What's new

Are you happy with your main? Or did you settle...?

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
That's what I've been hearing. But doesn't Pigs play motivate you at all with Kenshi? He seems to place well AFAIK.
He wins with pure out playing the opponent. In one of the tourneys against king. He struggles so hard to make him work. Pig is just a amazing player I'm glad he can get him to somewhat work. But I'm not good enough to deal with what kenshi lacks.

Beach

La mejor playa
I played Quan Chi in MK9, but for some reason just didn't like how he plays in MKX so for now I play Erron Black but I've found Kano to be vastly more fun to play as.

D

Deleted member 9158

Well for me, noob isn't in the game so I couldn't play him, and I don't like mileena in this game so I dropped her. However, quan-chi has been awesome for me, as I've been playing his warlock variation. I maimed him in mk9 so he is my only main to survive. I just started messing with his sorcerror variation, he has a lot of depth.

Jason vorhees also turned out to be awesome and feels natural to me.

KYJellyDonut

Custom Stick Junkie
Always liked Scorpion, Always Played Scorpion. Love em. I love grappler/rushdown so like everyone else on earth i'm playing Jason as well right now learning his tech...but scorpion...always scorpion.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I am very happy with Cassie, but unhappy with my performance with her. I'm satisfied with my combos and disappointed with my neutral even though it's improving. I get very impatient and frustrated easily when people keep me out. I'm so hungry for the damage and I need to learn how to make people come to me more often.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
This is a really interesting question actually. Does anyone ever really get what they're looking for in their fighter in a 100% complete fashion? No. We have to work towards being the most efficient with what we have. I think you should stick with Jax.
Yeah..you're probably right.

I haven't even taken Jax online. I can't imagine anyone landing that midscreen run stuff consistently. It does suck, man....I agree. I say stick with him and hope for some netcode improvements. I picked up Kotal Kahn because I find his combos pretty online-friendly, but I still hit the lab with Jax as much as possible. I have NO ONE to play offline, so online is my only option, which totally sucks.
That's my issue as well, I have 0 scene here other than that odd retro tournament. Maybe instead of complaining I can get pro-active and start to develop a scene.

I'm leaning towards sticking with the Jax, there will be alot of losses but... whatever.

Your favourite character is Jax and your name is Quan Chi and your avatar is Ermac...

I don't even know what's going on anymore.
Sorry.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
My best gal didn't make the cut, so I've settled with Mileena, (and I am enjoying playing as her)
Even in the week before launch I had no idea, and there was a moment where I just sat looking at character select, and was completely blah.
It was a toss-up between Mileena, Sonya and D'Vorah (who is my sub).

My favorite characters are bad.

The good characters aren't that appealing to me.

Cyrax, sektor, smoke, and kabal aren't in the game.

What's a main? :(

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
I love my character, he suits my style of play and even better is that when the game dropped everyone who said theyd main him dropped him in favor of other characters and with determination I now have people im playing say "Fuck this characters hes so cheap....Im gonna pick him up he looks fun" #missionaccomplished

J1gabyte

Noob
This is my main my problem. The fact online makes his midscreen nearly impossible... Do online Jaxs even bother with the midscreen stuff?
There's no way I'll ever get the run cancel consistently online, so no, i don't bother. i just try to get them in the corner. even once they're there though, it's still hard to connect the 11s consistently.

I love my character, he suits my style of play and even better is that when the game dropped everyone who said theyd main him dropped him in favor of other characters and with determination I now have people im playing say "Fuck this characters hes so cheap....Im gonna pick him up he looks fun" #missionaccomplished
No one dropped kung jin. Lolol jk

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
I am very happy with Cassie, but unhappy with my performance with her. I'm satisfied with my combos and disappointed with my neutral even though it's improving. I get very impatient and frustrated easily when people keep me out. I'm so hungry for the damage and I need to learn how to make people come to me more often.
Are you on PS4 or Xbone? We need to play sometime. Also very happy with my main.

Last edited:

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
There's no way I'll ever get the run cancel consistently online, so no, i don't bother. i just try to get them in the corner. even once they're there though, it's still hard to connect the 11s consistently.
I'm sure with practice the 11s will work. But as for the run cancels... that'll be tough, but i'm certain it isn't impossible.

I've always been a Raiden person so it was a no-brainer. Fortunately he feels pretty solid so far in this new release so I'm happy :)

BookBurning

Voidwards
Happy and settled at the same time. As long as Rain isn't in the game, I'm not happy, or as happy as I could be but I subed Jax in 9 so it's not so bad to main him.

I'm looking out for Tremor to be my new main if I like him upon release.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
That's what I've been hearing. But doesn't Pigs play motivate you at all with Kenshi? He seems to place well AFAIK.
The kenshi community is in a deep depression right now, I'll sticking with him, but he only has keep away that is not good, a majority of the cast can punish his zoning full screen.... For a zoning character let me tell you that THAT IS BAD. Especially when he relies on that chip damage

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
The kenshi community is in a deep depression right now, I'll sticking with him, but he only has keep away that is not good, a majority of the cast can punish his zoning full screen.... For a zoning character let me tell you that THAT IS BAD. Especially when he relies on that chip damage
Is Possessed the same way? Is their a variation he can use that doesn't rely solely on zoning? Kenshi is a bad-ass it's depressing to see how he turned out (so far) for you guys.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Is Possessed the same way? Is their a variation he can use that doesn't rely solely on zoning? Kenshi is a bad-ass it's depressing to see how he turned out (so far) for you guys.
Possessed zoning is even worse than balanced, and kenjitsu it Rush down and has a joke of a vortex that takes way to much meter to get damage that is worth it, and his normals don't support the rush down play style, all his normals are slow as fuck and unsafe. All 3 variations he has are garbage. He is one of those characters that seems really good at first but once you take a big bite, you just raised you bit into a giant pile of shit.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Possessed zoning is even worse than balanced, and kenjitsu it Rush down and has a joke of a vortex that takes way to much meter to get damage that is worth it, and his normals don't support the rush down play style, all his normals are slow as fuck and unsafe. All 3 variations he has are garbage. He is one of those characters that seems really good at first but once you take a big bite, you just raised you bit into a giant pile of shit.
Hopefully he gets a buff. I can't see him not getting a buff it's just a matter of when. So in your opinion his main problem is his normals?