What's new

Tech Ares - Guaranteed Reset (Character Specific) by InFlames

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I was getting out of it with DS. Window must be tight. I would probably not respect the setup at all until I was made to in that case.
You're doing it wrong. I was doing it 10/10 against Sword Flip punishing with 3,D2 afterwards, therefore, no respect...unless you have Super.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Have you guys tested delayed reversals to see how they may or may not interact with this. I know in some cases a delayed reversal would give you more time to punish... but Deathstroke using delayed reversals could escape, maybe?

InFlames

dead
I was getting out of it with DS. Window must be tight. I would probably not respect the setup at all until I was made to in that case.
DS is more risk reward, there's 3 scenarios that can happen.

You hit too close and Sword Flip punishes
You hit right in the middle and Sword Flip goes over you for a free 3d2 or 112 punish
You hit far and you're able to block Sword Flip and punish

Then again its not that big of a risk to eat a wake up.

@Ne'er-do-well I've tried delayed wake ups on them all. They can't get out unless (see above) you hit too close.

Last edited:

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Does anyone know if Ares can punish Cyborgs super? I forgot to test his.
Ares can not punish, Cyborg's super is him charging with his arm full screen and it hits mid. First I have seen it in a year lol.

Last edited:

Vagrant

Noob
DS is more risk reward, there's 3 scenarios that can happen.

You hit too close and Sword Flip punishes
You hit right in the middle and Sword Flip goes over you for a free 3d2 or 112 punish
You hit far and you're able to block Sword Flip and punish

Then again its not that big of a risk to eat a wake up.

@Ne'er-do-well I've tried delayed wake ups on them all. They can't get out unless (see above) you hit too close.
Yeah that's still pretty significant. Especially because even if I land a flip. A HKD against ares isn't that significant because his tele wakeups are pretty good.

I should really learn this matchup more.

Thanks for the explanation.