What's new

ATHENE BEST GAMER IN THE WORLD Hits CoD Community HARD

R U JELLY of his SKEELZ

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
yea sun tzu must be a complete moron for saying that..... and im bigger idiot for believing in the guy who wrote war's bible.... where do i get this stuff???? you're right im gonna fap to doom brb

Reedoms

Noob
yea sun tzu must be a complete moron for saying that..... and im bigger idiot for believing in the guy who wrote war's bible.... where do i get this stuff???? you're right im gonna fap to doom brb
The way you worded your post implied that games like Quake and Doom aren't actual FPS because they don't take place in a war, which is silly.

Illmatix

The way you worded your post implied that games like Quake and Doom aren't actual FPS because they don't take place in a war, which is silly.
doom is probably my favorite of all time, but LBSH... and i know it may sound silly but, maybe games that came out like 10 years l8r have gotten a lil more deeper and showcase how warfare works a lil better. that's why i didn't bash halo, it's full of deception despite being unrealistic.

KHAOTIC_ICE

im solo left khaotic
Wrath was nothing > skill.
I was pugged into the first boss of Icecrown with half my items being Heroic Dungeon armors and we did fine. You didn't need shit to do good in that expansion.
lol you tbc was notting but skill sunwell was alot harder then icc

Reedoms

Noob
lol you tbc was notting but skill sunwell was alot harder then icc
Sunwell is a bad example considering Tempest Keep and Black Temple were much harder than that.
Wrath was casualness personified. Ulduar was the only good/challenging raid they added.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
lol if you posted CS or battlefield id have agree with my friend, but in RL there arent rocket launchers that have like 10 rounds in a clip and fly perfectly straight. If there is no element of stealth in an fps, or rooms to clear, or corners to check you can have it... because it's all gun skill... not deception. and war without deception is not really war at all.
Then if you love your "realism" I bet you get a hard on for Rainbow Six

Illmatix

Then if you love your "realism" I bet you get a hard on for Rainbow Six
ehhh i went through a vegas stage off line mostly (Dat terrorist hunt), i went online and nobody goes on the wall and plays "tactical", it has a bit of a learning curve and i started to late to adapt, it's kinda funny cause when you go on the wall and try to be sneaky you just get blown up by a guy walking around the corner it's pretty lulz. that and around the same time mw2 came out. what online fps' do you play? (console)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Foxy halo takes more gunskill but CoD requires more team chemistry and setup
CoD does not require more team chemistry. CoD maybe requires more strategy, though. Team shooting is what wins games in Halo, something that is hardly present in CoD. One of the reasons CoD is so popular is because you can run solo and wreck shop against most people or teams. One of the main reasons I stopped playing Halo is because my team stopped playing. You simply cannot win against a good team in Halo if you don't also have reliable teammates. In CoD, however, there is a need for teamwork but just not in the same capacity.

Reactions: RYX

Illmatix

CoD does not require more team chemistry. CoD maybe requires more strategy, though. Team shooting is what wins games in Halo, something that is hardly present in CoD. One of the reasons CoD is so popular is because you can run solo and wreck shop against most people or teams. One of the main reasons I stopped playing Halo is because my team stopped playing. You simply cannot win against a good team in Halo if you don't also have reliable teammates. In CoD, however, there is a need for teamwork but just not in the same capacity.
true this in cod you can just look at the map and see which way everyone is looking, its very easy to close of any open flanks, unless you play hardcore.
You don't need team coordination , but if you have it your team will own harder.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Strategy branches off of team chemistry. The setups u need and spawn traps in CoD for each situation is more complex then halo. U have be a one man team against a decent team idk what ur talking about. Pubs don't count btw

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
CoD 4 is still the best CoD for pub games. Black Ops 1 for competitive play. Public matches are a clusterfuck of explosive shit and killstreaks. Pubs are EZ-Mode.

If I wanted to play a shooter competitive again I would play Gears or Halo. Counter Strike 1.6

I can understand why CoD gets the crap that it does and it's understandable. Yes, the game is an arcade shooter and being that it is obviously one hell of popular series, you will run into a lot of players who really do not know the ins and outs of the game. However, to write it off as easy just because of that is silly because when you actually play people who know the ins and outs of the maps and how to properly equip themselves via loadouts, good luck on achieving anything when it comes to killstreaks.

I'm not saying I'm the best player in the world in CoD, but that is because I'm a team player and do not Rambo it up like a lot of these youtube guys do. If you have a team that knows what they are doing, again, good luck.

And on that note, on CoD vs Halo teams, I will always say that a competitive Halo team >> competitive CoD team. With the exception of Halo 4, all the Halo games made it to where you could not camp like crazy because of the available power ups and stronger guns around the maps. If you wanted to win, you needed to make a strategy based around on how to get to these items and using them to your advantage. That's not to say that CoD teams doesn't take strategy, but there is just way more going on in Halo than in CoD when it comes to team play.

KHAOTIC_ICE

im solo left khaotic
Sunwell is a bad example considering Tempest Keep and Black Temple were much harder than that.
Wrath was casualness personified. Ulduar was the only good/challenging raid they added.
lol your tripping my guess u were not a BC raider ppl wipe for 7-8 hours on sunwell on the first boss BT and TK was easy dude nad as for ulduar sure that was abit hard but not really Sunwell puts all tho raids in wrath to shame i was a Pre-bc and BC raider

Illmatix

has any played CS Global Offensive? ive been very curious about this game put never played it.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This guy started like Mel Gibson in "Signs" when he fails miserably at cursing.
And ended like...well, the lovechild of Borat and a delusional CoD psychopath.

His laugh will haunt my dreams.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
All halo 4 needs to remain the better shooter is an instant respawn fix and classic static weapon drops (F POD).
And I play competitive H4 customs mostly every night so if anyone wants to join just message me :) gt xSyknis

Flagg

Noob
These threads are turning this site into 4Chan, NOT GOOD!

COD is one thing, I refuse to believe this guy is "the best" at a game like SC2. RTS games take heavy amounts of skill, forward thinking and strategy to play, more so than even fighting games.

AssassiN

Noob
CS, UT and Quake
That is all...
Out of all the FPS-games, the one game that takes the most strategy is Counter-Strike.
If there is no teamwork, it doesn't matter how good you can shoot you'll just lose.

Skill-wise, you'll have to look to the fast paced arena shooters like UT and Quake.
I'm not gonna talk about playing shooters on consoles because that's just awful.