What's new

Guide Archery's A Hobby - Green Arrow Living Combo Thread

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
Natas that stuff was sick. I'm jealous as Hell you have that Arrow skin too. Hope to see you and the rest of the OBS up and running the show again soon.
yo that arrow skin is sick :)
slick stuff natas, keep the swag koming!
will do
Dude NICE, we need more creativity like this to keep this game hype lol
thanx i been known to be pretty creative for along time now if you havent seen my freddy combos you can see i try to think out of the box.
Happy to see a Natas video on Tym again. Good shit man.
thanx bro

Seapeople

This one's for you
I really liked the 56% 2 bars, good stuff there.

Not to take anything away from Natas, but why is this being made an article when I've posted a lot of the same stuff & more that has gone almost unnoticed?
http://testyourmight.com/threads/green-arrow-labwork.32251/
http://testyourmight.com/threads/you-have-failed-this-community-quick-green-arrow-video.30512/

The only reason I'm bringing this up is because I could name at least 10 other times that the same kind of thing has happened. In general it seems that the mods only like to promote people who are well known which is sad. I'm kind of glad I barely come here anymore lol. Again I don't want to take anything away from Natas because this is a cool video.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator

Not to take anything away from Natas, but why is this being made an article when I've posted a lot of the same stuff & more that has gone almost unnoticed?
http://testyourmight.com/threads/you-have-failed-this-community-quick-green-arrow-video.30512/

The only reason I'm bringing this up is because I could name at least 10 other times that the same kind of thing has happened. In general it seems that the mods only like to promote people who are well known which is sad. I'm kind of glad I barely come here anymore lol. Again I don't want to take anything away from Natas because this is a cool video.
At least he didn't make a thread saying there was an infinite where it wasn't.

That may or may not had something to do with GA being nerfed.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya

Sorry bout the choppy quality

Inputs - (Electric) B4 b3 d2 db4 d1 4, 111 or jump2 111 Super b3 jump 3 223 trait load

also can do double b3 for 68% un clashable

Hope you like didnt see it in the forums so thought id post it

Aslo electric is his best arrow, ill do up electric at sweep distance predicting a jump and only a couple of characters can punish it, on reaction you might trade but can get a 223 after

From full screen you get the 50/50 with electric arrow since its the biggest hitbox out of all 3 arrows. And it does same amount of chip as fire

From full screen regular green arrow on hit grants free trait load, from anywhere on screen electric arrow on hit grants free trait load

For his b3, J3, J2, 111~Stinger 36% you might want to put a little note in there letting everyone know the timing for it, I thought it was impossible until I just do the J3 closer to the ground. Also, instead of this combo Ive been doing b3, J3, J2, 223~Load 32% since its a hard knockdown and lets me load my arrow.

Don't feel bad I made a thread with video proof on how to escape 111-super reset and people still think it's inescapable to this day. In that thread theres also videos on how to escape his D2 reset and information on how to escape his other resets.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Uhmmm bump lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

It's a nice combo, and anti air arrow in to b3 is underutilized by many GA's, but the combo is pretty much a variation of a lot of other combos that has been posted the last month, so people aren't getting too excited for it. Also, 111 xx super reset is escapeable by most if not all reversal backdashes in the game.

Don't get discouraged though. We need people to keep exploring the use of especially electric arrows, as it's probably the least used arrow!:)

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I love the last combo that does around 96% after you factor in the reset damage of the super. Man I wish you could hit those high damage combos of his outside of the corner though. His pushback on his strings makes it rough to get mid screen damage.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
It's a nice combo, and anti air arrow in to b3 is underutilized by many GA's, but the combo is pretty much a variation of a lot of other combos that has been posted the last month, so people aren't getting too excited for it. Also, 111 xx super reset is escapeable by most if not all reversal backdashes in the game.

Don't get discouraged though. We need people to keep exploring the use of especially electric arrows, as it's probably the least used arrow!:)
Least used and his best, with it doing the same amount of chip as fire arrow, fire arrows are damn near useless

WHERE IS MY NUCLEAR ARROW BUFF?!?

very usefull video minus the 111-reset part. The 111-super can be backdashed by the entire cast due to backdash invincibility frames being universal, even characters with bad backdashes like the ones below

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Not the easiest thing to do tho, alot if ppl know it can be back dashed but try and fail, takes practice to get the timing down. Can't go into a match thinking everyone knows how to backdash out, gotta make them prove it first

SimSim

Not the easiest thing to do tho, alot if ppl know it can be back dashed but try and fail, takes practice to get the timing down. Can't go into a match thinking everyone knows how to backdash out, gotta make them prove it first

I disagree. There are ways to make the super guaranteed, so in stead of making them prove they can backdash it and waste 4 bars doing it, I say sacrifice a little amount of damage for guaranteed damage! After landing freeze arrow, reload a new freeze arrow and do super right away. If timed correctly this should be guaranteed I think.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...

seems like you can just mash backdash when you see super animation..

I disagree. There are ways to make the super guaranteed, so in stead of making them prove they can backdash it and waste 4 bars doing it, I say sacrifice a little amount of damage for guaranteed damage! After landing freeze arrow, reload a new freeze arrow and do super right away. If timed correctly this should be guaranteed I think.
Agreed, this is his best reset. The timing on it is strict, if you mistime it they can backdash it. You basically have to load a freeze arrow at the first possible frame immediately after they get frozen, then immediately hit the super. If timed right, there is no way in hell they are escaping. Thats his only universal guaranteed reset. All the other ones can be escaped with techroll into backdashes, backdashes, and invincible wakeup attacks. The only other guaranteed super he has is off of a block string but its not even a reset, just a guaranteed super.

SimSim

Sorry for the stupid question. But what's the best thing to do if an ice arrow hits in the corner?

Something like:
back dash, j.2, b2 xx df2, 111 xx db1, 111 xx ender (df1 for dmg, bf3 for less dmg but good pressure, db4 for ice arrow loaded and good pressure)

Erazor

Noob
Sorry for the stupid question. But what's the best thing to do if an ice arrow hits in the corner?
You can do this:
j2, b2~Up Haven Blast, 111~Sky Alert, 111~Hurricane Bow/Load Arrow
Replacement for Killerfrost, Catwoman, Hawkgirl, Raven because B2~Up Haven Blast doesn't work:
j2, f2d13, 111~Sky Alert, 111~Hurricane Bow/Load Arrow

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Against a frozen KF/HG/etc in the corner, I usually start with 33xxArrow. I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head, but I think it does a little more damage than f2d13.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey Marksmans, i haven't been following the game often because of the patches being turning me down, but today i just went into to the lab, after watching a Tom Brady video and come here with this nice 78.30% reset that is incredibly hard to escape and nearly guaranteed at 99.99% if you are able to pull the execution requirement and they fail at escaping the reset.

The Reset requires a use of 2 ice arrows, 1 block string and ends up with 55% damage, or 53 if you want to end up reloading some arrow.

B3, J3, 22~ice Arrow, (well timed reload Ice Arrow) 23%, (blockstring)F2D13 (0.30%)~Super, B3, J3, 22~Ice Arrow, J2, 22, Savage Blast~Reload Arrow 53% = 76.30% Damage.

Reload Arrow to Blockstring Frame Trap
Notes: The F2 must be inputed before the opponent leaves the Frozen State, it should left GA nearly on +20 to land a blockstring without give the opponent frames to perform a back dash, at this point they can only block. If the try to back dash they will be hit by the D1 at the time they're inputing back dash.

Super Block Frametrap.
According to Tom, this super is somewhat hard to escape properly, i tested with back dash, and managed to do 3 times around, one of them being activiating the My own super, at the very last explosion frame, if done too early, the GA super will blow up the opponent super and he won't be able to wager the rest.

On General concept, the setup is already hard to escape, and some players might lose themselves on what the hell is going on while trying to backdash the block string and blocking correctly at the same time, and then try to backdash the super.

SimSim

Hey Marksmans, i haven't been following the game often because of the patches being turning me down, but today i just went into to the lab, after watching a Tom Brady video and come here with this nice 78.30% reset that is incredibly hard to escape and nearly guaranteed at 99.99% if you are able to pull the execution requirement and they fail at escaping the reset.

The Reset requires a use of 2 ice arrows, 1 block string and ends up with 55% damage, or 53 if you want to end up reloading some arrow.

B3, J3, 22~ice Arrow, (well timed reload Ice Arrow) 23%, (blockstring)F2D13 (0.30%)~Super, B3, J3, 22~Ice Arrow, J2, 22, Savage Blast~Reload Arrow 53% = 76.30% Damage.

Reload Arrow to Blockstring Frame Trap
Notes: The F2 must be inputed before the opponent leaves the Frozen State, it should left GA nearly on +20 to land a blockstring without give the opponent frames to perform a back dash, at this point they can only block. If the try to back dash they will be hit by the D1 at the time they're inputing back dash.

Super Block Frametrap.
According to Tom, this super is somewhat hard to escape properly, i tested with back dash, and managed to do 3 times around, one of them being activiating the My own super, at the very last explosion frame, if done too early, the GA super will blow up the opponent super and he won't be able to wager the rest.

On General concept, the setup is already hard to escape, and some players might lose themselves on what the hell is going on while trying to backdash the block string and blocking correctly at the same time, and then try to backdash the super.
This is indeed a way to use f2d13 as a reset in to super, and not just a guaranteed super, but I have to ask: Is there any advantage to doing this in stead of load ice arrow->super which isn't escapable (While the f2d13 can be pusblocked)?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This is indeed a way to use f2d13 as a reset in to super, and not just a guaranteed super, but I have to ask: Is there any advantage to doing this in stead of load ice arrow->super which isn't escapable (While the f2d13 can be pusblocked)?
Are you sure load ice Arrow~super isn't escapable? Because the input window is kinda small you know?, and by the time i'm almost sure it can be also back dashed.

But i would rather do this one blockstring into super, which makes the waste meter if they pushblock but also reduce they chances to wager my next combo.