What's new

Armpit of the community

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I feel you, I always forget to start a party and this shit gets me so tilted like you have no idea.
Yeah he gets a ton of hatemail I don't play a lot of Kombat League especially this season cuz I don't particularly like the skins but I think it has something to do with Shangs zoning that triggers that response. Like it looks like he is just slapping out random shit when we know better as Shang mains.
I play on Kasual's with Kompetitive Mode on and use many characters including:

Cassie
Jax
Nightwolf
Liu Kang (as of 8 days ago)
Sub Zero (Thin Ice)
Jacqui 1st Round KO
Kotal
Kitana Highborn
Shang
And a few others and somehow I don't get hatemail even though I'm winning the majority?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yeah he gets a ton of hatemail I don't play a lot of Kombat League especially this season cuz I don't particularly like the skins but I think it has something to do with Shangs zoning that triggers that response. Like it looks like he is just slapping out random shit when we know better as Shang mains.
I play on Kasual's with Kompetitive Mode on and use many characters including:

Cassie
Jax
Nightwolf
Liu Kang (as of 8 days ago)
Sub Zero (Thin Ice)
Jacqui 1st Round KO
Kotal
Kitana Highborn
Shang
And a few others and somehow I don't get hatemail even though I'm winning the majority?
I think the reason people get hate mail is during the KL when they really want to win so things get heated. Especially if you shut down their shit and beat them. I got hatemail form a Kitana player, playing as Kano in like season 1. It was ridiculous.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
The future is different. The gap between online and offline isn't big at all. 3 frames of delay is kinda Nothing. I believe that in 10-15 years 95% of competition will be online.
3 frames can be enormous if it's in 1 player's favor and not the other especially when 2 players are almost perfectly evenly matched.... The player with the 3 frame advantage will likely be totally dominant opposed to if they would run 5-5's offline all decade

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Gotta learn to not let anything get to you and just play your game no matter what.

At this point I actually play better when someone talks smack, because I really start looking forward to fatalitying them after the match. I want to be smiling and sipping lemonade while they rage and salt out.

Just use it as fuel. Anyway, that mindset will really pay off in general when it comes to competitive games.
^This 100%.

I encourage my opponents to trash talk me. It makes it the tea so much sweeter when the bags drop.

Peace.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
3 frames can be enormous if it's in 1 player's favor and not the other especially when 2 players are almost perfectly evenly matched.... The player with the 3 frame advantage will likely be totally dominant opposed to if they would run 5-5's offline all decade
It’s a universal delay, not just for one player or the other.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
In 10-15 years the delay will be even lower. I don't recognize any difference between online and offline play at all. It's smooth as hell.

Also yea what @CrimsonShadow said

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
it's fun and hella enjoyable to humiliate big mouths a-holes in online fighting games, hehe :p
A quick recap of one such occurrence that I had last night.

"Let's see what you got, Lionheart."
beats me as Cassie with Nightwolf "Heheheh, that all you got?"
switch to Skarlet, beats loudmouth
"Alright, I got something for your zoning, lionHEART!"
switches to Noob
proceeds to get beaten down when he sees that I can do more than Tentacle and 212
"Come ON, MAN! Fight me! You just keep zoning me!"
gets beaten, teabagged

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Wi-Fi VS Wired is equal frame delay????
Yes, if the frame delay is adjusted, it affects both people. Also ping and frame delay don’t directly correlate.

Wifi is much more responsible for issues like packet loss, which is due to things entirely separate from input delay.

But yes, what you experience, the other player will as well — which is why a bad connection makes things terrible for both players.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Man I love talkers.

Nothing makes me laugh more in nrs games then the Mic function. Me and my son will play games some nights and he usually is playing music on YouTube but as soon as we see the little Mic icon all music goes off. Some if the shit that comes out of these sub humans is hella funny. Win loose it doesn't matter I get a real kick out of it.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Man I love talkers.

Nothing makes me laugh more in nrs games then the Mic function. Me and my son will play games some nights and he usually is playing music on YouTube but as soon as we see the little Mic icon all music goes off. Some if the shit that comes out of these sub humans is hella funny. Win loose it doesn't matter I get a real kick out of it.
You're streaming at the same time you play a fighting game that requires alot of bandwidth???

Is it just me or does anyone else start losing rounds when toxic assholes with a mic start talking shit?
I guess what I'm trying to say is why? At least once a day on Kombat league i run across some asshole that has to try to fuck my day up.
Yesterday i ran into a Kung lao that decided he was going to talk shit the whole set. I was beating this guy, but for some reason guys like this piss me off so bad that i can't think straight.
You would think since your winning and that your a better player that it wouldn't bother you, but it seriously scars my game when some random prick keeps on talking shit the entire match.
Does anyone else have this problem? I'm seriously thinking of doing what shujinkidink said and starting a party with myself so that i don't have to hear some asshole tell me what a shitty player i am while i beat him, but then if I do I will miss out on decent people being decent human beings when i come across one. Which almost makes it worth not muting your opponents mic.
It honestly baffles me how toxic alot of people in the mk community are.
It can make me lose, mostly because I play bad with a lot of noise outside of the mk ost. However if I beat you? I’m turning that volume up. Let me here them tears bruh. Ah yes cry some more.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Yesterday i ran into a Kung lao that decided he was going to talk shit the whole set. I was beating this guy, but for some reason guys like this piss me off so bad that i can't think straight.
Believe it or not, That's exactly what he was trying to do. Some people consider it a viable strategy to be a complete asshole in order to tilt the opponent. Their aim is to distract you and sabotage your momentum, If you can't keep your head in the game and ignore the rants then do as people suggested and join your own party. Unfortunately there is no other way around it since NRS don't give a damn about kombating toxicity, That's the one thing i'd give to Blizzard. You get suspended for as much calling someone a bad player in their games.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I cannot recommend this enough. It's one of the best tips I've ever received.

Shoot them a GG message if you enjoyed the match and interested in socializing. That way you control the convo and limit exposure to potential d bags.
I know this dates back a couple of days, but why does this even need to be a tip? There should just be an option for it.

Players have no idea who the other person is on the other end. They know nothing about the other person's likes, emotional fragility, age, race, gender, etc and they really, really don't care. Some people are just perfectly happy to roll into someone else's living room to start cussing them out knowing nothing. You are playing with people in a world where some think it's funny to slap dicks on create a character in a game kids play, or dress them up like the KKK just to get a rise out of others or because they like being mean.

Why is conversation not an opt-in, or even simple to opt out of? Why is turning off conversation as a whole not even possible? The only way to do it is to tell your PlayStation to start an alternative conversation you just happen to know won't have any conversation happening. It's something so hack you basically have to be told about it to even know it's possible. I seriously don't know how people that made the playstation said "let's do this thing" and then had some people at NRS go "Let's embrace this thing!" Now I have to remember to do some trick every time I play just because nobody is willing (we are way past ooops we forgot) to make a proper way to turn things off in, or out of game.

It just seems crazy to me in three games they haven't been open to the idea of even putting a "disallow in match chat" toggle in the options. It's got to be the biggest "I don't get what's going on here" thing in the games.

Man. I had no idea I was so worked up about this still. At least it lets me turn off rumble.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I know this dates back a couple of days, but why does this even need to be a tip? There should just be an option for it.

Players have no idea who the other person is on the other end. They know nothing about the other person's likes, emotional fragility, age, race, gender, etc and they really, really don't care. Some people are just perfectly happy to roll into someone else's living room to start cussing them out knowing nothing. You are playing with people in a world where some think it's funny to slap dicks on create a character in a game kids play, or dress them up like the KKK just to get a rise out of others or because they like being mean.

Why is conversation not an opt-in, or even simple to opt out of? Why is turning off conversation as a whole not even possible? The only way to do it is to tell your PlayStation to start an alternative conversation you just happen to know won't have any conversation happening. It's something so hack you basically have to be told about it to even know it's possible. I seriously don't know how people that made the playstation said "let's do this thing" and then had some people at NRS go "Let's embrace this thing!" Now I have to remember to do some trick every time I play just because nobody is willing (we are way past ooops we forgot) to make a proper way to turn things off in, or out of game.

It just seems crazy to me in three games they haven't been open to the idea of even putting a "disallow in match chat" toggle in the options. It's got to be the biggest "I don't get what's going on here" thing in the games.

Man. I had no idea I was so worked up about this still. At least it lets me turn off rumble.
I do remember watching on @JBeezYBabY's stream where someone made a character that was dressed as a KKK member.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
No the talking doesn't bother me because I can find ways to mute them. What I think is finally getting me is the teabagging. It took almost 10 years but it's finally getting to me. I wish there was a way to report it. Psn wants you to do it in game but you can't do that. Maybe if you could, this behavior would stop?

Last edited:

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Only 2 devices one wired and one WiFi.

Fibre optic internet it's all good bro
I'm curious if your opponents feel the same way.... I have played people with fiber and it lagged quite a bit trying keep up with my regular old Comcast Blast. I have not been impressed with fiber yet to be honest

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Got a lot of regular tekken training buddies and it's never been an issue.
I'm in australia and a few of them are in New Zealand.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Yes, if the frame delay is adjusted, it affects both people. Also ping and frame delay don’t directly correlate.

Wifi is much more responsible for issues like packet loss, which is due to things entirely separate from input delay.

But yes, what you experience, the other player will as well — which is why a bad connection makes things terrible for both players.
Funny how the wifi player always manages to nail optimals and whiff punishes with ease in those situations tho

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
It's like coupled with lag and people talking trash, it's a ragefest when it happens. For some reason kl was extra laggy last night, so forget anti airs and jailing. The more I tried to AA this guys wild jumpins at the end of the set and the more he talked shit, the more and more I got pissed. What's funny is that I shutdown everything this guy did. I punished all of his staggers, I full combo d1 punished his teleports and threw him on every safe string he used. And before it got so laggy that i couldn't anti air i popped him out of the air into full combo Everytime. And here this guy was calling me trash and at the end of the set he felt like he couldn't do anything without getting punished so he started wildly jumping in over and over again crossing over jump , jump, jump with the lag trying to anti air and getting hit by a jk over and over I got more and more angry.
I don't understand is it that people feel like they can't win unless they piss their opponent off? That's how it feels. Cause they are usually quiet until your just mopping the floor with them and then they start in with, YEP another throw, here we go same fuckin combo, learn a new combo [ban incoming]. Damn your trash bro, quit playing this game. Then to top it off when your so pissed that all competitive thinking and reaction is gone and you start losing they send you dirty messages when you barely lose to a 2% lifelead.
All I have to say is for all you out there that talk shit while playing the game. Try actually winning without putting your opponent on tilt. If your losing, do it with some god damn grace. Instead of teabagging and talking shit to get your wins cause if you can't get your wins without pissing people off, then your not doing something right.
I'm pretty sure I played this guy yesterday; he said something to me at the start of the set about mashing, I didn't quite catch it. But a jump and mashfest ensued with this guy jumping and mashing at every opportunity. I nearly won the game at which point he turned on his mic and started calling me a bitch. I lost control and started teabagging and mashing d2 just to infuriate him, which actually led to me losing the match. I've never been so salty