What's new

Ares "God of War" Appears in Injustice Comic #9

It should note Ares doesn´t die, he is just trapped to the ground so my guess is lex luther makes a deal with Ares to set him free if his helps him stop superman/WW.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Wow, is anyone else surprised at how much weaker Ares is compared to WW? I mean, is she supposed to be that much stronger?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Wow, is anyone else surprised at how much weaker Ares is compared to WW? I mean, is she supposed to be that much stronger?
Well she didn't really do anything, Ares was about to fuck her up, then Superman sucker punched him, then she stabbed him well he was on the ground.

This comic is not doing WW any favors, she is coming off as kind of a total douchebag.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Well she didn't really do anything, Ares was about to fuck her up, then Superman sucker punched him, then she stabbed him well he was on the ground.

This comic is not doing WW any favors, she is coming off as kind of a total douchebag.
Oh cool. I was afraid Ares would just end up being a jobber. But this killed his chances of being the final boss though.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I dunno if this kills his final boss chances, personally. Big bad mystical entity with a tremendous chip on his shoulder against Supes and WW?

I wouldn't underestimate the wrath of a vengeful God.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I'm still confused. Are they going to implement rounds in the final product of the game or is it just two life bars?

No IGAU has no rounds... If you remember Killer Instinct the health bars work that way....

Think of it like this... In Injustice You start off with a Silver Health Bar... Once that has been destroyed you get a new Red Health Bar.. .Once that Red Health Bar is destroyed you are dead.

So you can kind of consider the "Silver Health Bar" as Round 1 in MK and then you can consider the "Red Health Bar" as Rounds 2 and 3 combined.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Spoiler Alert* Well... WW and Supes do this....

So Supes Punches his horn off, then WW chops Ares' hand off and then drives her sword into his spine and through the ground... Killing Ares or as they say, hes fades away (cant die as a god)

[spoiler/]

Justice

Noob
People stopped asking Capcom story questions a long time ago. They can't even decide if Poison's a dude or not.
Do you have any idea how much Capcom would lose in free publicity if they gave a difinitive answer to that question? Poison is the biggest and most successful marketing gimmick since the invention of "Sex Sells".

But, about Arez. I personally don't care if he's in or not. If he is included, I'd rather him be an unplayable mini-boss.

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
But, about Arez. I personally don't care if he's in or not. If he is included, I'd rather him be an unplayable mini-boss.
Seeing how he got his ass clobbered by Superman/Wonder Woman, I don't think he'd be very imposing as any boss-type character. Unless maybe there is something that happens in the story that powers him up significantly.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I'm not seeing the latest issue yet on the DC Comixology app. Where are you guys finding this stuff?

The only reason I could see Ares as a final bossis if the regime start killing off every villian/hero fighting against them and in the end he will raise them from the dead and you will have to fight them all over again...

But we know from one of the magazine that you see Ares in one of the first chapters, and from there on we wont see him until the end... that seems a little odd. We also know from the trailer that after 5 years the biggest theard is still superman so it seems very unlikey that Ares is the final boss

It should also note that in the comic he said that the war had fuel him to become stronger then Zues and they still took him down like he was nothing.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Seeing how he got his ass clobbered by Superman/Wonder Woman, I don't think he'd be very imposing as any boss-type character. Unless maybe there is something that happens in the story that powers him up significantly.
Perhaps the insurgency that takes years to come out of hiding after building up?

Edit: I meant the fighting that goes on between the two sides.

NeverAsked4This

Perhaps the insurgency that takes years to come out of hiding after building up?

Edit: I meant the fighting that goes on between the two sides.
Probably, but in the comic Ares was already powered by war when he got beat down. He even said that the war around them was fueling him and that "Zeus himself could not stand against me here." Then shortly after saying that, he got torn up like a nobody.

If Ares does get a power-up and becomes a final boss, something tells me it will be more than just his typical "war" power-up that gives him that sort of power, since it didn't seem to do him much good here.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Probably, but in the comic Ares was already powered by war when he got beat down. He even said that the war around them was fueling him and that "Zeus himself could not stand against me here." Then shortly after saying that, he got torn up like a nobody.

If Ares does get a power-up and becomes a final boss, something tells me it will be more than just his typical "war" power-up that gives him that sort of power, since it didn't seem to do him much good here.
Thinking about his character, you can see why he has an interest in what is going on. Superman is literally stopping ALL war and violence on the planet. I don't know if Ares retains his power when it is "absorbed" or if it begins to wane as less war and violence takes place around him. We will see though....

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.

NeverAsked4This

Thinking about his character, you can see why he has an interest in what is going on. Superman is literally stopping ALL war and violence on the planet. I don't know if Ares retains his power when it is "absorbed" or if it begins to wane as less war and violence takes place around him. We will see though....
I remember a few people theorizing that Injustice might involve alternate dimensions/timelines, so maybe the war between the Regime and Insurgency is repeated over several alternate dimensions and Ares is somehow able to channel the power of all those wars over an infinite number of dimensions (or something like that). That should make him pretty damn powerful.

Like you said, he definitely has a motive. I doubt Ares is just gonna sit by himself trapped like how they left him in the comics. Even if he isn't a boss, he's definitely gonna cook up some sort of scheme to take advantage of the situation.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I said it once and I'll say it again.Ares has the potencial to be the catalyst and the reason why every fighter seems to be in equal ground AKA why Batman survives being punched into space.
What I think is gonna happen is that Ares will return and try to help Batman's side, giving them some power to have some chance against Superman and his gang. Ares will want to make the world as it was before. Batman will not have other choice, but to join him with some kind of a deal that probably will go wrong later.