What's new

Armageddon Parsec Tier List?

With the new era of parsec helping revive some of the older MK games, I was curious if there's been a discussion as to what a new Armageddon tier list would look like. Most of the lists I've been able to find are over a decade old and talking online lag into account. I imagine there's some things that'll be the same, like Sareena being #1 for example, but I imagine that's there's got to be some characters who've gone up or down now that online lag can't be taken into account.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I recall testing this game offline what seems a long, long time ago and being pissed off at what I was fighting online. LOL.

Almost all top tier characters become worse offline, especially Sareena, whose skull bash is at least -60 on block.

The one exception is Dairou. While I have no doubt that the Tombstone Drop is easier to react to offline, Dairou has moves that are 100% safe offline. However, he performs poorly against the boss characters.

Perhaps @REO and @THTB can provide more information if they are still around. I believe they actually played this game offline at some point or another.

MK9

Noob
Dave still thinking dariou was great, he was great in your hands only, every other Dariou got owned,
Brc beat him in mkd except vs you.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Dave still thinking dariou was great, he was great in your hands only, every other Dariou got owned,
Brc beat him in mkd except vs you.
BRC was easier to use and harder to defend against than Dairou. If you did not know how to fuzzy guard, jutsu, break f+3 on reaction, etc. BRC was unbeatable.

Besides, the competitive community throughout Deception and Armageddon was virtually nonexistent. The vast majority of the player base consisted of casual gamers, boosters, and cheaters. Very few MK2 and UMK3 players played either game, and players from the FGC quit the games almost immediately because of how broken and shallow the games were. So the quantity of talent was lacking.

MK9

Noob
BRC was easier to use and harder to defend against than Dairou. If you did not know how to fuzzy guard, jutsu, break f+3 on reaction, etc. BRC was unbeatable.

Besides, the competitive community throughout Deception and Armageddon was virtually nonexistent. The vast majority of the player base consisted of casual gamers, boosters, and cheaters. Very few MK2 and UMK3 players played either game, and players from the FGC quit the games almost immediately because of how broken and shallow the games were. So the quantity of talent was lacking.
He was also the only one who could compete with Dairou

mkd was played with max flaws and still fun

if Mka was played with max flaws it would have been an infinite fest, even though offline was actually worse