What's new

Discussion Are 50/50s really the dominant offensive strategy in MKX?

What has been the dominant offensive strategy in MKX's life?

• Total voters

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I think the most dominant offensive strategy is pressing buttons. I win infinitely more of my matches when I press buttons vs not pressing buttons.

Seriously though, are we really saying a character that uses blockstrings(all of them) and staggers(fucking everyone) somehow means 50/50s aren't incredibly prevalent and strong in mkx?
Sorry, did my post say that 50/50s weren't strong or prevalent in MKX?

trufenix

bye felicia
i like that 10 minutes before the patch everyone is finally making peace with the game. Like when your wife makes you clean the house spotless right before you throw a party, cause one day of responsibility somehow makes up for months and months of not giving a shit.

i like that 10 minutes before the patch everyone is finally making peace with the game. Like when your wife makes you clean the house spotless right before you throw a party, cause one day of responsibility somehow makes up for months and months of not giving a shit.
Lol, I seriously doubt they'll take away any 50/50's honestly.

trufenix

bye felicia
Lol, I seriously doubt they'll take away any 50/50's honestly.
They will remove some, they will create others. 50/50s are in every game. Every version. Every patch. MKX is just the first (and its not really the first, but the first for us) where 2-3 guesses is the game.

People don't hate 50/50s. People hate MKX. There's a difference.

trufenix

bye felicia
Yea but I honestly think people who hate mkx hate it BECAUSE of the ridiculous 50/50's.
well, i mean that's what MKX is. They didn't you know, make a game with really sweet zoning and footsies then accidentally put overbearing pressure mechanics for 90% of the characters in.

It's like playing Marvel and not using assists, or playing tekken and refusing to sidestep because it "ruins the game". That is the game. If you hate it play something else.

well, i mean that's what MKX is. They didn't you know, make a game with really sweet zoning and footsies then accidentally put overbearing pressure mechanics for 90% of the characters in.

It's like playing Marvel and not using assists, or playing tekken and refusing to sidestep because it "ruins the game". That is the game. If you hate it play something else.
Yea I agree, that's mkx for you. But hopefully the patch makes it better. I for one don't want to play other games aside from SF 5, that's why patches are important.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Obviously this game is a dumpster fire of insane block strings and 50 50s. I'm sorry but it truly gets me salty being vortexed and guessing wrong, or being plus framed to death.

Also Alien is a space control character? Yeah he definitely controls dat space with dat untouchable f4 and b3 :DOGE

Also "mixup" doesn't always pertain to 50 50s like cockner said. Alien's rekka's and Mileena's staggers are insane mixups which leads to you making a read/guess and succeeding or failing. Obviously not as RNG as 50 50s are, but still a dangerous but fair meta game.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Almost every good character has a 50/50 minus Cage. Current low tiers like Lao and Tanya and Kenshi don't. Mid tiers like Sub rely on 50/50 corner rape or Erron Black who's got the mix as well. Every current top tier but Cage can mix, but his block pressure makes up for it obviously.

Characters like Alien, Sonya, Mileena, Cuttroat and Demo are characters with a great base moveset AND are given the ability to mix.

Characters like Sub, Scorpion, or Reptile are when characters have a strong 50/50 OR (as in not both) strong base set.

Characters like Kenjutsu or Cryomancer where you can mix but your neutral is dog shit.

So to say it is only mixing that is good isn't really right imo, but it should also be said that most of the better characters in the game have them it can't be a coincidence.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Almost every good character has a 50/50 minus Cage. Current low tiers like Lao and Tanya and Kenshi don't. Mid tiers like Sub rely on 50/50 corner rape or Erron Black who's got the mix as well. Every current top tier but Cage can mix,
Cage does have some 50/50s. d4 doesn't lead to combos but some of the mixups do

Meep8345

Noob
Ultimately 50/50's are the best imo. Staggers are also very good but really there is very little thought with a character such as ct Kano where it doesn't matter if they guess right because you have to guess again(even meterless lmao)... With staggers you have to make more reads kinda especially if it's negative on block. it's much easier to condition or just outright derp a win with a 50/50 then to open people up with staggers. I think safe 50/50's is the best offense overall