What's new

Ashrah General Discussion

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Am I crazy or do I kinda never wanna be in dark stance
If we had a recovery buffer so we could enforce plus frames easier, I'd like it more. It's better against characters with stubby pokes, since you can backdash f4 and shimmy them for mashing. As is, it's still best for mobility when you need to get in and uniquely good for escaping pressure with ex bf2 flash parries.

So, you can launch with Cyrax assist and bf2d. Basically input it as bf2[K]d. I'm pretty sure you can hitconfirm this by letting go and by holding it you get pressure that will either jail or break armor. And I'm not exactly sure why, but the assist starts combos if it frametraps or breaks armor in this situation, where it doesn't in others.
This is basically my BnB combo/pressure option select.

To make it easier, I found you can let go of the kameo button and THEN start holding it after the fact (after Cyrax gets on screen but before he starts the attack) to turn a would-be vertical spin into a horizontal spin. For whatever reason this makes it way easier for me, because the situation that I have less time to react becomes the default situation my input covers. I just repress kameo and hold after the fact when I see the block.

I dont even both with moves that require me to hold bf2 though. Too tricky. F42 it's not a problem. 122 it definitely is

Second Saint

This is basically my BnB combo/pressure option select.

To make it easier, I found you can let go of the kameo button and THEN start holding it after the fact (after Cyrax gets on screen but before he starts the attack) to turn a would-be vertical spin into a horizontal spin. For whatever reason this makes it way easier for me, because the situation that I have less time to react becomes the default situation my input covers. I just repress kameo and hold after the fact when I see the block.

I dont even both with moves that require me to hold bf2 though. Too tricky. F42 it's not a problem. 122 it definitely is
Oh, I didn't know that. I'll have to see if it helps. I play on keyboard, so I think holding multiple buttons is just easier with my setup than some others, so I don't have much issues holding the bf2 after a bit of practice.

If we had a recovery buffer so we could enforce plus frames easier, I'd like it more. It's better against characters with stubby pokes, since you can backdash f4 and shimmy them for mashing. As is, it's still best for mobility when you need to get in and uniquely good for escaping pressure with ex bf2 flash parries.
am I missing something about f4 during dark stance? can't that shimmy be done in light stance?

Second Saint

am I missing something about f4 during dark stance? can't that shimmy be done in light stance?
I mean backdashing on your plus frames, which you have a lot more access to in dark stance because most of her buttons are slightly plus when canceled into bf2 in dark stance. I see almost no one use them yet, so I just mentioned an option I've had some success with.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Am I crazy or do I kinda never wanna be in dark stance
I like to switch to it a lot. There is a damage buff when striking with light after putting the dark aura stack on as well.

If you use Motaro / Lao you can use the teleport sequence cancel to make dark stance almost insta cast. I use Motaro as his tail lazer can be used in a similar way to scorpions up fireball (not as good but still respectable considering his other moves)

Reactions: jmt
I quite like the other color palettes she has for costume 2, tbh. I've been playing with them on random rotation lately.
Also, I think her silver skin kinda resembles her classic palette a bit better than the default one for costume 2.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
The hat costume has a really nice green version I saw in invasion I have not found yet myself....

I wish the dark stance effect were a bit less subtle.

DF1 or BF2 while I didn't realize I was in dark or light stance has fucking annihilated me multiple times.

It's also hard keeping track of when it's just about to end

Second Saint

That’s nice
I actually think this might end up best as Frost Tech, but I can't lab it for real. Her freeze might let her set up the b22 more easily then put out an orb. I just found it this morning and had 20 minutes to throw some clips together.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
What does disjoints mean?
It means disjointed hitboxes - she can hit you from far away with her sword, but you cant hit her sword and have it register as damage to her. Unlike, say, Johnny, who can stretch his legs to hit you, but if you somehow evade them, you can hit his legs back and it will count as him being hit and getting damaged

jmt

Noob
It means disjointed hitboxes - she can hit you from far away with her sword, but you cant hit her sword and have it register as damage to her. Unlike, say, Johnny, who can stretch his legs to hit you, but if you somehow evade them, you can hit his legs back and it will count as him being hit and getting damaged
Ahhhh makes sense thanks.