What's new

Atrocitus General Discussion

Unplug Ethernet Cable :DOGE

Just kidding. This matchup is difficult though. A good Dr. Fate will see Blood Nado coming from like miles away and summoning Dex-Starr in mid and fullscreen is hard. Once you have Dex out, I'd inch your way in while checking him with blood balls, and pray Fate blocks them instead of dodges them...
The matchup sucks so hard. I kinda just want a pocket pick for Fate. Have you explored any other characters that counter him?

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
The matchup sucks so hard. I kinda just want a pocket pick for Fate. Have you explored any other characters that counter him?
I can't help but feeling that Aquaman is a pretty damn good pick against zoners. Then again, it's all dependant. From the Deep is a move you always watch put for, more than Blood Nado, but I've found that if you can dodge projectiles until you have enough frame advantage to throw a trident, which knows down someone if they get hit by it, you might be able to trade pretty decently.

That, or can just pick Black Adam and pray for best lol

I think I might be on to something here..... You can trade projectiles with trait grab for a full combo that does huge damage.... This could be realllllllly good if we can figure out consistency. The trick when you're in 1 trait grab call range is after they block it you have to send it out as soon as you possibly can it at will trade. The mix up is after blocked grab you can instantly shot a trait shot and if they shoot another projectile or press a button it will hit and you're in with f22

@Pig Of The Hut

Last edited:

RIF

Noob
I am not much of a lab monster, but I did find something pretty interesting. (I am not sure of its value yet, but time will tell)

Atro has a double low string called Five Inversions. (1,1,2,3)
The third hit can be cancelled into Boodnado offering another mix-up when he has pressure.

However, I realized that with trait, you can perform a full combo after the last hit.

1,1,2,3, Trait, MB Bloodnado, B3, J2, D2, Bloodnado, ender

The timing is a little tricky. You have to make sure you hit the trait button right as the last hit is being fired. You then have enough time to combo into his standard MB Nado' combo. My skills are not what they used to be, but even I can hit this 50% of the time after 5 minutes of practice.

This can be done mid-screen.

It offers Atro another pressure string when trait is active. I have not tested it fully, but I believe the default timing on the pickup will protect Atro from MB B2.

Mixing this up with F223 might be a good option to open people up with trait.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'm having a lot of trouble pulling off a certain combo consistently

[starter] x MB nado, b3 j2 d2 x Nado, b23 x vomit

I'm pretty sure that my issues are coming from the height of the nados; if they aren't high enough then the ending vomit won't connect off BF2 (it'll hit, but it won't be in the same combo, ie they can block it). If they're too high then the second hit of B23 sends me under them, which might be useful for reversal combos but not what I want to practice right now.

can someone help me figure out the 'sweet spot' for both nados so I can start using this combo more? thanks

Have people been using up vomit as an anti air? It's active frames are insane and its hit box is pretty massive. It will hit people behind you.
Yes, this should be used all the time. Normal up napalm is amazing and has very little recovery, feel like it beats out almost everything especially with those active frames

ROtagaki

Praise the Sun! Hail Kotal Khan!
I'm having a lot of trouble pulling off a certain combo consistently

[starter] x MB nado, b3 j2 d2 x Nado, b23 x vomit

I'm pretty sure that my issues are coming from the height of the nados; if they aren't high enough then the ending vomit won't connect off BF2 (it'll hit, but it won't be in the same combo, ie they can block it). If they're too high then the second hit of B23 sends me under them, which might be useful for reversal combos but not what I want to practice right now.

can someone help me figure out the 'sweet spot' for both nados so I can start using this combo more? thanks
B23~vomit does not connect outside the corner

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I think I might be on to something here..... You can trade projectiles with trait grab for a full combo that does huge damage.... This could be realllllllly good if we can figure out consistency. The trick when you're in 1 trait grab call range is after they block it you have to send it out as soon as you possibly can it at will trade. The mix up is after blocked grab you can instantly shot a trait shot and if they shoot another projectile or press a button it will hit and you're in with f22

@Pig Of The Hut
B23~vomit does not connect outside the corner
i use mb vomit because dmg and +25

ROtagaki

Praise the Sun! Hail Kotal Khan!
i have gotten this combo to connect, it just needs the right height which is what im trying to figure out

it leaves you close enough to jail with 1 and f1, too
B23~vomit can hit Darkside, Scarecrow, Bane, Brainiac, Swampthing, Atrocitus and Grodd anywhere on the screen. All women plus DR. Fate, Blue Beetle, Firestorm, Captain Cold and Robin can't be hit at all. The rest of the cast can't be hit by regular vomit midscreen but MB vomit and both versions in the corner do work.

After testing B23 in juggle I was able to hit Black Canary with regular vomit but it seems too inconsistent.

Hope this helps

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I need a full night or my layover on Tuesday to tell ya'll of my findings.

All I can say right now he is very strong against almost every one and can out right reverse & punish most gaps in strings.

Dexstar 223 and f1233 during blood nado raw. RAW is super nice. If you can add in 4 after a raw nado and d1 you can then mb another nado and connect with 111 or 22 into blood charge.

Basically the shenanigans you can pull of is limitless.

I've had damage in the 500+ & they carry hard into the corner where he is and absolute monster.

I just have to figure out recording it but what I really want to do is post it here and see if you guys can pull it off or it can be improved on.

Also I only used superman and competitive mode on and the dummy was set to random blocking.

I'll get to it soon once my hands off the game.

I can't post it in the combo thread for some reason but I've been doing F223 ex DB1 - B3 - J3 - D2 - DB1 - D2 - BF1 for 378.50 damage 1 bar against superman in competitive mode

I can't post it in the combo thread for some reason but I've been doing F223 ex DB1 - B3 - J3 - D2 - DB1 - D2 - BF1 for 378.50 damage 1 bar against superman in competitive mode
You can substitute the second d2 for d1, so it doesn't nerf damage more than necessary.

That being said, I think b23 is his best endear as it re stands, or can cancel into bf1 for more damage.

Hows it going guys, glad to find a community of fellow Atrocitus mains.

I made a guide on him for anyone having trouble with him.

How do you guys get past zoners? Curious to see how differently we handle them with Atro.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Given his immense amount of great options with trait out you probably wouldn't want to do this but Atrocitus can do a crossup JI3 in the corner and full combo while staying on the same side with Dex-Starr shield. Easy 300+ damage combo.

Problem is that it doesn't work on block.