What's new

Arcade Stick Promotion from Arcade in a Box for UMK members!

Applying the artwork isn't that tough. I'm going to add both of those to my site very soon, great work as usual Mike.

For the artwork, you just need to take the bottom off, and remove the microswitches from the buttons, make sure to label them. Then remove the buttons. I'm not sure how hard it will be without a button wrench.

Then you need to remove the joystick shaft and unscrew the bolts to the base. The artwork will be easier to put on if you take the t-molding off the control panel. Also, use some sandpaper and scratch up the black melamine around the buttons and around the bolt holes. This will help it stick better, something I just realized recently :).

Cutout the holes and put it all back together.

Ok, maybe it is a little more complicated :).

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
Using the backgrounds and put the users name on it, say.....

MK2 Wasteland, and TIM STATIC WINS on it, or someting like that, haha.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
RAWR!!!

Cool. Just an idea of something more personal can be done as well.

Kind of like those fake pictures they use for birthdays, like your name on the scoreboard at your favorites teams scoreboard kind of thing. lol :D

But for the wording, use MK2 font for a MK2 background, MK3 font for MK3/UMK3 background, etc.

mdsfx

Noob
I didn't even know you could get truetype MK fonts!

Ohhhh man... this could get fun. Of course, they look almost TOO much like the game fonts. Very jagged.

Shock

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Premium Supporter
I have MK4 TTF as well. Depending on the program you use, it will smooth the edges of the fonts infinitely and you won't see any jaggedness. The original fonts were designed for lower resolution so they just look like that.

dreemernj

Ambassador
And as was explained by McCarron at some point, the MK3 font was not made for MK3 so there are legit font files for it that aren't based specifically on the game. That's probably why the MK3 font tends to look good everywhere.

I still have to add that info to the wiki...

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
I have MK4 TTF as well. Depending on the program you use, it will smooth the edges of the fonts infinitely and you won't see any jaggedness. The original fonts were designed for lower resolution so they just look like that.
OOhhhh, that would look sick. I want, I want!

mdsfx

Noob

OK, I was going for UMK3 purple, not sure I'm liking the color. That's all easy to change though. I had the hook-swords crossed at one point which also looks cool.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator

OK, I was going for UMK3 purple, not sure I'm liking the color. That's all easy to change though. I had the hook-swords crossed at one point which also looks cool.
That would look better, IMO, with a tan/khaki/light brown color, like his pants, haha.

mdsfx

Noob
By the way, this is my arcade stick from Arcade-In-A-Box. Only difference now is that I added a duplicate button for run (not pictured).

mdsfx

Noob
onewhite1gold's final print. I think that's the last that I'm posting, but I will continue to make them until I have most/all of the characters available for people.