What's new

Ashrah General Discussion

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
What does the [nK] mean in this string?

I assume it is night mode air dash, with the "d" input making it do an attack, but I find afterward I just fall to the ground and can't continue the combo from there.

Thanks for the help!
He means neutral Kameo or neutral Kall, I would guess.

What does the [nK] mean in this string?

I assume it is night mode air dash, with the "d" input making it do an attack, but I find afterward I just fall to the ground and can't continue the combo from there.

Thanks for the help!
Neutral Kameo. I dunno what we've agreed upon with notes but I think nK bK fK etc would make sense.

It's a little tricky in that combo since it you call Scorpion with dK he'll be in the wrong position, but you gotta press d for the spirit slice so you gotta press a clean bf2nK then d immediately after.

Short video on the stuff I was talking about earlier
I might be switching from scorp to cyrax. It felt brutal for me to have to give up kameo throw combo options but I was able to combo off cyrax from her throw as well, albeit with slightly less consistency. It's similar timing to scorps. Neutral kameo slightly after the throws second hit, I time the press to be right after her spirit glow fades from the second hit. I can then get a jumping kick to bf2, or a b2db2, or b2 to meter burned df3 for a meter combo

Second Saint

I might be switching from scorp to cyrax. It felt brutal for me to have to give up kameo throw combo options but I was able to combo off cyrax from her throw as well, albeit with slightly less consistency. It's similar timing to scorps. Neutral kameo slightly after the throws second hit, I time the press to be right after her spirit glow fades from the second hit. I can then get a jumping kick to bf2, or a b2db2, or b2 to meter burned df3 for a meter combo
Gonna have to lab that, I wasn't able to get the throw combo to work with cyrax. If they've got throw combos, the one weakness I thought they had is gone.

Heresy

Noob
Neutral Kameo. I dunno what we've agreed upon with notes but I think nK bK fK etc would make sense.

It's a little tricky in that combo since it you call Scorpion with dK he'll be in the wrong position, but you gotta press d for the spirit slice so you gotta press a clean bf2nK then d immediately after.
Awesome makes sense - thank you!

Second Saint

I think long term I want to make a video of every string Ashrah can flash parry. It'd be a large undertaking, but, it's probably important/necessary

jmt

Noob
Just started really playing yesterday. I’m doing great with her. I have all her combos and kameo calls down and I’m spacing great with df1 and using f3 and that stuff.

My main issue is her up close/stagger/pressure game. I’m doing ok with it, but I’m missing something.

Like I’ll go into f4 and then f4, 2 and then try to d1 and then d3 or d4 but I know I can do way better. What do you guys like to do? Any ideas or input on up close pressure using 112, b22, 22 and f423?

Last edited:

Second Saint

Just started really playing yesterday. I’m doing great with her. I have all her combos and kameo calls down and I’m spacing great with df1 and using f3 and that stuff.

My main issue is her up close/stagger/pressure game. I’m doing ok with it, but I’m missing something.

Like I’ll go into f4 and then f4, 2 and then try to d1 and then d3 or d4 but I know I can do way better. What do you guys like to do? Any ideas or input on up close pressure using 112, b22, 22 and f423?
It kinda depends on what kameo you have. Some characters can finish f423 and still get the launch with kameo no problem, like Goro and Scorpion.

With Cyrax, I'm actually working on something in the lab right now that could be very strong, but it's hard for me.

So, you can launch with Cyrax assist and bf2d. Basically input it as bf2[K]d. I'm pretty sure you can hitconfirm this by letting go and by holding it you get pressure that will either jail or break armor. And I'm not exactly sure why, but the assist starts combos if it frametraps or breaks armor in this situation, where it doesn't in others.

The difficulty gets further compounded when you factor in distance, which might mean you have to hold bf2 to get bf2d to connect, so you're essentially holding two negative edge buttons and timing one after the other to hit confirm. Not the sort of thing I typically expect in NRS games, but it's cool.

Reactions: jmt

Second Saint

I’m using Goro kameo. That cyrax setup sounds nice. Tough inputs and timing.
That's the thing, it's not even a setup. It's a plus on block launcher with built in frame traps that she can do basically at any time, but it's tough enough that I'm not sure if I'm actually hit confirming it, and even if I am, all of cyrax's combos are inconsistent. They can be the highest damaging combo if the opponent breaks the way you want them to, but there are so many variables that change which side they end up on. Hard to work with.

But yeah, Goro is great for converting off of f423 and 223, practice those conversions and implement them in your staggers and it'll probably help out a lot.

MuMuGuy

Noob
I’m finding Stryker a good comfort Kameo pick for Ashrah. Granted he does nothing for combo extension because the grenades are awful, but the OH/low baton swipes make her f3 safe and the handcuffs gives her time to swap stance.

Using Stryker makes her reliant on meter and Dark Energy for meaningful damage, but it makes her very safe to play.

Second Saint

My initial impressions of Lao were honestly very wrong. You can make regular low hat like +8 from a spaced out f2. If I can find a looping low hat overhead setup, that'll be worth losing throw combos.

But also the neutral tools low hat and teleport give you seem pretty good.

MuMuGuy

Noob
Anyone else using Sonya as a kameo? In my experience so far: great combo extensions, switch sides with leg grab in a combo, and some safety with using energy rings
I tried using Sonya as my main Kameo, but switched over to Stryker. I prefer Stryker allowing me to play more safely with batons and ending combos with the handcuffs allow me to safely switch stances.

Sonya is a good partner for Ashrah, as she allows Ashrah much higher damaging combos. I might make Sonya a pocket Kameo.

but it's tough enough that I'm not sure if I'm actually hit confirming it, and even if I am, all of cyrax's combos are inconsistent. They can be the highest damaging combo if the opponent breaks the way you want them to, but there are so many variables that change which side they end up on. Hard to work with.
Try Stryker. Easy confirms. On block it’s still your turn.
-f2[fK]xxdf3 f2xxdf3.ex j.122xxbf2
-f4[bK]23 f2xxdf3.ex j.122xxbf2

Last edited:

Second Saint

Try Stryker. Easy confirms. On block it’s still your turn.
-f2[fK]xxdf3 f2xxdf3.ex j.122xxbf2
-f4[fK]23 f2xxdf3.ex j.122xxbf2
Oh, I don't have trouble hitconfirming strings. I'm talking about hit confirming a single hit special because it would open up the stagger game a lot between bf2 cancels and launching plus on block bf2Kd. Looks like it won't quite work the way I was wanting, but it should still be effective, since worst case scenario, Cyrax doesn't jail and I get poked.

Anyone else using Sonya as a kameo? In my experience so far: great combo extensions, switch sides with leg grab in a combo, and some safety with using energy rings
She’s 100% good synergy for Ashrah. I like to poke with f2xxfK(hold) and then basically anything after that is safe. If they get hit by charged ring it launches for a combo!
Also, as with scorpion/goro etc., being able to convert off any pop up is amazing for Ashrah.