What's new

Aug 13, 2011 - CHICAGO HEART TOURNAMENT - MK9, MvC3, SSF4AE, and MORE. - Northbrook, IL

ONLY IF YOU ARE ATTENDING: Do you want MK9 to be $5 or $10 for entry fee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I personally don't care if you use Zombie mode if both players agree on it. But the NO BLOOD Kombat kode is becoming more and more competitive standard. Its quick and effective, at vs. screen and when the match is over.

Can you be more specific about the MK2 Noob issue? I haven't heard of any issues with that DLC costume. =/

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I personally don't care if you use Zombie mode if both players agree on it. But the NO BLOOD Kombat kode is becoming more and more competitive standard. Its quick and effective, at vs. screen and when the match is over.

Can you be more specific about the MK2 Noob issue? I haven't heard of any issues with that DLC costume. =/
Certain combos that noob can do. Are impossible to do with the MK2 costume. I think it goes for his setups too.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I'd like to go to this but I use the PDP stick. Does anyone have a converter that will let my PDP work on the PS3?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I've got one. HAN should have some by the time this rolls around, too. Plus a few guys have spare PDPs for ps3. You'll be good to go, just show up.

In case anyone was curious. The venue fee waiver applies to MK9 as well. So that means if you bring in the following you'll only have to pay $5 venue fee:

TV
Console
Mk9
And at least one game of another featured tournament game (if u don't bring in that game...then your venue fee is $10)

Also...

If you bring in ALL THE ABOVE...AND...a megaphone (lord knows I'll need it), YOU GET IN FREE. NO VENUE FEE (you STILL have to pay the tournament fee of $10).

This here is the last update. Hope to see everyone tomorrow. MK9 starts at 2pm, so please plan ahead and be on time. Thanks everyone. :)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Signups start at 2 or the tourney starts at 2? Planning to get there around 1 but just want to be clear.

CurlyW

Noob
Tournament results
35 entrants

1. Slips (Scorpion)
2. 16 bit (Kitana)
3. Josh tha Funk Doc (Kano)
4. Juju (Kung Lao)
T-5. MOE (Kung Lao)
T-5. Dizzy (Johnny Cage)
T-7. TBK
T-7. Treadmill (Reptile)

Full bracket can be found here: http://db.tt/H36zdnS

CurlyW

Noob
16 bit won Winner's Finals vs. Slips
Slips won Loser's Finals vs. Josh the Funk Doc
Slips won the first set of Grand Finals vs. 16 bit
Slips won the second set of Grand Finals vs. 16 bit and wins the tournament

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Aaahhh. Haha it was my first tournament so I must not have completely understood the brackets. Good shit Slips! The winner's finals match between Slips and 16 bit couldnt have possibly been any closer.

I had so much fun even though I was knocked out almost immediately. Josh the Funk Doc's Kano was nasty. Why can't I do this every day?