What's new

Assuming Injustice 3 is not next... what do you hope is?

I’m not really sure I can answer this on a truly unbiased level, because I am such a huge comic dork and so badly want to see Injustice 3 done with MK11 level graphics and beyond. Just for the love of GOD do NOT make the game as slow paced as MK11... it bothered me a lot during beta, then they sped things up slightly, and I suppose I got used to it, but then recently I went back and played IJ2 and MKX and I felt like all my matches were playing in 3x speed.

Having said that, if IJ3 isn’t next in line, then I’ll say this... my first choice, is WITHOUT QUESTION, a Marvel Vs DC game in the style of Injustice, or, just a Marvel game in the style of Injustice. Although I truly believe both Marvel/Disney and DC/WB would be shooting themselves in the foot and missing out big time on a shit ton of profits and growth for their brands if they’re unable to work out a licensing agreement for a game of that magnitude, then I guess my second choice would be.... to see the WWE fighting game that was detailed in that supposed leak that surfaced a few months back. It’s probably not happening since the “leak” was most likely crap, but, the concept initially made me cringe, but the more I thought about how off the wall totally batshit BONKERS it was, the more I wanted to see it become reality. So yeah. Just my two pennies.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
They absolutely need to make the Horror/Action fighting game they clearly want to. Let's get Jason, Freddy, Robocop, T-1000, Pennywise, and the goddamn Gremlins all in a game together hacking and slashing to fanboy delight.

As a big horror and schlock fan, I can't imagine anything I'd rather see from them. And if you're a "no guest character" purist you should want this too to eliminate the character pool for future MK games :p

Only problem is, if there is any truth to the rumors about Ash and Bruce Campbell, then we've already seen how difficult it can be to acquire rights for this sort of thing. Trying to fill an entire roster (let's assume 20+) of licensed characters would be an absolute nightmare.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'd like a new IP.... I would love a He-Man / She-Ra Game.. or maybe even better 80s / 90s cartoons.. from Transformers to He-Man to ThunderCats to Lonestar and more.
Actually.... Just a strait up Masters of the Universe game with He-Man and She-Ra cartoons mixed... and then have 80s cartoons as guests characters.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I hope we get more content for MK11. More characters, more modes (minigames pls), and I wouldn't mind a new mechanic or two.

After MK11 is done I would like to see a new MK adventure game, basically Shaolin Monks 2 but it doesn't necessarily need to be that.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Injustice 3 is 100% next.

Although if they ever make a straight-up horror fighter, and it has Leatherface, and he still has Berserker Stance, it's a wrap.

But nah. The Blackest Night story plan that YT video talked about sounds amazing, and Injustice has yet to have a Story Mode I didn't really enjoy. I want to learn more about the Black Lanterns and I will DIE WITH JOY if Doomsday comes back.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Definitely be down for a marvel game, would main black panther!
Black Panther, Spider-Man, SCARLET WITCH.

And they could have MCU costumes, comics accurate costumes. (Imagine if Disney poured in the big bucks and we got the faces + voices of the actors in the MCU currently. YES PLEASE.) Give me my Scarlet Witch Infinity War costume, but with her classic headdress. Or a more modernized version of it plz and thank you.

And then give us Thanos as the pre-order bonus. I would love it so much. Imagine how much that would sell. Let me stop getting my hopes up.

The first trilogy had MK Trilogy
The second had Armageddon
After MK11 I would like a game that has all the characters from this latest trilogy.

Makuholick

Killa Queen
Injustice is next, and Injustice will be worse.
But if I could choose, they purchase a license from someone else and make a fighting game out of it. My personal choice would be CV, but WB would stop them since it won't rake them money they already have.
Or create a clean remake of MK3 with online play, MK9/X/11 costumes as alts, KAF, and separate voice acting. That's it. No story mode, none of these new NRS characters, no overkill fatalities/friendships, no prefight dialogue, no paywalls, no nothing.

Last edited:

Gaxkang

Banned
They absolutely need to make the Horror/Action fighting game they clearly want to. Let's get Jason, Freddy, Robocop, T-1000, Pennywise, and the goddamn Gremlins all in a game together hacking and slashing to fanboy delight.

As a big horror and schlock fan, I can't imagine anything I'd rather see from them. And if you're a "no guest character" purist you should want this too to eliminate the character pool for future MK games :p

Only problem is, if there is any truth to the rumors about Ash and Bruce Campbell, then we've already seen how difficult it can be to acquire rights for this sort of thing. Trying to fill an entire roster (let's assume 20+) of licensed characters would be an absolute nightmare.
Well ya first exhaust whatever WB owns. Then you try to license some and make original characters if need be.

There was a fighter called Omen of Sorrow that used horror type characters, but originals based on archetypes.

Right now there's still a lawsuit over Friday the 13th which until resolved nobody can make anything related to that at all I think.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Marvel vs DC.

Boon seemed pretty coy when asked about Marvel a year or two ago (when they started dishing out their properties to different devs).

It just makes total fucking sense. Would be a goliath of a money maker too, and FAR more interesting than Injustice 3 as everybody with taste knows that Marvel > DC ;)

Gaxkang

Banned
Marvel vs DC.

Boon seemed pretty coy when asked about Marvel a year or two ago (when they started dishing out their properties to different devs).

It just makes total fucking sense. Would be a goliath of a money maker too, and FAR more interesting than Injustice 3 as everybody with taste knows that Marvel > DC ;)
It'd be a moneymaker for sure...gotta play hardball with Marvel tho, Capcom was subservient to Marvel/Disney and that only added to the probs Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite had heh.

I don't care what it is as long as it plays much faster, and character have fun base movesets instead of wasted custom moves and inferior variations.