What's new

Question atlas torpedo

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
it's -6, not very punishable. nightwings staff d1 can full combo punish it

lex's corpse charge will punish, as will doomsdays d1~earthshake. Atlas Torpedo doesn't have THAT much priority so if you see it coming you can jump attack it, joker has godlike jump attacks so that might work.

Go into practice and set wakeup attack to atlas torpedo, try to punish it like that

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Shazam players should make a list of the spacings where it's safe and against what characters...

I kouldn't punish it with Arrow from starting distance.

ando1184

Noob
AT+ back dash after makes grundy very sad.
Wouldn't MB cleaver or MB hands catch him? Or would WC pressure be a good option? If you're catching on to your opponent back dashing after AT, why not dash in and then do something, like dash in d2 or AA grab if he tries to jump over you. You could even do WC cancel setups if he jumps back right?

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
Wouldn't MB cleaver or MB hands catch him? Or would WC pressure be a good option? If you're catching on to your opponent back dashing after AT, why not dash in and then do something, like dash in d2 or AA grab if he tries to jump over you. You could even do WC cancel setups if he jumps back right?

Cleaver is too slow. Shazam can teleport away from WC, no matter when Grundy starts his WC shazam will be able to teleport/d1~teleport away

ando1184

Noob
It's my most played matchup. If you need help with anything, let me know :)
Ok so my buddy and I played this matchup and Grundy owns torpedo. All he has to do is block it and immediately d2, the range is ridiculous and he gets a full combo afterwards. Shazam cant back dash, teleport, or block so be careful when using torpedo in this MU guys.

I gotta study this myself to find a solution for bane to punish it because i have no idea how

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
if a character cannot punish this, shazam does very well. u can't jump, mb b3, duck, or anything. its amazing

most of the cast can jb2 on read then combo ..or just jb1 (this).

Ok so my buddy and I played this matchup and Grundy owns torpedo. All he has to do is block it and immediately d2, the range is ridiculous and he gets a full combo afterwards. Shazam cant back dash, teleport, or block so be careful when using torpedo in this MU guys.

Yes, Grundy can also do 11 1bar combo punish or any combo off 11 on reversal if its not torpedo upclose.

ando1184

Noob
Yes, Grundy can also do 11 1bar combo punish or any combo off 11 on reversal if its not torpedo upclose.
No, Grundy's 11 will miss if the Shazam player back dashes so the only option to consistently punish torpedo is d2. D2 stops and punishes everything that could follow a blocked torpedo and it doesn't matter if you're far, close, or midscreen.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
No, Grundy's 11 will miss if the Shazam player back dashes so the only option to consistently punish torpedo is d2. D2 stops and punishes everything that could follow a blocked torpedo and it doesn't matter if you're far, close, or midscreen.

yeah just tested 11 on reversal, I guess I mistime it.. but d2 won't work on atlas torpedo upclose on block. AT only has 2 pushback on block properties; upclose (shazam recovers farther) and midscreen - 3/4s (shazam recovers closer).

edit: actually imma correct myself, there maybe more than 2 when close (depends on when the active frames start and where it hit). though these 2 are the basics.