What's new

Atrocitus General Discussion

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
Anyone find any use for regular napalm vomit in neutral, or is it only good in blockstrings and corner stuff?

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
What are we doing when we get knocked down? I'm really lovino the character and he's my co-main. His pressure is great but when knocked down I have to hold that pressure and then do a d1.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
What are we doing when we get knocked down? I'm really lovino the character and he's my co-main. His pressure is great but when knocked down I have to hold that pressure and then do a d1.
Rage Charge is your go to wakeup, but can be punished on read. Other then that you have backdash, delayed wakeup and just holding that pressure. You can also do air vomit to prevent some crossup and jump in situations.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Yeah its pretty weird that he has no safe combos.I spend 10 sec playing perfectly but only get a little damage from pokes. They get a combo, all my work gone -__-
End in rage vomit or meterburn punch float to stay safe. Stagger and try to hit confirm stuff. Use f123~Punch Float to be plus 1 on block or go into a combo on hit.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
@Pig Of The Hut I just watched some of the games you uploaded vs Dragon's aquaman. Thanks for uploading!

You may already be aware - but in case you aren't - any blocked FTD can be punished with reversal Tornado. Aquaman shouldn't be able to use this at all except as a punish I think.

Also, I don't think Atrocitus f223 is a true 4 way guessing game. Think canceling into the tornado before the first overhead is a true 50/50, but the second mixup is very fuzziable. If they block the first overhead and fuzzy overhead to low they can cover the second one. At least that seemed to be the case when I tested.

Also, any time Atrocitus goes for the tornado and it gets blocked (even with trait out), I think his f223 pressure is over. If he does an early trait shot (immediately after the tornado), the defender can reversal grab and possibly even punish if the trait shot is too early (even with trait +29 it's not enough to guarantee safety b/c tornado is -40), or at least stop the next hit. If Atrocitus does a late trait shot, the defender can grab Atrocitus - the trait shot will interrupt the grab, but the situation resets to neutral.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@Pig Of The Hut I just watched some of the games you uploaded vs Dragon's aquaman. Thanks for uploading!

You may already be aware - but in case you aren't - any blocked FTD can be punished with reversal Tornado. Aquaman shouldn't be able to use this at all except as a punish I think.

Also, I don't think Atrocitus f223 is a true 4 way guessing game. Think canceling into the tornado before the first overhead is a true 50/50, but the second mixup is very fuzziable. If they block the first overhead and fuzzy overhead to low they can cover the second one. At least that seemed to be the case when I tested.

Also, any time Atrocitus goes for the tornado and it gets blocked (even with trait out), I think his f223 pressure is over. If he does an early trait shot (immediately after the tornado), the defender can reversal grab and possibly even punish if the trait shot is too early (even with trait +29 it's not enough to guarantee safety b/c tornado is -40), or at least stop the next hit. If Atrocitus does a late trait shot, the defender can grab Atrocitus - the trait shot will interrupt the grab, but the situation resets to neutral.
Yep I knew the punish, did it mostly and which is why U saw a lot of time us just sitting there and walking

Hmm idk about the examples of throw but I'll test it, to me still sounds like adv atrocitus

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Yep I knew the punish, did it mostly and which is why U saw a lot of time us just sitting there and walking

Hmm idk about the examples of throw but I'll test it, to me still sounds like adv atrocitus
Yeah it's possible I messed up while testing it, would love to know if I'm incorrect on those points.

To clarify the second situation, where Atrocitus does a late trait shot to cover the tornado, I think the defender can either reversal grab or d1 (or any other really fast move really). The grab/d1 hits Atrocitus, but then the trait shot hits the defender and the grab is interrupted / d1 is punished. However, at this point, I think the defender can hit d1 to stop Atrocitus from going for another f223. I didn't experiment with every possible timing of the trait shot, so I think that's where I could be wrong. Really early and fairly late ones seemed to have the issues I described though.

Do you agree the second overhead in f223 is fuzziable by the way? I felt like I was getting it pretty consistently b/c the second overhead comes out quicker than the tornado cancel happens. Possible I was getting lucky though / subconsciously memorized the recorded training dummy's pattern.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
How does Atrocitus do against Deadshot? I have yet to test it out in real matches but it seems like trying to trade bloodnados with his gunshots is a pretty good strategy - while you get hit, the distance is closed afterward.
I haven't done too well with that strategy, because blood puddle is very slow (20 frames, iirc?).

I do eventually get it, but I eat a lot of bullets to do so. Of course the same goes for trait, which is easily interrupted by Deadshot casually doing his thing.

Maybe the 'Nado is worth it? If you can get in and STAY in. If Deadshot pushes you out with throw, or combo into arm cannon shots, you're going to have to work your way back in again.

It's early days though, and I confess I've been spending my time just labbing and playing Atrocitus, practicing. I haven't labbed the Deadshot match up yet.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I haven't done too well with that strategy, because blood puddle is very slow (20 frames, iirc?).

I do eventually get it, but I eat a lot of bullets to do so. Of course the same goes for trait, which is easily interrupted by Deadshot casually doing his thing.

Maybe the 'Nado is worth it? If you can get in and STAY in. If Deadshot pushes you out with throw, or combo into arm cannon shots, you're going to have to work your way back in again.

It's early days though, and I confess I've been spending my time just labbing and playing Atrocitus, practicing. I haven't labbed the Deadshot match up yet.
Yeah I tried putting it in practice and I was struggling still. I think I'm just bad though - never got a beta code and haven't played injustice one for years, so it's taking a while to get used to the injustice game engine / NRS inputs again after mostly playing street fighter.

Pig uploaded a set demolishing a deadshot player with Atrocitus and he seemed to be doing what I described (I think?) so I'm currently thinking it works and I just need to get good... but not 100% sure.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Pig uploaded a set demolishing a deadshot player with Atrocitus and he seemed to be doing what I described so I'm currently thinking it works and I just need to get good... but not 100% sure.
I'll have to track the vid down later, but it may depend on the skill of the Deadshot player. If he/she is focused on keeping you out, or is just casually doing zoning, they've got a good chance to interrupt bloodnado, at least in my experience online. Offline it might be a different story.

I've actually tried to interrupt and punish rifle shots with nado and that hasn't worked. I get shot out of the beginning animation, most of the time.

RIF

Noob
I haven't played an NRS game since Injustice 1 where I played Sinestro. Atrocitus is the first character I picked up as his tool set and game-play reminded me of my beloved Sinestro. (Not to mention the obvious...the Ring)

Maximizing his damage is critical. Starter, MB Bloodnado, B3, J2, D2, Bloodnado, 111, rage rush or d2 to up vomit is (thus far) the best and most consistent BNB I could find. If you have trait, you can end in B12 for a re-stand.

111 is plus frames. I use this in the corner for pressure when I do NOT have trait. 111 with trait shot will also blow up some armored B2 attacks due to its startup speed.

His low-ending string (I think it's 1,2,3) is a nice follow-up after 111 or as a far away poking tool.

Straight Vomit has a good amount of range. I need to start using that more in neutral. MB vomit has an obscene amount of range, but I am hesitant to use it all that much given the cost of meter.

Air rush is an excellent tool against certain moves and jump-ins. You can counter cheetahs jumping move with air rush on reaction.

His blood drain seems like it should be strong, but I am having a hard time leveraging it other than being a tool to end rounds. I typically use a Dex shot to load it up then pressure with F22.

There might be some interesting cross-ups with shot + B12 after a knockdown. I am still playing with this tech.

I am having a hell of a time against Supergirl, Robin, and Deadshot. Need to figure out better ways of dealing with these three.

Thanks for the info in this thread, guys.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yeah it's possible I messed up while testing it, would love to know if I'm incorrect on those points.

To clarify the second situation, where Atrocitus does a late trait shot to cover the tornado, I think the defender can either reversal grab or d1 (or any other really fast move really). The grab/d1 hits Atrocitus, but then the trait shot hits the defender and the grab is interrupted / d1 is punished. However, at this point, I think the defender can hit d1 to stop Atrocitus from going for another f223. I didn't experiment with every possible timing of the trait shot, so I think that's where I could be wrong. Really early and fairly late ones seemed to have the issues I described though.

Do you agree the second overhead in f223 is fuzziable by the way? I felt like I was getting it pretty consistently b/c the second overhead comes out quicker than the tornado cancel happens. Possible I was getting lucky though / subconsciously memorized the recorded training dummy's pattern.
I don't think any of it is fuzzyable especially in a realtime situation

P.D: What do you do after a blood-nado? You are so close to the opp but without frame adv and vulnerable to any wake up.I don´t find any meaty option or useful setup. Sometimes I do a simple backdash that avoid most wakeups and gives you the perfect distance for a F223-...pressure
Its not what you do after, its what you do before. I don't think you end with blood tornado unless you already have the blood sucking innate on. (Tornado pulls them in for you to steal blood)

Shame there isn't many options for Standard Blood Nado to setup stuff. Recovery too loong
I have had some inconsistent success of connecting blood tornado MB -> blood tornado -> some punching.

so, maybe some one more pro than me can figure something out there. Or maybe I'm just cray cray

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
I have had some inconsistent success of connecting blood tornado MB -> blood tornado -> some punching.

so, maybe some one more pro than me can figure something out there. Or maybe I'm just cray cray
Ketchup was able to chain Mb nado into regular bloodnado into combo, at least in the Beta. The timing was strict, and you apparently had to do the regular puddle at their highest point, but you could do it.

That may have changed though. I'll definitely lab it and find out, for sure.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Ketchup was able to chain Mb nado into regular bloodnado into combo, at least in the Beta. The timing was strict, and you apparently had to do the regular puddle at their highest point, but you could do it.

That may have changed though. I'll definitely lab it and find out, for sure.
You can do some stupid thing like Blood Nado MB --> Blood Nado --> D1xxRage Charge lol

How the hell do you fight fate as Atrocitus. That match up feel unwinnable. All they have to do is literally mindlessly spam because you cant duck his projectile.

Last edited:

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
How the hell do you fight fate as Atrocitus. That match up feel unwinnable. All they have to do is literally mindlessly spam because you can duck his projectile.
Unplug Ethernet Cable :DOGE

Just kidding. This matchup is difficult though. A good Dr. Fate will see Blood Nado coming from like miles away and summoning Dex-Starr in mid and fullscreen is hard. Once you have Dex out, I'd inch your way in while checking him with blood balls, and pray Fate blocks them instead of dodges them...