What's new

Ares "God of War" Appears in Injustice Comic #9

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
At this point of the comic book, it really makes me wonder how Ares could be in tomorrow's issue. Is it because he is fueled by all the anger and fear with the upcoming war brewing between Superman's Regime and the governements of the world?

And honestly, I think he's playable. It'd just make sense because all the other characters revealed in that magazine months ago have ended up being playable.

PS: Yooooo, that front page ninja edit by Storms lol. I feel so violated in the sexiest way possible.

But they said there was a reason in this game.
Yep. In a really early interview, I think in Comic Con if I'm not mistaken, Hector straight up said that it will be explained why characters like Harley could stand a chance against Superman in the story.

Also someone tweeted if it'll be explained in the story to Ed Boon and he replied with just flat out "Yes".

EGGXI

Scary Bat
At this point of the comic book, it really makes me wonder how Ares could be in tomorrow's issue. Is it because he is fueled by all the anger and fear with the upcoming war brewing between Superman's Regime and the governements of the world?

And honestly, I think he's playable. It'd just make sense because all the other characters revealed in that magazine months ago have ended up being playable.

PS: Yooooo, that front page ninja edit by Storms lol. I feel so violated in the sexiest way possible.

Yep. In a really early interview, I think in Comic Con if I'm not mistaken, Hector straight up said that it will be explained why characters like Harley could stand a chance against Superman in the story.

Also someone tweeted if it'll be explained in the story to Ed Boon and he replied with just flat out "Yes".
I can see it having something to do with the fact that Wonder Woman has become a conqueror of mankind in a way, sort of in the way Ares hoped? I don't think he'll be a boss at all, he'll just be a character.

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer

I just hope it's not something vague and corny like The Rage™ from MK vs DC.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I'm still confused. Are they going to implement rounds in the final product of the game or is it just two life bars?
Just two life bars. If you lose one, your opponent will still is on the first bar. No rounds, just a brief pause in between lifebars where players give each other space kind of like how in between rounds in MK9 work.

It's the style Killer Instincts and Darkstalkers used. It's unforgiving, but it brings the hype anyway you look at it.

**SPOILER ALERT**

Just read Injustice 9. Ares looks AWESOME! His suit is like a light brown/grey and he has these horn like things. But his outfit looks pretty much the same as other Ares. Im not sure if he will be playable though since what happens near the end.....

**SPOILER ALERT**

Just read Injustice 9. Ares looks AWESOME! His suit is like a light brown/grey and he has these horn like things. But his outfit looks pretty much the same as other Ares. Im not sure if he will be playable though since what happens near the end.....
Got a link where you got the issue from ?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
He looks pretty good, pretty much the same as the first image in the is topic, armour might be a bit more spikey.

Ares' possible in-game motivations/story and spoilers, for those don't read the comic.
His primary motivation in-game is stopping the Superman and Wonder Woman getting together/having a child. Ares fears they will cease all wars and what that would mean for the God of War. Plus he thinks their potential kid would be way too powerful. He seems stronger than Wonder Woman, but not Superman. Wonder Woman stabs Ares, but remarks that gods don't die so easy. She also cuts off his hand and keeps it.

So he's probably either Batman/Insurgency or his own side, I can see him recruiting Doomsday/Grundy/Bane to use as strong warriors in hopes of crushing WW and Supes.