What's new

ask cyrax thread

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Ragdoll with throw leaves you at neutral (3/4 screen) and is the most damaging

Saw leaves you with advantage (at mid bomb range) Try this ender for bnb after b2: 2,1, dash, 3,3~saw

Ragdoll without throw leaves you with advantage and switches sides (at mid bomb range)

The least useful is the first.
I almost exclusively use the ragdoll with throw. The more damage they take, the sooner I win. After the ragdoll, I often launch a far bomb and teleport behind them.

NariTuba

disMember
I almost exclusively use the ragdoll with throw. The more damage they take, the sooner I win. After the ragdoll, I often launch a far bomb and teleport behind them.
Its not the same to leave Johnny Cage at 3/4 screen and full damage (ragdoll + throw) than to leave Sektor there. Against JC you want him far away, but with Sektor, if that 5% difference doesnt kill him you might straight up lose the fight trying to get back in.

I think match up, meters, timer and round must all be considered when choosing the combo ender. This game is momentum based.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Its not the same to leave Johnny Cage at 3/4 screen and full damage (ragdoll + throw) than to leave Sektor there. Against JC you want him far away, but with Sektor, if that 5% difference doesnt kill him you might straight up lose the fight trying to get back in.

I think match up, meters, timer and round must all be considered when choosing the combo ender. This game is momentum based.
Your face is momentum based.

(I don't know what that means.)

swag1

EX smash solves all
it really depends how much you want that extra damage cause with the ragdoll without the throw you get a free bomb attempt which can pressure them into making a mistake but if you have high health and they have lower and you want to do all the damage possible go for the throw but NEVER against anyone with an instant air projectile they will zone the hell out of u

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
what gamestyle would you guys describe Cyrax as? Rushdown?
it depends how you want to play him, personally id say he's more of a defensive character with great offensive tools, not to be abused as theyre easy to figure out, but enough to mix up to keep them guessing.

if i were to sum him up, it would be hes a trap/mindfuck character.

Creepy00

Noob
it depends how you want to play him, personally id say he's more of a defensive character with great offensive tools, not to be abused as theyre easy to figure out, but enough to mix up to keep them guessing.

if i were to sum him up, it would be hes a trap/mindfuck character.
Thx bro, he is so what a bit similar to quan chi. Drop him before, but might go back to him
Anyway would you know what the new hotfix would do to cyrax ? Supposedly Tony t has some new tech to reveal, but is just waiting for the hotfix first

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Thx bro, he is so what a bit similar to quan chi. Drop him before, but might go back to him
Anyway would you know what the new hotfix would do to cyrax ? Supposedly Tony t has some new tech to reveal, but is just waiting for the hotfix first
we were told that the double net resets are being removed, but thats as much as i know

I just started using Cyrax once again and have a question. I'm trying to incorporate footsies into my game with D4 but I have an issue. As I'm trying to dash in and D4 I toss a bomb almost always. ff,d4 ends up being medium bomb half the time. Any way to get this down without negative edge constantly fucking it up? Sometimes I can get it right but not too often.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Negative edge is a bitch. I often do D4 to sawblade.

The way I avoid negative edge is to tap forward,forward, and while Cyrax is doing the dash animation, I hold down, then 4. Hope that helps.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
I do not know whether this was discussed ... But I have after you hit combo in "net" are going to miss "b+2" or "1,2,1" The only plus that in such cases and I am lost and the enemy, and I'm doing after such a "Throw" and always an enemy of his skips. So tell me this is a glitch with the "net". If so, his ideas on should not be (try to record a video so you get my point).

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
I just started using Cyrax once again and have a question. I'm trying to incorporate footsies into my game with D4 but I have an issue. As I'm trying to dash in and D4 I toss a bomb almost always. ff,d4 ends up being medium bomb half the time. Any way to get this down without negative edge constantly fucking it up? Sometimes I can get it right but not too often.
this screws me over so much to the point where i dont use dash d4 as much anymore, i cant find a way to stop the bomb coming out unless you literally just wait for the buffer window to close, ill mess around with it more to see if i can stop it, its REALLY annoying

NariTuba

disMember
They way ive gotten around this is to dash then press down first and then tap 4 as fast as possible after it. You actually lose a couple of frames over a perfect down+4, but you can compensate by pressing the down a little earlier. It requires some prectice but you will NEVER get an accidental bomb.

Also learn the maximum distance for a d4 that on hit grants free jabs and use it.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
They way ive gotten around this is to dash then press down first and then tap 4 as fast as possible after it. You actually lose a couple of frames over a perfect down+4, but you can compensate by pressing the down a little earlier. It requires some prectice but you will NEVER get an accidental bomb.

Also learn the maximum distance for a d4 that on hit grants free jabs and use it.
i was trying that and i noticed zero difference, i assumed as it works for cyber sub it would work for cyrax too, maybe i was just doing it wrong i guess

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®

Sometimes I launch a mid or far bomb and D4 often pushes them back far enough into the bombs.

Hmmmm gotta try that out, thanks for the suggestion.

NariTuba

disMember
i was trying that and i noticed zero difference, i assumed as it works for cyber sub it would work for cyrax too, maybe i was just doing it wrong i guess
The thing is the dash will not be cancelled until the 4 is pressed. My inputs are f,f,d(hold down),4. The separation between the down and the 4 is ideally minimal, but when i first practiced it I started doing it super retarded slow to get a feel for it.

I was doing f,f,d(hold) to let the dash complete and crouch at the end, once i got used to max distance I started doing f,f,d(hold) and interrupting with 4.

The cool thing about Cyrax as opposed to Cyber Sub is that you actually need the "down" input to dash in with d4 (unlike CSZ that needs to add en extra useless input just to cancel negative edge) its just a matter of avoiding the instant d4.

On a side note, I found d4~saw to be very easy to execute (my inputs are d+b+4, f+2) but for the love of god i cannot do d1~saw. I basically start teleporting out of control. I got a meterless juggle in the corner up to the low 30s with 3,3,4 that allows for a d1 after but i have not been able to make that link for the saw finisher! any suggestions?

The inputs for EX's are broke. Countless times I've tried to do FF4+RT for an EX-Bomb, and I end up getting a stupid Medium bomb. What's wrong! My inputs are clean it clearly shows on the log I plugged in correct.

DFogz

Noob
The inputs for EX's are broke. Countless times I've tried to do FF4+RT for an EX-Bomb, and I end up getting a stupid Medium bomb. What's wrong! My inputs are clean it clearly shows on the log I plugged in correct.
The button log won't show if you hit 4+RT at the same exact time, only that you pressed those two buttons. Practice your timing a little bit more. The inputs are definitely not broken.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
The button log won't show if you hit 4+RT at the same exact time, only that you pressed those two buttons. Practice your timing a little bit more. The inputs are definitely not broken.
My way around this is to hit block just slightly before 4.

Is there a listing of Cyblax BnB's anywhere? Meterless and otherwise. I've tried the search goggles, but they do nothing.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Is there a listing of Cyblax BnB's anywhere? Meterless and otherwise. I've tried the search goggles, but they do nothing.
Meterless midscreen:
jip 21~net, njp, b2, 21, 121 bomb setup = 35%

Meterless wall:
jip 21~net, njp, njp, b2, 2, 121~buzzsaw = 39%
jip 121~net, b2, 2, 121~buzzsaw = 38%
Replace the end of either of those combos with 33~net for the second net setup.

1 bar midscreen:
jip 21~net, jip 21~ex bomb, close bomb, d2, b2 (second hit only), 121~ragdoll = 60%
jip 21~net, jip 21~ex bomb, close bomb, 3~net, njp, b2, 121~ragdoll = 65% (I think)
jip 21~net, jip b2, njp, ex bomb, far bomb, 121~close bomb, net, njp, b2, 121~ragdoll = 74% (harder than the 65% reset)

1 bar wall:
jip 21~net, jip 121~ex bomb, close bomb, 3~net, njp, b2, 2, 121~net, 33~net = 72% + follow up chip damage

I think that's all of them. There might be something I missed because I'm new to the character too