What's new

Tech Ares mb teleport tech and set ups

so does character have any legit tech with his ports, or are they strait up gimmicks?
I believe he has frametraps & mixups and frametraps that lead into mixups with it. It's also a decent guessing game against most characters, trying to figure out where he's going to appear on the screen. That's as far as I know. Anyone else wanna add anything?

P3irce

Noob
so does character have any legit tech with his ports, or are they strait up gimmicks?
I always think of ares as a gimmick character, if you can play a smart / yolo style you can do pretty well. That being said you really have to make good reads with him

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Not only that I have that listed in my BnB thread...but like P3irce said, it isn't that good to spend a bar in combos except for 3,D2/EX God Smack combos where you get 47-50% damage.

P3irce

Noob
This is an 'ares mb tele' thread, so i just posted my bnb using it.

6% for 1 bar seems pretty standard
If we are being real ares mb tele should be used to either catch people off guard, used at the end of strings to keep pressure, or used in a combo to end a match, the latter is the least efficient imo. But there's still a to n that we don't know about ares so who know maybe there's a better combo that will yield higher damage idk we do appreciate people their posting combos it's just nice to debate the pros and cons

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Wasn't it already mentioned that mb teleport in combo is usefull in some cases?
-when you dont have trait up but its about to come back
-when you're near a background interactable, cause thats 50% damage
-when you're near corner for bigger damage or get your opponent in corner
-to end a match

P3irce

Noob
Wasn't it already mentioned that mb teleport in combo is usefull in some cases?
-when you dont have trait up but its about to come back
-when you're near a background interactable, cause thats 50% damage
-when you're near corner for bigger damage or get your opponent in corner
-to end a match
This is is all my belief but gambling if your trait is actually gonna be ready if you mb tele is risky, you'd need really good awareness to consistently pull that off, there are meter less trait combos for 50% with background it's still 5-6% more plus background reset, that's just another meter that could be used better, and I guess if you wanted to get them in the corner/ you get out of the corner that work well, I'm not sure how much more damage you can get cause I like resets in the corner. And I mentioned earlier that to end a round / game go ahead I would. This is all my opinion on that

4x4lo8o

Noob
This is is all my belief but gambling if your trait is actually gonna be ready if you mb tele is risky, you'd need really good awareness to consistently pull that off, there are meter less trait combos for 50% with background it's still 5-6% more plus background reset, that's just another meter that could be used better, and I guess if you wanted to get them in the corner/ you get out of the corner that work well, I'm not sure how much more damage you can get cause I like resets in the corner. And I mentioned earlier that to end a round / game go ahead I would. This is all my opinion on that
What meterless combos are doing 50%?

P3irce

Noob
What meterless combos are doing 50%?
I mean like any trait combo ~ 30-40% then background reset= ~50% I could of worded it better so I apologize, but I do think that given the map a trait combo plus something like metropolis gun background could be 50% and then car reset

Edit

Also depending on the range of where you hit the trait combo, the corner can add ~5-7 % more damage if you reach it