What's new

Arcade Stick showroom

Tim Static

Adminerator
IceyTruth said:
Nice Tim! Have you tried it out with UMK3? How does the layout feel?
not UMK3 but Trilogy i have (a basic PS3 TE stick wont work on Mame/PC so i have to use a PS game lol) and its ok. i much prefer the old MK layout, but this new one is great for beginners or SF players who have used the SF layout for years.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
Tim Static said:
not UMK3 but Trilogy i have (a basic PS3 TE stick wont work on Mame/PC so i have to use a PS game lol) and its ok. i much prefer the old MK layout, but this new one is great for beginners or SF players who have used the SF layout for years.
the TE sticks work on mame.....they dont work on most of the online mame's but it does work on MAMEUI32 if u just want to play to play! and im prety sure it works on mame32k cause i used to try my sf stick but then unplug it b.c i sux at it lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
GoldenOreos said:
the TE sticks work on mame.....they dont work on most of the online mame's but it does work on MAMEUI32 if u just want to play to play! and im prety sure it works on mame32k cause i used to try my sf stick but then unplug it b.c i sux at it lol
pretty sure the PS3 TE's dont. their pcb's are fucked up lol

Dark_Rob

Noob
Tim Static said:
pretty sure the PS3 TE's dont. their pcb's are fucked up lol
Tim its only some of them. Ive had PS3 T.E's that didnt work on MAME and some that did. Its worth giving it a try just to see.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Finished my mods on my Madcatz T.E.'s They came out beastly.
This one is a PS3 stick.

This one is a 360 stick.

Here is both.

TeddyLoc

R.I.P. Dj Screw
ScheissNussen said:
What do you suppose this stick is?
Looks like it was made for some kind of testing purposes, but do you think it was distributed or homemade (It is 80's colors)?

Also, has anyone ever played the game pictured? "Express Riders" ?

I was playin Express Raiders when I was a kid back in the 80's....Classic!!!

X820

Noob
I could use some advice from the stick die hards here..

I want to buy either one of these two sticks.

-Hori, Real Arcade Pro V3-Sa

-Madcatz Street Fighter IV Round 2 Tournament Stick

Both have Sanwa parts (eventhough some say the madcatz stick has lower quality parts), only the weight is different in both sticks, the HORI is much lighter wich is a matter of preference.

The thing that make me doubt wich to get is the PCB's that are used in both sticks.
I've read that the madcatz have a +/- 3 frame delay in comparison with the Hori, does anyone know more about this?

I like the look of the madcatz more, but if the Hori responds better...

Anyone?

X820

Noob
I have considered a custom stick from AIAB but I don't want to wait for it nor get taxed by customs and such.
Besides I could build that myself :)
I just want a good stick with sanwa parts, considering I have 2 (sanwa) sticks and 8 buttons in spare parts stashed somewhere.

Thanks Tim.

X820

Noob
I want to use it on all systems, both these sticks are for PS3, so it's also PC compatible :)

I was thinking of getting an XCM Cross fire converter for when I go console shopping again.

Have you had any experience with these?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Those crossfire's are garbage. And 360 are the sticks that are PC compat, fyi.

I think you can use the PS3 sticks on PC too but you need drivers etc. Besides if you are wanting to dual mod the stick, then you definitely need a 360 to start out with.

X820

Noob
Yeah I've read some mixed stories about the crossfire, some say they are great others complain about them.
I've been using a PS3 pad on MAME for a long time using MotioninJoy, I'm assuming a PS3 stick will work aswell.
Is there any adapter that works well on the 360?

I'd rather buy an extra device then sit around fiddling with screwdrivers and what not.

I eventually wouldn't mind though if there wasn't any other alternative for a dual mod.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
i would cthulu it for dual, or w.e that pcb is called. buy a 360 stick and thaty pcb for 30 and solder it up and bam dual mod, but i have usb ports sitting around so i dont need all the extra stuff

X820

Noob
GoldenOreos said:
i would cthulu it for dual, or w.e that pcb is called. buy a 360 stick and thaty pcb for 30 and solder it up and bam dual mod, but i have usb ports sitting around so i dont need all the extra stuff
All I could find was a cthulu dual mod for Ps2 and xbox, not 360.
I found another brand of PCB that is solderless and supports both the PS3 and Xbox 360.
The madcatz TE stick (1st edition) is coming in the mail tomorrow, can't wait to play with it.

Thanks man.