What's new

ask jax thread

use this thread to ask question/s about jax we donn't need to make differets thread to ask a question

first post will be updated with the questions and answeres so that you know if your question was already asked before and what was the answere for it.

DrDogg

Noob
The computer can roll/wake up attack after an overhead smash. Assuming a human can do this (can't test since training mode fails), then I don't see how this would work. All you'd have to do is roll or use an invincible wake up attack. Even if EX Ground Pound beats roll, it won't beat an invincible wake up attack.

Next time I play I'll see if I can confirm this doesn't work.

Yo, can anyone tell me a good strategy against spammers like Noob Clones, and Liu Kang fire balls? I would believe that his ground punch would bee a good anti for this but its to slow and trying to bait it out with the ground punch cancel seems to be to slow as well. His energy wave doesn't seem to do much if their spamming on the other side of the screen also. My only tactics at the moment is either follow with the dash punch to help keep the gap closed or try to anticipate their landing with a ground punch.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Can someone test this for me with a human because i only have training mode. if you hit with the combo b+1, 2, 4, dash punch (regular) then as soon as you can hit the enhanced ground pound....it seems like if you time it right there is nothing the opponent can do besides take the damage. can someone test it out plz like i said i would but i only have training mode

Tactiks

Noob
James, no it will not hit. They can tech roll out. The only way to get a guaranteed GP is on a solid knock down where they can't roll.

As far as spammers go, dash block (wave dash) up to them and block the clones. If you block it close enough you can counter with a dash punch on his recovery. same thing goes for Lu Kang. You can't punish his lower fireball but you can come in and apply pressure on him.

That loop combo works like a charm. I have done it several times in a tournament ;) It's freakin nice. I have my own little version of it but it is mainly the same.

Here is a nice 50% combo mid screen. F.4 DU.4 EX.GP x3. shit works nice cause they can't roll out of a hard down ;)

To punish people that have rolls after block, like Scorpion/Meleena/Smoke, I use GP Jumping Neutral Punch back 1,2,4 dash punch. Shit is easy and does good damage without the difficulty of some of the other ones out there.

Hope that helps.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Are there any way to make x-ray more likely? Like a move that staggers or ending a combo in the middle and x-raying?

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
James, no it will not hit. They can tech roll out. The only way to get a guaranteed GP is on a solid knock down where they can't roll.

As far as spammers go, dash block (wave dash) up to them and block the clones. If you block it close enough you can counter with a dash punch on his recovery. same thing goes for Lu Kang. You can't punish his lower fireball but you can come in and apply pressure on him.

That loop combo works like a charm. I have done it several times in a tournament ;) It's freakin nice. I have my own little version of it but it is mainly the same.

Here is a nice 50% combo mid screen. F.4 DU.4 EX.GP x3. shit works nice cause they can't roll out of a hard down ;)

To punish people that have rolls after block, like Scorpion/Meleena/Smoke, I use GP Jumping Neutral Punch back 1,2,4 dash punch. Shit is easy and does good damage without the difficulty of some of the other ones out there.

Hope that helps.
they can roll out of the Ex version?

Tactiks

Noob
Are there any way to make x-ray more likely? Like a move that staggers or ending a combo in the middle and x-raying?
The only stagger move that he has is his standing 4. I am not sure if it is possible to link into that. That is a great Idea though. I will be sure to try it right away and report back.

James: You know what, I am sorry I got my shit mixed up. I did try doing that in the training room and yes they can roll out of ex GP but you can get 1 free after DU+4. The best way to mix up his GP is to watch if they roll back, which 90% do, after being knocked down. If they do then you get a free Full Screen GP if timed right ;) Either way they usually wont know to jump at the end so if your timing is off then you can still get it usually. Either way it sets up options for you as it keeps them off the ground and the anti-air has invincible start up frames.

Jax is a rush down character but he is not easy to play. You are required to read your opponent well to make him dangerous. If you read it right he is unstoppable, they can't be on the ground at all ;)

Tactiks

Noob
Ok so I tested the ex GP. The only way to utilize it with 3 consecutive is to get them with a standard one first. I put the pc on the far side of the screen and put on jump and roll. I did far gp then 3x ex GP. You have to do it real quick but it works. If you are off a split of a second then they can jump out.

That shit is almost if not 50%, lol. it's awesome if you catch someone spamming projectiles or you just get a good read on them.

Here is how I would set it up...

anytime I get a knock down on someone and they like to roll back, do a far GP and start the combo. If they are rolling then they will get hit with the GP as soon as it ends, guaranteed.

Tactiks

Noob
Lyuben:

I just tested it out and no there is no setup for it right now. I tried doing his standing 4 into x-ray but it is to slow.

You have intrigued me so I will keep working on this. I will post if I come up with something.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Lyuben:

I just tested it out and no there is no setup for it right now. I tried doing his standing 4 into x-ray but it is to slow.

You have intrigued me so I will keep working on this. I will post if I come up with something.
It will never work. Jax's x-ray cannot be linked into by anything. I am just asking if something can make it more likely to happen, something like a move that makes the enemy unable to act for a while so they have a smaller escape window or ending a combo suddenly and x-raying. I do that with sub-zero sometimes. After an anti-air freeze I NJP, back 1,2 and instead of carrying on. I just do ice puddle instead. This move is escapable but most people are picking their nose or something and my combo resets.

Tactiks

Noob
It will never work. Jax's x-ray cannot be linked into by anything. I am just asking if something can make it more likely to happen, something like a move that makes the enemy unable to act for a while so they have a smaller escape window or ending a combo suddenly and x-raying. I do that with sub-zero sometimes. After an anti-air freeze I NJP, back 1,2 and instead of carrying on. I just do ice puddle instead. This move is escapable but most people are picking their nose or something and my combo resets.
Right I understand. No there is no way. I was hoping that standing 4 would keep them in hit stun/stagger long enough to set it up but it doesn't. Jax recovery is too long. His x-ray has been updated so that it has armor all the way through the active frames. It is just supposed to be used as a counter.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Right I understand. No there is no way. I was hoping that standing 4 would keep them in hit stun/stagger long enough to set it up but it doesn't. Jax recovery is too long. His x-ray has been updated so that it has armor all the way through the active frames. It is just supposed to be used as a counter.
You can use it to punish. Sub-Zero can slide, Jax blocks the slide and the x-ray is inescapable.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Use the xray for baiting and punishing dude. I love his xray so much. It has to be the best naked xray in the game.

I'm learning Jax to try and calm down all the Jax is useless people even after TyrantRave put on quite the show at Evo.

Random Jax Tips.
Some awesome things that Jax can do.

If Jax is close to an opponent they are not aloud to stand or jump. Gotcha grab is just that amazing and fast. abuse it.

Jax frame trap
Well now that the opponent is scared to stand lets abuse this.
They will stick to low pokes and fast specials. If you predict whats coming next you can obviously punish with ease.
So we all know f413 has frame advantage, but how much? I've found that it's enough to smack someone with a d4 then on hit you can dash in and do another f413!
As long as you know when they are going to jump you can completely control them through gotcha grabs, d4, and f413!

Put that in your game ^_^

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Any tips on doing jax's throw on ps3 pad? I normally slide simaltaneous button presses but that doesn't seem to work all the time i'm I don't have the right timing. I don't play with my hands in the claw position either so I have to rotate my controller to do it which is kina annoying when I have to press things at the same time.

Also I'm only ever getting 5 hits can someone tell the the exact time to hit each throw and the subsequent throws bearing in mind im sliding the input so I should be doing it a bit earlier?

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Any tips on doing jax's throw on ps3 pad? I normally slide simaltaneous button presses but that doesn't seem to work all the time i'm I don't have the right timing. I don't play with my hands in the claw position either so I have to rotate my controller to do it which is kina annoying when I have to press things at the same time.

Also I'm only ever getting 5 hits can someone tell the the exact time to hit each throw and the subsequent throws bearing in mind im sliding the input so I should be doing it a bit earlier?
Well, what I do after I get the first part of the the throw. I quickly take my right hand off the controller and with my index finger and middle finger I hit 1+4. With the same tow fingers, I turn my index and middle finger 90 degree and press 2+3 . now for timing, after the first slam, you should hit 1+4 to keep it going. On the next slam, you hit 2+3 and you have just done the coolest throw in the game. I hope this helps.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Well, what I do after I get the first part of the the throw. I quickly take my right hand off the controller and with my index finger and middle finger I hit 1+4. With the same tow fingers, I turn my index and middle finger 90 degree and press 2+3 . now for timing, after the first slam, you should hit 1+4 to keep it going. On the next slam, you hit 2+3 and you have just done the coolest throw in the game. I hope this helps.
Yh thanx too much of a hassle for me to rotate my controller but I can slide the inputs pretty well. Is the timing for the other slams the same? Just after each subsequent slam?

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Why is it (from what i see) when people use jax they use F4, 1, 3 or F4, 1 ,4 instead of F4, 1, gotcha grab? the one with the grab at the end does i think 3% more damage. and if they get hit by the first attack then the gotcha will always make contact...is there something im missing?

Why is it (from what i see) when people use jax they use F4, 1, 3 or F4, 1 ,4 instead of F4, 1, gotcha grab? the one with the grab at the end does i think 3% more damage. and if they get hit by the first attack then the gotcha will always make contact...is there something im missing?
Mid-screen, other than slow reaction time, my only guess is slightly better oki. f+4,1 xx Gotcha Grab whiffs on crouch-blockers, so it's only preferable on hit-confirm or if the opponent is stand-blocking. In the corner, though, f+4,1,3 is better on hit-confirm, going into either the EX Ground Pound loop or ~40% combo.