What's new

ATTN INJUSTICE FANS: MLG looking to add a fighting game - We need your help!

Would you like to see Injustice be MLG

• Total voters
I voted no. I love MK9, but I want fighting games to succeed with esports. That is not going to happen with Injustice. MLG needs a huge title to make this work for the long haul. USFIV for example. I know that's not the game, but until they get a Capcom game MLG will continue to drop fighters and pick it back up over and over.

...lbsh....its a smash game....
If there was a choice to be made here between including Injustice or Street Fighter then while my heart of hearts would crave Injustice, I would objectively acknowledge and recognize that Street Fighter would be much more important to the growth of the FGC.
That being said, that is NOT the situation we are in and it won't be that way with any capcom game, because the capcom community has gone out of its way to make sure it wont happen. That being the case, why shouldn't their loss be our gain? If the worst thing that happens is that Injustice gets dropped 1-2 years from now after being brought in then quite frankly we should be so lucky. That's 1-2 years of potentially awesome tournaments and high level play to enjoy the hell out of.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
If there was a choice to be made here between including Injustice or Street Fighter then while my heart of hearts would crave Injustice, I would objectively acknowledge and recognize that Street Fighter would be much more important to the growth of the FGC.
That being said, that is NOT the situation we are in and it won't be that way with any capcom game, because the capcom community has gone out of its way to make sure it wont happen. That being the case, why shouldn't their loss be our gain? If the worst thing that happens is that Injustice gets dropped 1-2 years from now after being brought in then quite frankly we should be so lucky. That's 1-2 years of potentially awesome tournaments and high level play to enjoy the hell out of.
Nrs makes a new game every 2 years so it wont matter anyway

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Pretty sure its gonna be smash. All over twitter regarding talks with Nintendo and their community members about giving them their super bowl. I want to be optimistic, but after what they pulled off at Evo, I am pretty sure it's gonna be smash :( le sigh.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Dude..we cannot continue to be shoved aside for capcom games. If capcom players wanna be dumb and turn this down, more power to us! Its the break this community needs
If MLG picks up Injustice I will support their decision, but it would be destined to fail. MLG needs a certain amount of entrants and viewers for it to succeed. This community cannot support the numbers needed. I believe MLG should pick up a NRS game right when it is released to cement its own fgc within theirs. 100 entrants and 500 viewers we bring would not be enough. It's a business.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
it would only make sense for it to be injustice. NRS backed up mlg while everyone else was like "fuck that esports shit"

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
If MLG picks up Injustice I will support their decision, but it would be destined to fail. MLG needs a certain amount of entrants and viewers for it to succeed. This community cannot support the numbers needed. I believe MLG should pick up a NRS game right when it is released to cement its own fgc within theirs. 100 entrants and 500 viewers we bring would not be enough. It's a business.
MK did great and injustice gets way more entrants and viewers than mk did

I would support it without a second thought. As long as they work out their bracket problems from the MK days, I'm on board and all in.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
MK did great and injustice gets way more entrants and viewers than mk did
Well, apparently MK wasn't good enough because the whole fg division was disbanded. If the numbers were so great MLG would've kept it going for another circuit. Also, if you watch MK tournaments around 1 year in or slightly more(like Injustice) the entrants and viewers are pretty similar.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
MLG is always fantastic to watch. The quality and production and how they run the actual tournament is special. Dota 2, SC2 and Injustice? Yes please!

Wait, Evo has to talk and make deals with Nintendo for many months just for that one tournament, even though they had it last year its still not confirmed this year. And now Nintendo is willing to make a deal with MLG to showcase a 13 year old game when the newest version of the game is coming out within this year? I'm not seeing the logic here unless they are that desperate to get "hardcore" gamers to grab a WiiU which seems like a big stretch to me

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
It's probably going to be smash to be honest, but that still isn't too bad. The important thing to do would be to be supportive and positive towards the smash community, because if that succeeded maybe mlg would be willing to support more fgs. In fact, long term, smash would be great for the fgc because they have the numbers, as evidenced by evo. Either way I'd be extremely excited to see either game at mlg.