What's new

Arcade Stick showroom

You can show your arcade sticks here, if you don't have one you can discuss/ask a question/rate someone else stick.

My Street Fighter Anniversary stick for PS2/Xbox(works on PS3 with adapter, lag free)

Hori Fighting Stick 3, I haven't used this stick in a long time.

codo27

Noob
I'm ready to take my game to the next level. What would you guys recommend for a good, durable stick? Primarily, pretty much exclusively for use with MK2?

codo27 said:
I'm ready to take my game to the next level. What would you guys recommend for a good, durable stick? Primarily, pretty much exclusively for use with MK2?
MK games have a strange button layout compared to many Japanese arcade fighters, so you have a few options. Build your own (which can be difficult but is also very fun), you can check Arcade-in-a-box, which many of the regulars here from UMK.com will vouch for as very high quality sticks (and they have a MK button layout). If you don't really mind the 3+3 button layout, check out the Tournament Edition Fight Stick from madcatz. It was made for Street Fighter 4, and it's an extremely nice stick.

L

LorenzoTheComic

Not so Ultimate Aracde Fighting Stick

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucYYe-LSNJo[/youtube]

I can hardly pull off special moves using this old arcade stick as I play Street Fighter II, not only that, but this is really bad for trying to do Mortal Kombat Fatalities. And sorry for all that stuttering & mumbling I did in the video because I didn't feel like taking the time to edit the video and dub it over with Sony Vegas and my Xbox 360 Headset like I said in the video at 5:09.

I also tried playing some MUGEN with this stick via the Super Smartjoy SNES USB Adapter I got for my birthday in 2008. This controller's pretty okay for inputting two buttons at the same time, and the standard command for dashing is even hard to do.

Anyways, I ordered this arcade stick from Amazon for $10.99 + $3.99 shipping on Sunday this week. It came in a Giant Bag before I opened it. I always wanted to buy an arcade stick but this surely wasn't exactly what I had in mind. So yeah, the fact that you can't do hadoukens and stuff easily with this stick topples everything about this. I feel kinda ripped off thanks to the design on the control stick.

EDIT: If you want I would add annotations/subtitles(harder to do) to represent what I really wanted to say during he video.

Some pretty sweet Arcade Sticks....I don't think I need pictures but here's the one's I have....

SF Annavesary Collection ( PS2/Xbox )
Both the sticks that came out on Xbox 360 for SFIV ( hate that they don't have a baseball bat and only a gumball )

x-arcade tank stick. It's pretty much awesome and it's built like a tank, hence the name.

Ps. I have the keyboard tray installed so the keyboard isn't sitting there anymore. All I have to do now is get the monitor bezel on! w00t!