What's new

Tech Ares - Guaranteed Reset (Character Specific) by InFlames

Mr Aquaman

Protector of the Realms
Lead Moderator
I couldnt get it to beat out crowbar, but i got it to frame perfect the flower. But you guys have to understand, it has to be frame perfect with a 45 frame move in order to cleanly knock out of a non fully invis wu. Its a bitch, for instant i had trouble beating jokers crowbar with this setup. But in the corner, certain juggles into d2d2 godsmack beat out the WU cleanly for full combo, as well as a mid screen one ending with like a simple f2,3 then GS. If my tournament life was on the line id go with my BNB and put a bastard full screen to hold my axe while i gain abit of meter. Will look into this against sinestro though, cause fuck that character. @Hysteria @Qwark28

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I'm thinking that NW might have trouble getting out of it since his only fully invincible wakeup is escrima fury.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
May mean another bad mu for sinestro. But doesn't matter. I'll continue to pummel this shitter into the depths of hell.

Mr Aquaman

Protector of the Realms
Lead Moderator
I was punishing it with scoop. Confused.
all timing and spacing lol, like i said its all frame and timing specific, delaying it too long is a actual punish, which means it should be back dashable or jumpable at the same time, where as looking for that coupe frame window that stuffs the wu like a meaty normal, posting a vid right now on aqua

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I couldnt get it to beat out crowbar, but i got it to frame perfect the flower. But you guys have to understand, it has to be frame perfect with a 45 frame move in order to cleanly knock out of a non fully invis wu. Its a bitch, for instant i had trouble beating jokers crowbar with this setup. But in the corner, certain juggles into d2d2 godsmack beat out the WU cleanly for full combo, as well as a mid screen one ending with like a simple f2,3 then GS. If my tournament life was on the line id go with my BNB and put a bastard full screen to hold my axe while i gain abit of meter. Will look into this against sinestro though, cause fuck that character. @Hysteria @Qwark28
So basically, unless I do a stupidly vulnerable move you can just train to stuff my wakeup.

Can't I quickrise d2 d2 in the corner to escape the godsmack? That's basic shit with Joker, I know there's no guaranteed shit from that with GS

Mr Aquaman

Protector of the Realms
Lead Moderator
So basically, unless I do a stupidly vulnerable move you can just train to stuff my wakeup.

Can't I quickrise d2 d2 in the corner to escape the godsmack? That's basic shit with Joker, I know there's no guaranteed shit from that with GS
d2 d2 GS beats your WU's in the corner if you get them out, if the juggle is right. different juggles result in different WU windows cause the more you juggle the quicker you wake up

Mr Aquaman

Protector of the Realms
Lead Moderator
So in the corner its a 50 50 on techroll/late stand depending on which gs u do?
yeah, the 50/50 if you either waking up or tech rolling, because of my scrubbiness i always go for far GS cause its the easiest input and i love doing the flashy b3 combo back into the corner, so you see people tech roll mine alot, but yeah close gs leaves you with WU only but it will eat the WU and punish still

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
yeah, the 50/50 if you either waking up or tech rolling, because of my scrubbiness i always go for far GS cause its the easiest input and i love doing the flashy b3 combo back into the corner, so you see people tech roll mine alot, but yeah close gs leaves you with WU only but it will eat the WU and punish still
Ok, so d2 d2 in the corner

if you do close gs i roll
far gs i wakeup?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I am assuming this is going to rape NW in Escrima as well. The recovery on Escrima fury would guarantee a least a free jump in for ares if not a full combo punish. Flip kick does not have invincibility frames, and I don't know if Staff spin will reach in time. Flying Grayson should get out tho.