What's new

Question Ask Skarlet - Skarlet FAQ's

Milk

Snake eyes
Just trying to organize the Skarlet intel we're finding, and learn some while I'm at it.

Couple questions I have:

1. Is it safer to let the slide finish, or do one of her attacks, such as slide or forward/back slash?
2. How much invinc does her X Ray have in the beginning? Does it completely go through stuff?
3. Is there any reason to use Blood Ball over Kunai? Especially since it drains our health?
4. How do you unlock stuff with her? Like her other fatality, potential second costume?

Actual asked questions:​

Q: What out of Red Dash is safe?
A: Both slashes are punishable, slide is safe.

Q: Does Skarlet have an alternate costume?

A: The data exists on the disc, but, we did not receive a costume.

Q: Uses for Blood Ball?
A: Does an ALARMING amount of chip damage (6 or 7%), so it can be a real deal sealer late game. No combos in/out of as far as I'm aware. Can also be directed slightly up or down.

Q: What are her best strings?
A: Really depends on the situation. F+3 1 2 is her combo starter, being able to command dash at the end to lengthen the combo. 1 1 2 is good for block pressure, F+2 1 2 1+2 is a good combo ender, 1 1 is good to end a combo into x ray, B+1 1 F+4 is good to clear distance and can also combo out of with command dash.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Just trying to organize the Skarlet intel we're finding, and learn some while I'm at it.

Couple questions I have:

1. Is it safer to let the slide finish, or do one of her attacks, such as slide or forward/back slash?
2. How much invinc does her X Ray have in the beginning? Does it completely go through stuff?
3. Is there any reason to use Blood Ball over Kunai? Especially since it drains our health?
4. How do you unlock stuff with her? Like her other fatality, potential second costume?
3. Blood Ball does a tremendous amount of chip damage by itself (6%) so if your opponent is low on health it is best to use that, because the first kunai doesn't do any chip damage and the second one does only 1%. Also you can direct the blood ball up or down so it hitting, blocked or not, is basically guaranteed on a non teleporting opponent.
4. Second fatality is unlocked whenever you do it in game, it is unlocked forever. No second costume. Was worked on but was never completed. Unsure if they will ever finish it.

Milk

Snake eyes
Gotcha'. I didn't know it did that much chip. I'm sure they will complete the second come time Rain and Kenshi, more than likely. We'll see I guess, not really concerned with it though.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
1) Seems like it's safer to either do nothing out of her command dash or do slide. No clue how safe the upswing blade and downswing blade are on block.

Milk

Snake eyes
1) Seems like it's safer to either do nothing out of her command dash or do slide. No clue how safe the upswing blade and downswing blade are on block.
The swings didn't seem too bad, safe and nothing seem safe. I'm kinda' irked there's no alt. But Rain better get classic ninja alt, or I'mma be grumpy.

Foamy

Noob
I'm sure a classic Rain alt will be coming at some point.. hell all they have to do is take any of the other classics and change it to purple.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Read the stuck thread, guys. The Up and Down Slash are not safe on block. They appear to be punishable by fast special attacks and quick jabs. The slide, however, is safe.

The following is Skarlet's general strategy as far as I know. The daggers cause poor damage, so Skarlet is not winning too many full screen projectile wars. However, if you step forward mid screen, things change. The daggers, especially when canceled, are so fast that opponents will have a difficult time moving around. In fact, they are most likely going to be crouching. The key is to be able to move left and right while canceling the daggers and reacting to what opponents do. At mid range, you can also use the Red Dash. You can slide, which is safe on block, or dash, stop, and throw. Should Kano throw knives, Noob throw a Shadow Tackle or a Shadow Up Kick, Sub Zero use the Ice Clone, etc., you may blow right through it with the enhanced Red Dash which has armor. Use the Up Slash afterwards for a juggle.

1- Can you actually combo into Blood Ball? I haven't been able to, seems too slow on start up.
2- What is her safest move and her most unsafe move?
3- What is her best wake up option?

Abudabi

Noob
I have been trying to but I think the start up time is so slow, no juggle will combo with blood ball.

Probably has been mentioned before but if you hold down/up while doing blood ball, you can throw at a higher/lower throw to change its distance.

Milk

Snake eyes
I'm so mad the site didn't subscribe me to this thread, and I created it. So silly.

Anways, Blood Ball is a way to end the match IMHO. If you know the amount of chip will kill them, throw one, if they jump at you, they get tagged, block, dead, just be careful with teleports.

Also, Dagger Cancelling is the mindgame I was looking for with her. I use it as a stall tool, baiting reversals, and stupid stuff, and it's just fantastic. Something what I'll do while a Sektor is trying to zone me is throw a dagger and delay it, wait to see if he does something, and if he tries to teleport, dash and block, another missile, dash and teleport, flamethrower same thing, and it's a good way to mind game an xray or a combo.

@Zero
1. No combos out of blood ball, haven't experimented a lot mid combo, but I don't think it can combo either. Start up is too slow.
2. Do you mean her normals or her specials? Normals I'd say F+4 3, her generic crouch 3, her F+3 1 2 or whatever can be made safer by doing the command dash after it into whatever, or a dagger cancel. Specials, slide from command dash, and daggers, whether they be cancelled or not, they seem pretty relatively safe.
3. Do you mean actual wake up moves? Cause I dunno her wake ups. But options off the ground, F+4 3 is a good safe move.

No alt. :(

M2Dave answered a bunch of questions about the dash so yay!

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I have to do more testing, but Skarlet's wake up game seems mediocre at the moment. Opponents can do a meaty d+2 or d+3 when she is grounded and block the slashes, including the enhanced versions. I hope that we can come up with something that works.

Random stuff.

- full screen Blood Ball comboes into Teleport.

- blocked d+4~d,f+3,4 cannot be interrupted.

- I think f+3,1~d,f+3,f+2 can be hit-confirmed. If you see a block, do the slide.

- best strings are 1,1,2 and f+4,3 and f+3,1 at the moment. Do not bother with anything else.

Somberness

Lights
I have to do more testing, but Skarlet's wake up game seems mediocre at the moment. Opponents can do a meaty d+2 or d+3 when she is grounded and block the slashes, including the enhanced versions. I hope that we can come up with something that works.
The slashes are too slow to even consider. Krimson slide is a great option because it can either combo or be safe. It also has armor, which is guaranteed to not be stuffed unless against an x-ray. That does not seem mediocre at all.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
XXZ said:
The slashes are too slow to even consider. Krimson slide is a great option because it can either combo or be safe. It also has armor, which is guaranteed to not be stuffed unless against an x-ray. That does not seem mediocre at all.
You are correct. I had a long session with a friend earlier and I tested everything. Obviously, the slide is no Kung Lao's Spin or Kano's Up Ball, but it works surprisingly well.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
What's a good follow up after you do her f2, 1,2 1+2 combo starter?

I'm not interested in the combo challenge sequence. Just something that works and isn't too ridiculous.

Also, what are her corner combos? Seems like her mid screen combos that use dashes kinda mess up in the corner. What's a good sequence to do if you end up in a corner with a guy in the middle of the air?

Thanks.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
1- Can you actually combo into Blood Ball? I haven't been able to, seems too slow on start up.
There is believe it or not. I got it from the blood thirsty thread right in this forum section, in the OP video. Final Life G showed it. The player has her shoot it from full screen then TP (EX or not) I think immediately after it hits. Ive tried it works.

Here;s the vid:

Its at 0:35

There is believe it or not. I got it from the blood thirsty thread right in this forum section, in the OP video. Final Life G showed it. The player has her shoot it from full screen then TP (EX or not) I think immediately after it hits. Ive tried it works.

Here;s the vid:

Its at 0:35
thats comboing out of blood ball :)

Milk

Snake eyes
I guess the better answer would be no practical combos from Blood Ball.

F2 1 2 can cancel into one of her launchers, so I guess just do that into stuff.

And, her corner combos get pretty crazy. I saw some fairly damaging ones.

It's probably for the better that Blood Ball can't be comboed into... By the time scaling got to it, it could be doin the same or less dmg than skarlet does to herself, making it slightly pointless unless u have a decent health lead