What's new

Arcade Stick Promotion from Arcade in a Box for UMK members!

Noob
Stick to it guys(no pun intended). I was an original arcade player converted to pad for like 15 years... I hadn't played MK in the arcade in that long. I'm proof that once you start on stick... and you commit to it(you're gonna get angry along the way and want to pick up the pad again...don't do that) that you'll be better on the stick than on the Pad.

Pink, glad to see I'm not the only one who sees the hybrid MK/SF layout as the most best option if you play both games. If you're MK only, you can learn to switch back and forth, but if you play SF, it's difficult to play SF with the MK layout.

Dedicated run button where it's supposed to be, but where is your block, bottom middle or top middle? I use bottom middle for block.

Stick to it guys(no pun intended). I was an original arcade player converted to pad for like 15 years... I hadn't played MK in the arcade in that long. I'm proof that once you start on stick... and you commit to it(you're gonna get angry along the way and want to pick up the pad again...don't do that) that you'll be better on the stick than on the Pad.

Pink, glad to see I'm not the only one who sees the hybrid MK/SF layout as the most best option if you play both games. If you're MK only, you can learn to switch back and forth, but if you play SF, it's difficult to play SF with the MK layout.

Dedicated run button where it's supposed to be, but where is your block, bottom middle or top middle? I use bottom middle for block.
Mine's the top middle. I don't think it makes much difference, though. I couldn't imagine trying to play SF with an MK layout at all.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Is it possible to hook the stick up to MAME cause i couldt get it to work.
You can on XP and Vista, sometimes you have to let it sit there for a while on the first shot and let it update the drivers but it will work.

I had to set it up, the drivers are easy to find, just type in the type of controller that Ed uses to make them...(it'll pop up when you start your computer up with it in, just find the driver name) and download the appropriate drivers from microsoft.

or just let auto update do it all =/ my pc is ghetto and therefore must be led through these simple processes.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
weird, all I had to do was plug them in and it took a minute but they worked on their own.

Lars

Noob
You can on XP and Vista, sometimes you have to let it sit there for a while on the first shot and let it update the drivers but it will work.
I works now, I did what you said and installed the drivers.

EDIT: The sound is gone now. Do I need earplugs?
Or is it a way around this? I dont have a headset that fits.

It's prob your mame version, it's on mute haha. That happened to me too. Find the mute key and unpress it. I think it's....` or the tilde key...

Lars

Noob
LOL, okey what button is the mute button.
Also when I have the USB to the stick plugged in. All sounds go away on my computer, I tried to check something on youtube but the sound was gone. Once i unpluged the USB it all got better.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I have heard of issues with USB controllers and sound, I will have to look into it.

I had that happen too, it's because your computer automatically switches to the controller's headset for sound output. Go in to your sound options and change the default speakers back.

on the arcade in a box site where do you go for custom graphics for your stick or does anyone have a link to a picture so I know the size I need for a picture? dimensions and stuff ya know

if I get my custom graphic going I'll be ordering a stick around this friday

mdsfx

Noob
It's on the page for whatever stick you're ordering, scroll down.
I thought Ed stopped offering custom artwork for copyright reasons unless you send him your own. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the page of artwork options is there anymore. The link that my artwork was on is now gone.

I thought Ed stopped offering custom artwork for copyright reasons unless you send him your own. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the page of artwork options is there anymore. The link that my artwork was on is now gone.
I think he was talking about the templates.

Hey guys, glad to see you two got your sticks. I was away on vacation for a week so I tried to stay away from the business for a little while. Though I couldn't help it, I had to at least answer emails on my laptop. Looks like I had about 200 in the week I was gone, so I'm glad I didn't come back to that :).

As for the headset, I'm glad you guys could answer the question. It is part of the new troubleshooting section of the site, once that goes up. There are really only 2 major issues that have cropped up. The headset thing on PCs, and the triggers wanting to activate randomly, mostly on Virtua Fighter.

Oh,
PS3 sticks will be available this weekend. Soon, 360/ps3 sticks with a toggle switch to switch between the systems. This means just one USB cable coming out the back. As for pricing on that, I'm not sure yet. PS3 sticks will have the same pricing structure as the 360, if not cheaper.

Hey guys, glad to see you two got your sticks. I was away on vacation for a week so I tried to stay away from the business for a little while. Though I couldn't help it, I had to at least answer emails on my laptop. Looks like I had about 200 in the week I was gone, so I'm glad I didn't come back to that :).

As for the headset, I'm glad you guys could answer the question. It is part of the new troubleshooting section of the site, once that goes up. There are really only 2 major issues that have cropped up. The headset thing on PCs, and the triggers wanting to activate randomly, mostly on Virtua Fighter.

Oh,
PS3 sticks will be available this weekend. Soon, 360/ps3 sticks with a toggle switch to switch between the systems. This means just one USB cable coming out the back. As for pricing on that, I'm not sure yet. PS3 sticks will have the same pricing structure as the 360, if not cheaper.
I noticed the trigger thing, I just turned them off and Virtua Fighter worked fine. Looking at the properties on PC, it looks like one trigger is held down the slightest bit possible, I don't know what would cause that.

Dude,

That is a great idea to make 360/PS3 sticks with a toggle to switch between systems.

Please do!
haha I know you'd def get one then

I wish my friend would hurry up with the custom artwork so I can get mine I cant wait to see how frustratingly fun it is going to be to relearn mk :p