What's new

Armpit of the community

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I run into assholes literally everyday on KL xbox, it's horrible. Win or Lose, I get these little pricks talking big either on the mic or sending me messages saying "trash, I cheat with zoning or uninstall game" lmao....or trying to tell me how to play. I mean MK 9 had some Aholes but this game OMG like every day. These people would never have the balls to say this shit in person because I'd knock their teeth out. Pussies on the internet...it's one big reason MK 11 is not a fun game(aside from the many problems the game has) this only adds to it.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I always do private party but when I don't I sometimes bump into someone who mains the same characters I do and we add each other but the price to pay is getting trash talking neandrethals. There's so much hate IRL it shouldn't migrate into a hobbie we all enjoy. Shame.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
there should be an option in settings to mute mic completely. although. i just use private party. not sure how the xbox thing or switch works. I know my nephew who is 13 is always screaming at people and shooting the breeze.....but he is also 13. my age is well.....not applicable. lol.

In anything competitive you will have trash talking. It is actually used as a strategy in most cases to get the win. If it bothered you and you lost because of it then it worked for him. You can make your own private party and avoid it but Id recommend dealing with it and not letting it get to you. Just like learning a match-up. Get used to the fact that people will trash talk and beat them to shut em up.

xKMMx

Banned
Believe it or not, That's exactly what he was trying to do. Some people consider it a viable strategy to be a complete asshole in order to tilt the opponent. Their aim is to distract you and sabotage your momentum, If you can't keep your head in the game and ignore the rants then do as people suggested and join your own party. Unfortunately there is no other way around it since NRS don't give a damn about kombating toxicity, That's the one thing i'd give to Blizzard. You get suspended for as much calling someone a bad player in their games.
I tend to agree although I feel like it is a bit of a "dark art" I think shit talk and taunting is a good way to tilt your opponent and I don't really see anything wrong with it as long as its not personal about your opponent.
I'm sure a lot of people will tend to say its a bad thing to do or "bad sportsmanship". But it exists in almost any competitive arena be its sports or otherwise and is respected.
If your playing KL lets be honest you want to win. So whether you're a casual player or not you will be doing what you can to win.
I have trash talked a little online during sets but it's never personal it is always about the game and more specifically the match.
A lot of times I'll call someone out for D1 mashing or if they are grabbing a lot or basically doing anything predictable I'll start saying "here he goes he's gonna jump 3 into grab or here comes the raw Fatl blow ." The whole point is I don't want to deal with those tactics and when you start making certain players feel like your critical of their tactics in the course of the match and you are predicting their moves they want to prove you wrong and they get off their game plan. Even if they are winning with those tactics their ego gets involved and they want to show you they are capable of more.
Other times if I win a match during a set and someone backs up and goes to character select I'll chime in with "okay hurry up and pick Scorpion so you can Yolo teleport your way through the next match. "
SO in that way I feel trash talking is incredibly viable as long as its not disrespectful personally or vulgar.

xKMMx

Banned
In anything competitive you will have trash talking. It is actually used as a strategy in most cases to get the win. If it bothered you and you lost because of it then it worked for him. You can make your own private party and avoid it but Id recommend dealing with it and not letting it get to you. Just like learning a match-up. Get used to the fact that people will trash talk and beat them to shut em up.
Some of the most rewarding wins are those that come against a big mouth opponent talking shit.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I always do private party but when I don't I sometimes bump into someone who mains the same characters I do and we add each other but the price to pay is getting trash talking neandrethals. There's so much hate IRL it shouldn't migrate into a hobbie we all enjoy. Shame.
Yeah I do that too now if someone is yelling, blasting music or just running their mouth on mic. Also if the person is a dick or says teabags or something I immediately block them. I don't get the hostility though, people literally sending mail to strangers for losing or winning a game? Like what is wrong with people. This is actually one big reason why I like the switches no messaging system. I do believe they should allow messages with friends, but with strangers it shouldn't be allowed. Xbox has a filter system but it still goes through so it's pretty much irrelevant lol.

xKMMx

Banned
No the talking doesn't bother me because I can find ways to mute them. What I think is finally getting me is the teabagging. It took almost 10 years but it's finally getting to me. I wish there was a way to report it. Psn wants you to do it in game but you can't do that. Maybe if you could, this behavior would stop?
Honestly teabagging doesn't bother me at all. THe first game I have EVER played online at all was MKX. The first few times I got tbagged I didn't even know what it was.
Who cares if someone pushes down a bunch of times.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Honestly teabagging doesn't bother me at all. THe first game I have EVER played online at all was MKX. The first few times I got tbagged I didn't even know what it was.
Who cares if someone pushes down a bunch of times.
Honestly, I didn't used to bother me either. I think the combination of me being frustrated trying to learn a new character and feeling like I could've beat the dude with my Kano, it just got under my skin last night.

xKMMx

Banned
Honestly, I didn't used to bother me either. I think the combination of me being frustrated trying to learn a new character and feeling like I could've beat the dude with my Kano, it just got under my skin last night.
Believe me man I know that feeling all too well. The hardest part about learning a new character and playing rando's online is losing to people who you could easily beat with your main or a character your already comfortable with.

I always put on a private party before playing online. Whenever I see the mic icon, I just assume that they’re complimenting my excellent game play.

S+ Main

Noob
plug in the mic and put it to the speaker so he just hears himself, they will probably turn of the mic because they can hear themselves twice.