What's new

Artists Of Kombat - Post Your Best Stuff Here!

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Congrats on getting through college! That's a huge deal! Where did you get your ba from? Since you just finished, do you have a portfolio site or demo reel?

I live in Minnesota but am half way through a grad program at AAU in San Francisco, it's an online masters.

Btw, my wife is also an animator/ illustrator: apandastudio.com

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo
Yours too? My wife and I met in art school, but she never went back since she didn't enjoy graphic design. She just does pinups and commissions now. Works primarily in inks. I got my degree from Westwood College's online branch since I live in WV outside of any real art school's range of influence. The wonders of broadband.

You can check my portfolio at joshuawebb.org I'm in the process of cleaning it up and adding new stuff. The reels I got up are getting editted since some of the pieces in them were incorporated just to please my professor. I don't like my monkey or car animations since they are ancient pieces that shouldn't be used IMO since they don't really show what I can do now at all. Other than that this is pretty much what I got. I aim for concept art and character modeler positions primarily. I'm currently doing concepts for an indie studio right now based in Ohio.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
shaowebb,
Hi there.
I sculpt(the rare art) lol I noticed most people tend to draw, paint or use Flash's, animate( I can animate a little) use ps etc on pc.

But me, I enjoy sculpting. It's fun.

Was going to go to art college but couldn't afford it. They wanted $45,000-50 g per year(for 4 years in total) which would make roughly 180,000 not happening lol.

So I just do it for hobby now and concentrate on voice acting which has and can make me money as oppose to sculpting so that's my dream now with the V.A. but here's my work :)

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Nice to meet you MKF 30. Its also nice to meet someone else who enjoys working in clays. I tend to use paperclays mounted to frames and such and on occassion stuff like sculpy but its pretty rare these days I get an opportunity to work in stuff like that due to animation work and all that.

I actually dig how deep and thick your voice is BTW. It has a great tone and could easily sell the personality for a lot of characters in animation. If you want to go VA I can advise taking acting classes and honestly singing classes to improve your vocal control. Also ship voice samples of yourself acting out scenes of characters and try shipping that around on an online VA portfolio or even in resumes sent to studios.

This site often pulls up stuff like that in job searches and elance.com is a great place to find freelance jobs in VA as well. Just make certain to have a good mic like a blue snowball or something that can mute background stuff and that works well vs loud sounds and pops from sharp "T" sounds.

Anyhow good to meet you and I feel you on art college. I got lucky finding a college like Westwood that could work around my situation, but honestly if I hadn't already had so much experience in art before entering that college I would have struggled. They're ranked and regarded well for animators and game students, but theres so much software these days that you'd be hard pressed to go in raw in that environment if you needed a whole lot of improvement to reach pro level. If I ever need some sound work done for deeper stuff I'll likely look you up and ask to hear you read a few things to see if I can use you for a part. Good luck man!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice to meet you MKF 30. Its also nice to meet someone else who enjoys working in clays. I tend to use paperclays mounted to frames and such and on occassion stuff like sculpy but its pretty rare these days I get an opportunity to work in stuff like that due to animation work and all that.

I actually dig how deep and thick your voice is BTW. It has a great tone and could easily sell the personality for a lot of characters in animation. If you want to go VA I can advise taking acting classes and honestly singing classes to improve your vocal control. Also ship voice samples of yourself acting out scenes of characters and try shipping that around on an online VA portfolio or even in resumes sent to studios.

This site often pulls up stuff like that in job searches and elance.com is a great place to find freelance jobs in VA as well. Just make certain to have a good mic like a blue snowball or something that can mute background stuff and that works well vs loud sounds and pops from sharp "T" sounds.

Anyhow good to meet you and I feel you on art college. I got lucky finding a college like Westwood that could work around my situation, but honestly if I hadn't already had so much experience in art before entering that college I would have struggled. They're ranked and regarded well for animators and game students, but theres so much software these days that you'd be hard pressed to go in raw in that environment if you needed a whole lot of improvement to reach pro level. If I ever need some sound work done for deeper stuff I'll likely look you up and ask to hear you read a few things to see if I can use you for a part. Good luck man!

Hey there dude, thanks appreciate that lol yeah i get that a lot with the voice. On xbox, alot of the time people think im using a voice mod or something.

It's funny you mention the voice thing since i can give you loads of my work on yt, there is one video of me out there doing 45+ voices and working on a new list for a new vid soon. But i also have work on my friend's channel, i'll link it on here tomorrow dude. i'm on an app right now so i cant do it but thanks. the sculpting thing i've always done much like playing mk often i just havent done much with it. However, the voice thing i have done some work. done 10 vids roughly for my friend swoozie, done lyrics for my friends sister and her bf they own an independent music label, done some voice work for this girl on yt who makes her own sim stories and even a guy on here and umk.com, classic etc named bleed with his mk classic sprites mk mods a little doing announcer voices for him. i'll post those tomorrow or im them to you.

STORMS
Tim Static
Thanks for enjoying the vids, thanks for liking the animation video tim lol i thought it was just okish that was my very first animation ever want to make more but man its hard frame by frame lol.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Did these two a few days ago: (Havik and Sheeva *messed up on her upper hands and they scanned , lolz)