What's new

Arrow Trap Video

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
nice find, NW seems scary now, with this new "technique" .... NW deserves more respect as character, he is fun to play, hehe :D

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
You couldn't pull off a southern draw to save your life i bet!!!! European accent is 7-3 in America though.... ladies just throw their panties at it.
Yeah, nobody likes a southern accent. "Ya'll wanna go down to the McDonalds and git us some 'merican fries an' maybe we can go muddin'?! YEEHAW!" That's not going to make anyone moist.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Yeah, nobody likes a southern accent. "Ya'll wanna go down to the McDonalds and git us some 'merican fries an' maybe we can go muddin'?! YEEHAW!" That's not going to make anyone moist.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN!

"Ay gurl. Save a horse, ride a cowboy. *slides thumbs into belt loops and begins to square dance*

Panties gone... :facepalm:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Actually I'm from New York. I hope to God I don't have a southern draw. But my accent skills are on point. My English accent also passes for Irish...who else can say that?

And yes it is interesting Osu...it will change NW offense forever.

NariTuba

disMember
so after you hit them with 122~arrow its basically a 50/50 between commiting to a jump if they guess Exlightning or blocking if they guess the string is coming again right? if you go for the string again and they block you get 15% + chip + some meter but ends in neutral (except in the video at 2:11 in which you get 17% ???)

so basically the big payoff for this is to get them to block and hit with the Exlightning for 32% (+15% = 47%) needless to say if they guess ExL and jump you get punished with full combo AND lose a bar.

in this combo: B22axe axe b2eh axe ff1 ff1 ff122 shoulder 45% one bar (right out of your guide), you get practically the same damage without the risk of guessing wrong

so my question is, whats the point of hit confirming into arrow instead of hit confirming into full combo?

PS: not knocking on it, love your nightwolf stuff! just trying to understand

EDIT: whats the situation if they commit to the jump and you dash in and hit them out of the air with 122? do you get full damage on that even tho they are juggled? (meaning 38% with 122 axe b2axe ff1 ff1 ff122 shoulder) in that case the payoff would be 53% so in that case youre taking the risk for an extra 8%. Is that really worth it? or am I missing something...

unless you go for the 1 bar combo above in which case you get 15% + 45% for a nice 60% total. Can you land this combo by hitting them out of the air? The problem here is that if you can land the 60% like this then theres no reason for me NOT to block. Ill take the 47% over the 60%, make you spend that bar to break my block and not care about the chance ill guess right... after all this all happened because i got hit.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Your absolutely right...the payoff is when they fear the lightning and try to jump, but eat the next 122 instead.

The fun part is, as long as they thnk the eh lightning is coming, 122 arrow is a loop that I can do until they block. So if I do:

122 arrow, (jump attempt) 122 arrow, (oh shit I better block this time) eh lightning for 33%. That's 15+15+33= 63%. one meter

The same works if I do:

Jip b22 eh arrow, (jump attempt), 122 arrow, (oh shit I better block this time) eh lightning for 33%. That's 27+15+33=75% two meter

It's a guessing game (vortex) like scorpion 50/50. If I guess right on your b2 attempt, you get blown up. Meter management is very important with this however...never do the eh lightning with only one bar or two bars...you should wait till you have almost three bars or 2 1/2 just so that your opponent will expect the eh lightning, opening up the dash 122 string. It also means if you read wrong you have a breaker ready to get out.

The eh lghtning is something I might not do on certain characters like cyrax(I need meter just in case of a breaker), kabal (his eh spin armor can beat eh lightning).

I would use the eh lightning on all characters who don't have armor unless I need the mixup to win.

NariTuba

disMember
Your absolutely right...the payoff is when they fear the lightning and try to jump, but eat the next 122 instead.

The fun part is, as long as they thnk the eh lightning is coming, 122 arrow is a loop that I can do until they block. So if I do:

122 arrow, (jump attempt) 122 arrow, (oh shit I better block this time) eh lightning for 33%. That's 15+15+33= 63%. one meter

The same works if I do:

Jip b22 eh arrow, (jump attempt), 122 arrow, (oh shit I better block this time) eh lightning for 33%. That's 27+15+33=75% two meter

It's a guessing game (vortex) like scorpion 50/50. If I guess right on your b2 attempt, you get blown up. Meter management is very important with this however...never do the eh lightning with only one bar or two bars...you should wait till you have almost three bars or 2 1/2 just so that your opponent will expect the eh lightning, opening up the dash 122 string. It also means if you read wrong you have a breaker ready to get out.

The eh lghtning is something I might not do on certain characters like cyrax(I need meter just in case of a breaker), kabal (his eh spin armor can beat eh lightning).

I would use the eh lightning on all characters who don't have armor unless I need the mixup to win.
Why would I ever jump tho? if I stand there blocking and you eh lighting you get 47% for 1 bar, which is basically what you would get for a 1 bar combo anyway by hit confirming into full combo instead of arrow. There seems to be no point in me jumping at you at all if I get hit by the arrow. By jumping I risk losing practially all my life intead of losing what I would normally lose by getting hit in the first place.

Wouldnt it make sense to just stand there and block forcing you to spend the meter to get your damage?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah I agree... the loop is worth the reward. I doubt Fly will do much of the BnB unless he knows it will kill opponents. There is much more reward for making the 50/50 than to simply go for 45% and give your opponent a ton of meter and a chance to put NW in a bad situation.
The trap allows NW to dictate the pace... that in itself makes it much better.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Why would I ever jump tho? if I stand there blocking and you eh lighting you get 47% for 1 bar, which is basically what you would get for a 1 bar combo anyway by hit confirming into full combo instead of arrow. There seems to be no point in me jumping at you at all if I get hit by the arrow. By jumping I risk losing practially all my life intead of losing what I would normally lose by getting hit in the first place.

Wouldnt it make sense to just stand there and block forcing you to spend the meter to get your damage?
Ok then...don't jump. Lol it makes no difference to me. I get my damage either way. With the same meter too.

I actually get more damage by using the eh lightning. Aout 10% more damage.

And to answer your question in the edit. If you commit to jump but I dash 122, my 122 will hit you on the ground granting me a full combo. NW has ridiculous advantage after the arrow hits. Enough advantage to keep you grounded for a full combo.

NariTuba

disMember
So you get 55%? 15% of 122~arrow + 40% Eh lightning combo? whats that combo? the only ones i see in your guide that aproach that are the jps,f2 ones that dont apply here.

Is the advantage after arrow enough for a safe jump? what happens if you go for jps and they commit to a back jump? do you hit them out of the air or do you still get the ground hit? A lot of people dont know this but Cyrax command grab behaves this way, you get a safe jump but if they commit to a back jump you will hit them out of the air and you will lose the loop... this is why its better to just dash in with jabs and no jump.

Thanks a lot LTF, great work!

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I don't want to be over-reacting... but I believe this makes NW jump up a tier. No?
We'll have to see it used in tournament gameplay in my opinion. Now, if he has an advantage on block move (like EX arrow)- I would be more confident in saying yes right now.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
We'll have to see it used in tournament gameplay in my opinion. Now, if he has an advantage on block move (like EX arrow)- I would be more confident in saying yes right now.
He doesn't...this is actually really hard to land in a match. Cause everyone breakers. Most of my damage is from AA standing 1, random shoulders, and d1 axe. Only really applies on a full punish situation like a blocked smoke teleport.

During footsies I usually get a f3 starter and the arrow trap doesn't work on f3.