What's new

Are interactables too good?

Are Interactables currently a little too powerful?

• Yes

Votes: 131 77.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 22.5%

• Total voters

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
obviously because the combos are cheap too. I mean, they knocked you down and used positional advantage to take more damage, so cheap and broken tho

(i hate interactables but just saying lol)
You had a shot and failed at blocking the combo. You never had a shot at blocking the interactable that follows the combo. Big difference.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You had a shot and failed at blocking the combo. You never had a shot at blocking the interactable that follows the combo. Big difference.
But it's part of the combo. Therefore it's the same thing. If you didn't block the combo and there's an interactable you're going to get hit by it if they can reach it.

Learn to set up.

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
But it's part of the combo. Therefore it's the same thing. If you didn't block the combo and there's an interactable you're going to get hit by it if they can reach it.

Learn to set up.
It's not part of the combo. It comes after the combo.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
It's not part of the combo. It comes after the combo.
My bad. It's part of the set-up. Add that it's really only inescapable if it's a hard knockdown, so it's still more or less you're fault for getting hit by it. Use something with invincible wake-up frames, armor and punish, etc etc

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Stchamps way to discredit ECT as a whole. That shit needs to stop.

And KL dominated early. He was still good, but didn't win nearly as much after some time. Kabal still won a lot, though, but his placement was a lot more sporadic than predicted.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
The interactables remind me of getting in to a fight at a bar. I'm not there for honor or victory, I'm there to win and for survival. If there is a weapon, you're stupid not to use it. I also believe if somebody throws a car at me, it should take off quite a bit of my life........just saying

If I see an option to turn something that reduces the overall skill level off, I will immediately do so.

Would it make it more fun to watch? Who knows?
Would it increase the skill needed? For sure.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
If I see an option to turn something that reduces the overall skill level off, I will immediately do so.

Would it make it more fun to watch? Who knows?
Would it increase the skill needed? For sure.
Do you know how many people go for interactables, miss and get blown up for it? There is strategy involved in it as well but if you really hate it do what you gotta do

haketh

Noob
Interactables being on doesn't make the game random in any sense. All interactables are fixed adn the ones that respawn respawn at a fixed rate. If you're on a stage like Metropilis Rooftop and you're low on life and put yourself in a bad position to get hit by one you fucked up. It's nowehre close to the problem items made in Smash with some being so broken it was almost instant win *Fan*, items were random spawns, and some capsules could randomly explode.

ApertureBlack

Do you know how many people go for interactables, miss and get blown up for it? There is strategy involved in it as well but if you really hate it do what you gotta do

Honestly, in most of the high level matches streamed here many people cannot avoid them. You watch a fight on Watchtower in comparison to a fight on Gotham and its like night and day. Alot of fights are determined simply by who is closest to the respawning/multiple use/huge hitbox thing.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Honestly, in most of the high level matches streamed here many people cannot avoid them. You watch a fight on Watchtower in comparison to a fight on Gotham and its like night and day. Alot of fights are determined simply by who is closest to the respawning/multiple use/huge hitbox thing.
Well, I play Bane, a supposedly low tier char so maybe I'm biased cause if I can throw a big car at GL and get in, I'm gonna do it. And if I get hit, I fucked up somewhere and deserved it

ApertureBlack

Well, I play Bane, a supposedly low tier char so maybe I'm biased cause if I can throw a big car at GL and get in, I'm gonna do it. And if I get hit, I fucked up somewhere and deserved it
The problem is more them using it to keep you out.

Nobody like watching zoning for a bit, the defender getting close/mid, only to get thrown back by an unblockable 20% damage full screen hitbox.

Bane is a flawed character anyways. In no instance does a character need an intractable to get in.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Bane is a flawed character anyways. In no instance does a character need an intractable to get in.
I guess we agree to disagree on both. There are many times I start off and have an advantage of an interactable and it puts the fear of god into the other player. And sometimes it's the opposite and I need to use an armored charge to run through, it's all about strategy to me. Again, agree to disagree it's fine:)

Error

DF2+R2
"Interactables allow scrubby players to win more than they should"
Yet REO, Tom Brady, Aris, GGA and etc are still dominating and not losing to random "scrubs"

Sure some interactables should be toned down/fixed but there's no need to ban all of them because you're incapable of incorporating them into your game.

Oh yeah and #BuffMobilityInteractables

ApertureBlack

I guess we agree to disagree on both. There are many times I start off and have an advantage of an interactable and it puts the fear of god into the other player. And sometimes it's the opposite and I need to use an armored charge to run through, it's all about strategy to me. Again, agree to disagree it's fine:)

Meh, I find it much better to watch/play a game when two players dont worry about 15% giant unblockable hitboxes of doom.

Honestly, Id either make em blockable with decent chip, or just turn em off.

haketh

Noob
All I saw during the last weekend during metropilis Rooftop were people constantly putting themselves in dumb situations when they should know a robot is coming. How is the game taking any skill out fo situations when you should know whats on the stage, whats coming, when it's coming, and your opponents options with it. Yeah interactables need to be tweaked a bit, some hitboxes need a reduction and damage being cut makes sense and possibly being able to MB for armor can go.

If throwable interactables were blockable no one would use them because they'd be far to unsafe for not much reward if they hit.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
whether intractable should be nerfed or not, I think everyone can agree they're scrubby as fuck just like 80% of this game.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
whether intractable should be nerfed or not, I think everyone can agree they're scrubby as fuck just like 80% of this game.
I never understood this. Why do people who feel the game is "scrubby" even bother playing? I'm not even trying to troll I just don't understand the logic. If I hate doing something I just........stop doing it

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I never understood this. Why do people who feel the game is "scrubby" even bother playing? I'm not even trying to troll I just don't understand the logic. If I hate doing something I just........stop doing it
Well if you had reading comprehension you would understand that I never said I hated this game. I just stated interractables are scrubby just like a lot of other shit in this game.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Well if you had reading comprehension you would understand that I never said I hated this game. I just stated interractables are scrubby just like a lot of other shit in this game.
I wasn't rude so need to be either. I did state it wasn't a troll post. You also 100% dodged my question: If the game is "scrubby" why play it? My reading comprehension is on point, maybe take your time and read mine