's and there is the number zero in there.
Perth
Asian version (Bought from HK)

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jynks

Here is the updated payer list!

I still haven't had any volunteers to run the 360 event. So I am going to look into some kind of automated reporting system, were players challenge and post their wins themselves. This will mean there will be no recorded games or anything like that either streamed or on YouTube.

As for Ps3, well the Hong Kong PSN store STILL hasn't posted the Rain DLC or compatibility packs, and I wanted to wait for that, as there are many US system players who could possibly wish to use Rain, especially as the toon will be completely unlearnt by HK players who have nvr had the chance to face him.

So I am waiting for that as well.

Also, evo.. isn't the world stopping around then?

Ok lets see the Ps3 Kombatants (in no order) - 10 Total

Jynks - HK (Sydney)
Nudge - US (Sydney)
-M- - UK - (Queensland)
Gilbangz - US (Sydney)
Tomo009 - US (Melbourn)
PHNmnl - UK - (Sydney)
NoMad - HK - (Sydney)
Jinko - US - (Sydney)
oRIFFoRAFFo - US - (Parramatta)

Ok lets see the 360 Kombatants (in no order) - 13 Total

CabJoy - UK - Woolongong
Ultras - US - Brisbane
PapZY - US - Melbourne
Mathman - US - Sydney
chemicalNova - Unknown (US?) - Melbourn
Konnon - TAS - Launceston
CHIEFMEGADETH - Unknown (Asian?) - Sydney
Razor - Unknown (Asian?) - Perth
poptdp - US(?) - Sydney

Ulturas

Noob
Jynks I may possibly be able to record in about a week or so for the Xbox games but I'm not 100% sure yet, I'm thinking about getting a Hauppauge but won't have enough money until at least next Tuesday then I'll be waiting for the delivery (obviously lol). But yea if you find someone by then that's fine by me.

Jynks

Jynks I may possibly be able to record in about a week or so for the Xbox games but I'm not 100% sure yet, I'm thinking about getting a Hauppauge but won't have enough money until at least next Tuesday then I'll be waiting for the delivery (obviously lol). But yea if you find someone by then that's fine by me.
Please keep me posted, I think it would be much more fun for eveyone if we had a record of the comp.

Ulturas

Noob
Please keep me posted, I think it would be much more fun for eveyone if we had a record of the comp.
Will do, I ordered the Hauppauge I already have it but I'm waiting for the TV now haha, I was planning on getting all this stuff anyway btw so it's no skin off my teeth, I'll be ready by next Tuesday though for sure! I'm not sure if I'll be able to live stream but I'll definitely be able to record in HD!

Jynks

I'm not sure if I'll be able to live stream but I'll definitely be able to record in HD!
Yea, this is not as necessary, though it would be cool, when you are up and running I can walk you through the set up for a low resolution but fairly decent quality looking stream.. nothing special but pretty much all you can expect form AU. Anyway, just do some test play some online matches while streaming and see if it is a problem.

Ulturas

Noob
Yea, this is not as necessary, though it would be cool, when you are up and running I can walk you through the set up for a low resolution but fairly decent quality looking stream.. nothing special but pretty much all you can expect form AU. Anyway, just do some test play some online matches while streaming and see if it is a problem.
That's generally how most people stream anyway unless you're partnered with Justin.tv can't change the resolution from 360p, I'm just worried about the upload rate I'm on cable but it could be laggy as hell but yea as you mentioned so I'll just have to try it out hey when I'm up and going xD.

Jynks

yea, that is why juntintv is lame. We will be using own3d most likly as it has the best features for recording and uses a proper irc chat.

Ulturas

Noob
yea, that is why juntintv is lame. We will be using own3d most likly as it has the best features for recording and uses a proper irc chat.
Never heard of own3d lol I'll check it out. Do I need to pay for anything on it or is it free to use like jtv?

Jynks

it is free, specializes in gaming content, using true irc for chat, has no resolution restrictions and is hosted by the guys that make xsplit so it is the most compatible of any stream site. IMO it is b y far the best streaming service I have used.

Check out http://www.own3d.tv/dow2live this is a stream I am involved in form RTS scene.

Ulturas

Noob
it is free, specializes in gaming content, using true irc for chat, has no resolution restrictions and is hosted by the guys that make xsplit so it is the most compatible of any stream site. IMO it is b y far the best streaming service I have used.

Check out http://www.own3d.tv/dow2live this is a stream I am involved in form RTS scene.
That's pretty cool I used to play Last Stand on DoW2 ages ago kinda got over it because retribution offered nothing new in terms of Last Stand at least one character and one new map didn't cut it for me lol.

Jynks

yea i nvr played last stand or campign mode, I just stick to 1v1 compeditive play. Same with sc2. I mea n I have played last stand but i thought it was pretty weak and repeditive. Still it was a nice free dlc treat for dow2 fans

Ulturas

Noob
yea i nvr played last stand or campign mode, I just stick to 1v1 compeditive play. Same with sc2. I mea n I have played last stand but i thought it was pretty weak and repeditive. Still it was a nice free dlc treat for dow2 fans
I can't get used to the whole system with DoW2 multiplayer that's why I played Last Stand lol. Last Stand takes a lot of team work and that's the kinda games I enjoy for the most part :p at least to finish Wave 20 I think it is lol. I used to play SC2 but when I got put in the Bronze League even though I won 4/5 games you had to play I was just like ok screw this xD.